bookieNJ Posts: 3,582 Member
    Options
    3 yeses!
    2 pass days used
  • seilidhe
    seilidhe Posts: 1,042 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Thanks, @MadisonMolly2017, appreciate you taking the time to write that. I will keep working at it.
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    Options
    March 20:
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? No.
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes.
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? No.

Did I do my Yoga today? No.
    Pass Days Used: Too many.

I just didn't feel well Sunday. I still hurt quite a bit from my bicycle ride, and laid around most of the day. I did do some paperwork and got my taxes filed tho, so it wasn't a total loss. ;)

@RBnorth66 WELCOME back! It's so good to see you again!

I usually drink a good amount of water. I enjoy water, so it's usually not a problem. I also like hot tea, and often will have a cup of something to help me get ready for bed in the evening. I have to go to bed pretty early as I get up at 4:30am most weekday mornings. I have an alarm on my fitbit that goes off to remind me that it's time to start getting ready for bed! Thankfully, I don't usually have too much trouble sleeping.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,995 Member
    Options
    Definitely exercised: 74km on the bike over 3.5 active hours, averaging 21kph.
    Tried logging my food though 1/6 of Turkish Breakfast from a restaurant in Surrey is hard to calculate.
    Went over the number of calories MFP reckons I need to lose weight, so that's a no.

You asked yesterday why I want to lose weight. I realise that was a rhetorical question. Some days I want to lose weight so I can fit comfortably into an airplane seat or buy clothing at normal (not specialty) stores. I also tell myself that cycling up hills would be easier if I was lighter. And all that is mostly true. Today, though, I think....meh. This is me, I've been fat my entire adult life, and I clearly can't seem to change any of that, so why bother? Just keep cycling and it will all sort itself out in the end.

From a cycling standpoint, I am in a better place than I was this time last year. Last year, it was mid April before I did a 70+ km ride and I was broken afterwards. This year, its earlier and I feel stronger. I also feel like I am still digesting those tacos from Saturday night....

I find weekends much more difficult than week days for this.

@Cowphilosopher
    I’m not sure I meant the question rhetorically…

Have a truly compelling reason why you want to weigh less is, in my opinion, our essential task in this whole deal.

We need something that is so compelling that we will forego short term pleasures.

That’s it. Long term goals met vs short term momentary tastiness.

For me it boiled down to being as fit &healthy as possible so I would be able to actively enjoy my husband & son.

After I lost the weight, I added the joy of being able to hike mountains easily.

Many times, my “Compelling Why” has helped me stay the course. (That & the fact I don’t even remember what I ate a day or two later, so really how important is it?!!)

• Elbee1
    Elbee1 Posts: 2,024 Member
    Options
    [
    seilidhe wrote: »
    3 x No.

Given the number of NOs this month and since I joined this group, I'm sure you can guess what's going on with my weight. Right now, I'm pretty angry and extremely disappointed in myself, but I'm having a hard time breaking this destructive cycle since, basically, I just want to sit in a corner somewhere, cry, and eat high caloric, high carb yummies. I know what I have to do. I hope y'all don't mind that I continue to stick around here and read, even if I don't reply. :) Thanks. ...

@seilidhe
    Our Food Monkey Brains aremanipulative little beasts.

It tempts us with “treats” but they actually makes us less well.

It convinces us that overeating will make us feel less sad, and sometimes it does temporarily, but then we feel much much worse.

And when all else fails, it tells us we’ve blown it, and makes us disappointed in ourselves & then creeps back when we are in a weakened state & gets us to overeat again. Perpetuating the whole cycle again.

Once I realized there was some inner monkey brain in me that had no interest in my health & well being, I saw food as what it really is: nutrients.

It’s not love, it’s not a treat, it’s not comfort (side note: Comfort Food is not comforting especially when we step on the scale the next morning..) Food is nutrients

And almost all of our whole culture does not realize that.

My
    Monkey brain on several occasions has absolutely convinced me that I am fat & regained tons of weight & should just eat what I like. I’d only gained a pound & was still in my maintenance range…

But I’m on to its tricks now. It takes awhile. It takes deep self-kindness

Now, I tell it “nice try” and laugh at it when it suggests I stop
    Tracking my food or some other idiocy. People don’t lose (in my case) 70lbs after being obese since I was in 9th grader, by listening to their monkey brains.

When I’m in your situation, I focus everything on 1. Maintaining the higher weight first. 2. Tracking every bite - that stops the Monkey Brain in its tracks.

You deserve to be healthy & happy & proud.

Kick your MB to the curb. It will put up a fight, but you will be Victorious.

#NeverGiveUp

Wow! I feel like you both were speaking to me. I could have written @seilidhe 's post. As it pretty much described me.
    And, @MadisonMolly2017 Thank you so much for your response! I will try to keep your thoughts in my head so I can stop Monkey Brain.
    This was so timely for me to read this morning.
    Thank you!
  • VickiSLaw
    VickiSLaw Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Yes, yes and yes
  • Intrinsicat
    Intrinsicat Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    seilidhe wrote: »
    3 x No.
    I hope y'all don't mind that I continue to stick around here and read, even if I don't reply. :) Thanks.

Honestly? It’s the people who continue posting past the 3 days who inspire me the MOST. That’s when it is most tempting to throw in the towel in slink into the bush like the Homer Simpson gif. To that I say please keep posting it’s truly inspiring!

Speaking of which currently at 4/3 days used

Activity? A 45 min walk with the beau
    Kept under calorie? Yes
    Kept track? Yep

• tahm42
    tahm42 Posts: 4,781 Member
    Options
    ✔️✔️✔️
    0/3 pass days used