March 25

Replies

• donna25trinity
    donna25trinity Posts: 2,986 Member
    tahm42 wrote: »
    ✔️✔️✔️
    0/3 pass days used.

Still in Florida. Hiked a half mile in the woods to dive a spring. That cavern swallowed up all light. I thought I had gotten over my fear of the dark.... Nope this place brought that all back 42 ft down and my light did not illuminate the walls or anything. It was a black void. I swam up to the only thing my light touched which was a ledge at 40 ft. My husband realized he lost the wall and me at 53 ft. I could see him but he couldn't see me. He did the same thing I did he swam toward the surface. I couldn't believe it but it was too dark for him, too. So I don't feel bad about myself for tapping out.
    Nsv, in years past I wouldn't have made the hike with my gear. Also my wet suit is actually getting easier to get on.
    One more day in my happy place.

Wow u sound like a dare devil @tahm42 good 4 u......xo
  • donna25trinity
    donna25trinity Posts: 2,986 Member
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? 84 minutes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

Pass days used - 6

What were or are your reasons to overeat? and how have you or how do you plan to combat your over eating behaviours?

I was a very athletic kid - in every sport under the sun and active every day of the week. I also ate poorly - I remember stopping at Burger King on the way to gymnastics. There were reasons for this - my dad was doing long haul truck driving at the time and my Mom was working and trying to get her kids to all the activities. We ate lots of processed convenience foods but I was burning so many calories I was remaining very fit.

Fast forward to my teen years and a move cross country and I was dealing with lots of anxiety and my sports had slowed down. I still however had my love for food. I can remember buying a 6 pack of grocery store cinnamon buns on my break at work and just eating... there was never enough food for me. I loved the feeling of being full. I ate for any reason - happy, sad, joy, sadness. Food was a friend.

There is a lot of obesity in my family. I would say there is a propensity for it, but what's the reason really? I know I had bad habits and I was eating for a level of activity I was no longer doing. I come from a family that likes to eat and there was always a lot of encouragement to do so.

Anyway, I've had times of dieting but mostly I've just been eating and accepting I was always going to be overweight.

The way I combat it now is just being solid with myself that I have an eating budget of calories and I'm not to exceed it. It's just the way life is now. I have worked too hard to let that go. I NEVER thought in a million years I could lose over 100 pounds and sheer stubbornness is going to ensure I never let myself gain it back :)

@ashleycarole You go gal I can see the strength and willness to never go back just oozing out of u!!! This part here is so simple yet so profound " The way I combat it now is just being solid with myself that I have an eating budget of calories and I'm not to exceed it. Something I will be sure to remind myself of the next time I'm feeling naughty! He he xo
  • Cowphilosopher
    Cowphilosopher Posts: 52 Member
    @donna25trinity don't get me wrong, if I had any reason to think it was good chocolate sauce, I probably would have had it. But chocolate FLAVOURED sauce? Not worth the calories and hit to my sugar cravings. I like your approach of having a little something sweet every day and I will try that.

• DebyS137
    DebyS137 Posts: 4,433 Member
    ~🌷~ 3 / 25 /2022~~ Waving Hi ~~ 🙋🏼 ~~ BLESSings Everyone ~💖~

Exercise for at least 20 minutes .................................... ✅ ... 220+ min.
    Stay within my calorie budget for the day ...................... ✅ ... I am
    Keep track of everything I ate and drank ....................... ✅ .... I did

STEPS......... 26,840+.......... 190 = walking ......... 30 cleaning

Documenting My CONSISTANCY = For personal ACCOUNTABILITY & Celebration
    (if there is a P=instead of number its a Pass Day)

1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12-13-14-15-16-17-18-19-20-21-22-23-24

💖 Wishing EVERYONE all the BEST & Much Success In March 🏆 We Got This 🏆
  • StayFITTer
    StayFITTer Posts: 600 Member
    edited March 2022
    Emoji = Pass
    UAC: ✔️-✔️-🤔-✔️-✔️-✔️-✔️-✔️-✔️-😎-✔️-✔️-✔️-✔️-✔️-✔️-😬-🤗-📚-🙌🏾-🤷🏾‍♀️-✔️-✔️-✔️-✔️-26-27-28-29-30-31

Apparently Washing and Folding Clothes for hours on end is a workout. I ended the night with over 20,000 "steps". But I did 2 10 min interval strength workouts while watching the movie to get my 20 minutes in.

For the 24th, I did a 2 back to back 10 min interval cardio workout (up up down down/step aerobics on BOSU (30 sec) with squats on top (10 sec).

@donna25trinity I mindlessly eat out of boredom, or as an avoidance technique--because so something unpleasant I don't want to do. My current strategy right now is to CALL OUT the behavior by thinking or saying out loud. "I am not hungry, right now."

Now I've still been eating in spite of thinking or saying it out loud. I just need to practice recognizing and disrupting the system.
  • Fri March 25
    Exercise: 20 minutes stretching, 1.5 hours walking in the woods for work
    Tracking: Tracked everything, though didn't weigh my food for dinner so that was estimated.
    Calories: About 200 over
    I think that was a case where maybe I should have counted some exercise calories, though, because the hike was 3x a long as my usual 20 minute walk and over rougher terrain. I was really hungry for dinner. And I lost 0.5 pounds.

Way over pass days in my learning month - but I think I am getting the hang of it this week.

Why do I overeat?
    I do think I was getting into a bad place recently with weight loss where I was trying to eat too little and then getting hungry/losing willpower and eating too much - and net actually not eating at a deficit but lying to myself about it. That's why this learning month.

Prior to that, though, (and still now) I think I ate too much because food is good, and so much of life is centered around food celebrations and I really enjoy that aspect of life. And unfortunately I just don't need that many calories. Part of what makes it challenging too is that I had many years of being pregnant and nursing where I did need a lot of calories and eat a lot of calories so to some extent my stomach and brain are used to that. It's been a journey of recalibration, to some extent. Pre-pregnancy I had a pretty small appetite. I am trying to get back there, but also it is all about the giant salad or pile of cauliflower to give myself the big meal I want while not having too many calories.

I am trying to figure out how to balance that I do want good food and communal food celebrations to be part of my life, without being in a restrict and then binge cycle and without gaining weight. Tricky! I have not figured it out yet.
  • Elbee1
    Elbee1 Posts: 2,023 Member
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? 84 minutes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

Pass days used - 6

What were or are your reasons to overeat? and how have you or how do you plan to combat your over eating behaviours?

I was a very athletic kid - in every sport under the sun and active every day of the week. I also ate poorly - I remember stopping at Burger King on the way to gymnastics. There were reasons for this - my dad was doing long haul truck driving at the time and my Mom was working and trying to get her kids to all the activities. We ate lots of processed convenience foods but I was burning so many calories I was remaining very fit.

Fast forward to my teen years and a move cross country and I was dealing with lots of anxiety and my sports had slowed down. I still however had my love for food. I can remember buying a 6 pack of grocery store cinnamon buns on my break at work and just eating... there was never enough food for me. I loved the feeling of being full. I ate for any reason - happy, sad, joy, sadness. Food was a friend.

There is a lot of obesity in my family. I would say there is a propensity for it, but what's the reason really? I know I had bad habits and I was eating for a level of activity I was no longer doing. I come from a family that likes to eat and there was always a lot of encouragement to do so.

Anyway, I've had times of dieting but mostly I've just been eating and accepting I was always going to be overweight.

The way I combat it now is just being solid with myself that I have an eating budget of calories and I'm not to exceed it. It's just the way life is now. I have worked too hard to let that go. I NEVER thought in a million years I could lose over 100 pounds and sheer stubbornness is going to ensure I never let myself gain it back :)

Congrats on your weight loss! Truly inspiring.
    My reasons for over-eating close to same. Eating habits were similar it sounds like…
    Again, congrats & I love that you wrote about sheer stubbornness will prevent you from going back.
    Love & hugs.
  • Elbee1
    Elbee1 Posts: 2,023 Member
    Exercise: yes
    Tracking: yes
    Calories under: no
    Passes: all used
  • ideas2
    ideas2 Posts: 1,229 Member
    ✅ Exercise: 40 minutes walking
    ✅ Calories
    ✅ Tracked

1 passday used (Mar 13)

I overeat primarily when I am tired, both at times to make me sleep when I am tired but wired, and also to give me energy. I am aware how poorly that works out in the longer time frame, but they are habits that I believe started when I was tiny.
  • Jan1936
    Jan1936 Posts: 483 Member
    Sooo many reasons... try to "feed" any thing that is making me out of balance... rather than stopping, thinking and then adjusting the actual imbalance.

yes x 3...
  • makattack220
    makattack220 Posts: 219 Member
    edited March 2022
    ✔︎ 20+ mins exercise (short walk and vigorous cleaning)
    ? Within calorie budget
    ✘ Log everything

Consistency Tracking (☘️=3 ✔︎'s, 🏴‍☠️=pass):
    ☘️-☘️-☘️-☘️-☘️-🏴‍☠️-☘️-☘️-☘️-☘️-☘️-☘️-🏴‍☠️-☘️-☘️-☘️-☘️-☘️-🏴‍☠️-☘️-☘️-☘️-☘️-☘️-🏴‍☠️-26-27-28-29-30-31
    Passes used = 4 / 3

Habits I'm continuing to track this month:
    ✔︎ Morning meditation
    📿-📿-📿-✘-✘-📿-📿-📿-📿-📿-📿-📿-📿-📿-📿-📿-📿-📿-📿-📿-📿-📿-📿-📿-📿-26-27-28-29-30-31
    ✘ Drink >64oz water
    💧-💧-💧-💧-💧-💧-💧-💧-💧-💧-💧-💧-💧-💧-💧-💧-💧-💧-💧-💧-💧-💧-💧-💧-✘-26-27-28-29-30-31

I had an unplanned pass day and am feeling quite frustrated with myself but am doing some reflecting on this. When things go awry (circumstances outside of my control), I want to focus on the things I CAN control (what I eat/drink) rather than spiraling. I haven't had a day like this in many months and have made so much progress. That is what I will remind myself. Today is a new day!
  • jamcnewman
    jamcnewman Posts: 4,025 Member
    @makattack220 Failure does provide the best learning moments and remember if you weren’t trying, you wouldn’t even perceive that you failed. Reflecting and reminding yourself of your progress is so healthy — good for you 🌟🌟🌟 Have a super weekend 🥰
  • enlightenme3
    enlightenme3 Posts: 2,469 Member
    ✅ Exercise - 1 hour of Jazzercise
    ✅ Calories -
    ✅ Tracking -

Closed all my Apple watch rings today
    3 Pass days used

Documenting consistency (if there is a P=instead of number its a Pass Day)
    UAC: 1-2-3-4-P-6-7-8-9-P-11-12-13-14-15-16-17-18-19-20-21-22-23-P-25

• Marilynsretired
    Marilynsretired Posts: 5,335 Member
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? yes

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? yes

Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? yes
  • RBnorth66
    RBnorth66 Posts: 85 Member
    Great topic! I overeat as a replacement and reaction to other emotions. A frequently tell myself I deserve a "reward" for something when in reality I am not rewarding myself by eating too much food or the wrong foods that my body really needs.

The question I need to ask myself daily is: "Does my body really need this food? Why am I eating this?"

I met all the goals today. Exercise, tracking and staying within my calorie goal.
  • tonyccn
    tonyccn Posts: 8 Member
    Yes - Exercise actively at least 20 minutes every day; 34 mins

Yes - eat only your budgeted calories every day

Yes - Track your caloric food and caloric beverages every day for the entire month. -789 calories (over) my 2380 calories daily goal.
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,119 Member
    You really got us chatting today @donna25trinity ... great topic and I loved reading everyone's responses.

@Elbee1 Wow - that really is every sport under the sun!

@makattack220 Sounds like you're being gentle with yourself - understanding that you want to learn from whatever happened but not beating yourself up. Onwards and upwards.. you've got this!