Monthly Post for March 2022

Options
13»

Replies

• Meghan509
    Meghan509 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Found these and thought of you, @KateNkognito

Not a bad calorie hit, for two muffins. :)

https://www.slenderkitchen.com/recipe/cottage-cheese-omelet-muffins
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Happy Friday! Sunny here and supposed to be warmer again. The ups and downs of March!

We are looking forward to dinner at a friend's house on Saturday night.

Hope you ladies are good. See you soon!
  • KateNkognito
    KateNkognito Posts: 1,554 Member
    Options
    @Meghan509 Spring cleaning is so nice! And I am thinking of making something very similar to those egg muffins. Throw it on a biscuit and I am all set to go!

Weather here is trying to make its mind up. But they are already warning that next Tuesday could be severe weather. Good news is, since the sun has been shining, my room is getting all the cool air and is no longer the surface of the sun. B) State testing for science is done. I just have a few more weeks with these crazy kids. I am going to miss them. Off to bed. I have to either clean my house or report myself to the health department. It isn't *bad* just really messy. It looks like the whole family has been busy all week and just dropped stuff wherever. So tomorrow we clean!
  • mamainthekitchen
    mamainthekitchen Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    What a nice visit to look forward to Meghan! So glad to hear your dad is doing well! Amazing treatments nowadays!

lol on your state testing Kate!!!! :D

So I ran into a ‘friend’ on Thursday I haven’t seen for a while (probs since the start of lockdowns). She looked fantastic! Lost about 20-30 lbs… I told her she looked great and she said “oh I’ve been fasting for 2 days a week.. just have a chefs salad on my two days and eat normal the other 5… it’s awesome and so easy to do!!…everyone should try it!” (As I stand before her about 20lbs heavier than when she saw me last!!) I didn’t dare admit to me being successful a few years ago doing that… only gaining it all back again!! just moved on with asking about her kids, yadda yadda….

Now I’ve being stewing about that since then!! Why can’t I think it’s “just THAT simple”!!! Hoping for some major inspiration (aka JEALOUSY) to kick me into gear!!!

Just enjoyed a baby spinach & 1 piece of cheese omelette with a swirl of sriracha for first meal today! It’s Saturday people…. Enjoy, but let’s get serious here!! Who’s with me! :#
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    @mamainthekitchen I am within 5 pounds of my heaviest weight again after having lost 30 pounds two years ago. Facepalm. I just can't get my brain in the right place lately. Imma need some sort of serious kick in the pants to get me going again.
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Sigh, don't you love running in to people when you are not feeling your awesome self?!
    @mamainthekitchen I don't blame you for keeping quiet. Ugh. You can also add me to the kick in the pants list, like Kate.

@KateNkognito yep, I am in a similar boat with falling off the rails pretty bad this past summer. Back in the larger clothing I had in the basement in boxes. It is what it is. Turning 50 in early May and nope, not at or closer my goal weight but here we are. Oh boy.
    Hope you got your cleaning and organizing done!

Today and this week I am aiming for less carbs. Not low carb or keto because that didn't work for me, just less. Skipping the carby oatmeal in the AM and eating a lower carb protein bar if I get hungry. Baby steps is all I can handle at the moment.

I am just not in a good weight loss mindset lately and it stinks. I also crave normalcy. Sick and tired of always having to do this or that to lose weight. Shopping and planning, weighing and measuring, counting calories, this that, etc. etc. Blah blah blah... I just want to be normal. Sorry for the rant. I don't mean to be negative. Just where I am at lately. I am also looking forward to when it is not 24 degrees F and sunny (i.e., today) and I am able to get some walking in.

I would like to do is lose 30 pounds. That will put me at a weight that my body "likes" and has gone back to time and time again. Most of my clothes will fit comfortably and I feel "thin". I just have to get in the right mind set and focus.

Have a good day ladies. See you soon.
  • mamainthekitchen
    Options
    Ahhhh sigh….

It seems we’ve all stepped off that wagon and feeling about the same!!! Also soooo tired of the measuring/weighing blah blah is right Meghan!

What I need, for me, is to go back to the original 5:2 method and low carbs (again, agree with Meg, no carbs not doable long term!) I felt better on 5:2. Also some days maybe just do a OMAD day, say the 1st day of the month? I don’t know, but I’ve gotta try! I’m the one 62 here and it ain’t gettin’ easier I’ll tell you that!!

What also works for me is to weigh & measure and LOG THAT in written format in my phones notes so I can refer to (exciting) progress!!

I’m doing it…. 5:2 …. My fasting day will be tomorrow as I’ll be out tomorrow anyhow, so tues & again Friday! I’ll log what I’ve eaten today… you guys can check my diary! Crossed fingers I don’t give into the wine!!!!!
    <3
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Seems I am not the only one in a funk lately. I want to lose, but I am just not in the right mindset.

@Meghan509 I get it. I hope you find your groove.

@mamainthekitchen You are inspiring!

Long Monday. Going to bed early.
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Hello!!

Sigh, one of those crazy days! But, I did manage to fast all morning and just had lunch at 12:30pm my time. Water, water, water...

I apologize for my negativity in my post from yesterday. After I posted it I was a little unsure if I should delete it or not. I don't want to scare anyone off who is looking to live a healthier lifestyle. But, I see that we are all in a similar boat. Sigh... It will get better. Just takes time.

@mamainthekitchen hope your fast went well today!

@KateNkognito hang in there. We got this.

Good news here is that our new Assistant has accepted our job offer and she will be starting this Monday or next!

See you soon. <3
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Today is going much better than yesterday! Less crazy!

How'd Tuesday go for everybody?

I stuck to my calorie limits and am feeling pretty good.

Have a good day and see you soon.
  • mamainthekitchen
    Options
    Good morning! Well you guys have probs had lunch by now…..

First off, and most important!!….. Meghan please never delete your thoughts here! Your post was not negative, it’s real. I for one appreciate honesty in this crazy diet forum here! Perhaps my posts are a little ‘out there’ too (many are rants), but I do feel that sometimes that can spark something in people, the reader &/or the author!! So please, no apology is ever necessary here!!! Most of the time I find that we all can relate to the struggles & successes we each have. Someone else’s success can spur others on or the struggles one confesses is really a connection to the reality we’re all in. There’s my thoughts! ;)

Kate I hear ya on the mindset!! BUT…. Going to bed early is an awesome way to kick that!! Read an article waaay back about the importance of sleep and losing weight! The two go hand in hand!!

Woohoo on the new assistant Meghan! And great job sticking to your calorie limit!! That’s a great accomplishment!!

My Tuesday fast was just ok. I was out so it was going pretty good until I got to the point of emotional hunger. That time of day when you just say ‘who cares I’ll do it tomorrow’. I logged almost everything so that’s a really good step for me. I also weighed myself! Omg!!! I’m at 173lbs!!!! I’m 5’6”…. that’s about my weight when I first joined here! I wish I knew the importance of maintaining weight instead of beating myself up over not losing!!! I got down to 158lbs then started going up instead of realizing 158 was a whole lot better than 173!!! Math people!!!

Yup, another rant!

I’ve had lots of fresh ginger in some hot water this morning, now I’m going to have some tea and look back on my menus from 2015!!!!

Have a great day every one! It is one day at a time but we also have to enjoy life too…
    B)
  • mamainthekitchen
    Options
    Ughhh…. Indulging….., >:)
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning and happy almost Friday!!

Got my jeans on today. I kind of like having Thursday as a casual Friday! I get to sleep in 90 minutes more tomorrow, just by working from home! I set the alarm for 8:15am, shower, and then I am in front of the computer for 9:00am.

Things are good here. Going with the flow. Wednesday was good. Same thing happened, stuck to my calorie limits. Two days in a row I skipped my oatmeal and yesterday I had a protein bar in the AM that was pretty good. Today I had oatmeal since I wanted to not be so hungry at noon when we have (another) work luncheon. This time I was the one who ordered. Italian food with a Greek salad and nothing too over the top heavy calorie. Portion control and NO, I DON'T NEED TO EAT THE DESSERT. Right?!

Thanks for your nice post, @mamainthekitchen I appreciate what you said and I agree. This is a diet forum and I always think it is best to say what is on your mind and be truthful and honest about what is going on.

Just thinking back to during full lock down, two years ago, when we stuck to our Keto Diet like nobody's business. Honestly, we just went to the grocery store and picked up what we needed to cook our meals. That was it. No take out, no fast food, no this, no that and not a lot of alcohol. Sigh... Now that life is back to normal again I crave a normal WOE. Blame it on the pandemic, but here we are.

Hope you are well, @KateNkognito and you are keeping those kiddos in line!

Totally random question!! Does anyone have a "hack" for getting socks to not slide down while you are wearing sneakers?! Maybe it is just the type of sock I buy, but holy h*ll I am going crazy!!! :'(

Have a good one and see you soon!
  • mamainthekitchen
    Options
    Thursday’s are early in this house… the son leaves by 7am and I feel guilty sleeping in bed when he is up getting ready to drive to school! So here I’ve been sitting for 2 hrs doing nothing but play games on phone & read news! Ughhh I should be taking care of those dust bunnies!!

Nice to still have the opportunity to work from home and congrats again for sticking with your cal limits Meg!! Honestly that’s the biggest culprit isn’t it! Calories in vs calories out. Basic math!

I’m trying to hold off until noon until I have something. I’ve got a homemade soup I made 2 days ago… just need to calculate the numbers. Last night I went from one glass of wine to the treat cupboard in a matter of seconds! Lost all control. Today will be better!

Hope you’re keeping your sanity with those students Kate! I don’t know how you do it!!?!

Cheers! (With my tea in hand!!)
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Hello! I made it through state testing! And today I had a fast day whether I liked it or not. My stomach... I would have gone home but there was absolutely nobody to cover my classes. It was one of those days where tons of people just happened to be gone on the same day for lots of different reasons.

@Meghan509 Don't apologize! We all have those times. I am glad you are doing better the last few days. I hear you about post COVID life. I did SO well during the lockdown. Walked every day, faithful ADF... now, not so much. As for socks, I wear ankle height cotton ones. I am short, so my pants always cover up my ugly socks and they stay put. :D

@mamainthekitchen I have the same problem with the end of the day. I have my fast day meal. Then a little more. And a little more. Then I regret my life choices and eat everything. I hope you enjoyed your soup. I have been wanting to make a mushroom rice soup recipe I found, but I haven't had the time. By the way, I don't always make it out with my sanity intact. ;)

Today the weather was drunk. We had 2.5 inches of snow in the morning and it is almost 60°F this afternoon. I am going to bed and hopefully I will feel better in the morning, but I made sub plans, just in case. Happy Friday Eve! Stay healthy!