Downsizers Team Chat - MARCH 2022

Options

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,348 Member
    edited March 2022
    Options
    We just got back from our walk ...134 minutes and 5.64 miles ... I felt pain in my hip and my tailbone (I think) ... I see my Dr on Monday so I will ask him ...I love my early walks we left a little after 5am ... yesterday we walked later I was sweaty and sunburned

Definitely get it checked. I know with the nerve issues in my back I get a burning pain in my tailbone.

I will definitely get it checked out ... it wasn't burning ... it was extremely sore ..I am thinking it is my tailbone
  • Beautyofdreams
    Beautyofdreams Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I purchased a can of Behr Rainwater paint to freshen up my bedroom. Today spent the day moving clothes and small stuff out of the bedroom. Still have the large furniture pieces to go. Am hoping to get to a quilt show this weekend.
    It snowed here today and expecting more on Saturday. So much for the robins. Saturday will be the fourth snow. Expecting rain next Tuesday and Wednesday. Am beginning to wonder if will ever get back to walking outside! Not sure when will get back to the rec center but haven’t given up yet. Next month the rec center is only open limited days and hours. If I can’t get on the weights am considering joining a local gym.
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,503 Member
    Options
    We just got back from our walk ...134 minutes and 5.64 miles ... I felt pain in my hip and my tailbone (I think) ... I see my Dr on Monday so I will ask him ...I love my early walks we left a little after 5am ... yesterday we walked later I was sweaty and sunburned

Definitely get it checked. I know with the nerve issues in my back I get a burning pain in my tailbone.

I will definitely get it checked out ... it wasn't burning ... it was extremely sore ..I am thinking it is my tailbone

Maybe from when you fell and walking aggravated it.
  • aactuallyaash
    aactuallyaash Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    Thank you for the info <3
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options

Maybe from when you fell and walking aggravated it.

I fell on my chest not my back so I am not sure what it going on ...I stretch before we walk ... after we walk a bit then it goes away
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    Thank you for the info <3

You are very welcome :)
  • tahm42
    tahm42 Posts: 4,781 Member
    Options
    Wish me luck. I am going to try swim team in the morning. 6 am in a cold pool. It has been a few years since I have swam competitively. I hope it won't kill me.
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Good evening all.
    Check in for 3/31:
    Steps - 13561
    Calories - 1860 or close. Forgot the number. I hate memory lapses.
    Exercise - walked to the library to get tax forms. Found it was closed. Federal holiday. So I decided on a long walk. 93 minutes at 3 mph and checked 3 more stores for lamb. I am now thinking about doing what they did on M*A*S*H for Easter one year and make "lamb" out of spam. It'll be cheaper. Lol

@MeowScout congrats on getting to OA. I went 30 years ago while in the navy and have been starting to look at it again. Most of the meetings here are zoom so I don't want to do those so I am trying to get to an in person one. I was actually going to ask if anyone in the group attended meetings. Keep it up.
  • Morethanjustanumber
    Morethanjustanumber Posts: 656 Member
    Options

@Megan_smartiepants1970

Date 3/31
    Step count 3465
  • 2BThinAgain5
    2BThinAgain5 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday all!

2BThinAgain5
    PW:183
    CW:183.4

Scale is moving the wrong way, however, I've not been logging or exercising, or even checking in here at all. Fell off the wagon... No excuses...just facts! It's starting to get warmer here in Michigan so I'm hoping that motivates me to get my buns moving as I know I'll be able to get outside more.

@Megan_smartiepants1970 - I haven't been keeping track of steps either. Starting fresh and will report steps soon.
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,503 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I purchased a can of Behr Rainwater paint to freshen up my bedroom. Today spent the day moving clothes and small stuff out of the bedroom. Still have the large furniture pieces to go. Am hoping to get to a quilt show this weekend.
    It snowed here today and expecting more on Saturday. So much for the robins. Saturday will be the fourth snow. Expecting rain next Tuesday and Wednesday. Am beginning to wonder if will ever get back to walking outside! Not sure when will get back to the rec center but haven’t given up yet. Next month the rec center is only open limited days and hours. If I can’t get on the weights am considering joining a local gym.

That sounds wonderful to give your room a change. What colour did you pick? I hope the weather cooperates soon so you can get back to your walking.
    rwood566 wrote: »
    Good evening all.
    Check in for 3/31:
    Steps - 13561
    Calories - 1860 or close. Forgot the number. I hate memory lapses.
    Exercise - walked to the library to get tax forms. Found it was closed. Federal holiday. So I decided on a long walk. 93 minutes at 3 mph and checked 3 more stores for lamb. I am now thinking about doing what they did on M*A*S*H for Easter one year and make "lamb" out of spam. It'll be cheaper. Lol

@MeowScout congrats on getting to OA. I went 30 years ago while in the navy and have been starting to look at it again. Most of the meetings here are zoom so I don't want to do those so I am trying to get to an in person one. I was actually going to ask if anyone in the group attended meetings. Keep it up.

So you must have found OA helpful. I have been around 12 step programs a good part of my life. My Dad was sober 38 years yesterday. They have encouraged me to try OA over the years. I am pretty stubborn so I always resisted. Ever since one of our previous members talked about it I have thought about going to a meeting.
    Happy Friday all!

2BThinAgain5
    PW:183
    CW:183.4

Scale is moving the wrong way, however, I've not been logging or exercising, or even checking in here at all. Fell off the wagon... No excuses...just facts! It's starting to get warmer here in Michigan so I'm hoping that motivates me to get my buns moving as I know I'll be able to get outside more.

@Megan_smartiepants1970 - I haven't been keeping track of steps either. Starting fresh and will report steps soon.

I am glad to see you check in. Being outdoors makes getting motivated so much easier. The April challenge starts Sunday so it is a fresh start.
    tahm42 wrote: »
    Wish me luck. I am going to try swim team in the morning. 6 am in a cold pool. It has been a few years since I have swam competitively. I hope it won't kill me.

Good luck! Why is the pool cold? Now you have me thinking, I wonder if there are any competitive seniors swim teams in my area. That is one sport I would like. 🤔
  • tahm42
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 It's an out door pool. It is heated but it is not a warm pool. 62 deg this morning air temp and the pool was not creating steam so it was the same as the air. I was smart and took my 1mm wetsuit. I did 1000+ meters today in a elephant skin wetsuit that used to fit!!! I also did not die. I paced myself and was surprised I kept up. This made me happy. I then went and weight trained with my trainer. I was happy I did not die. We will see how bad the shoulders and arms feel later today. I am still feeling energized and awake. I thought I was going to be dragging.
  • peng123
    peng123 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday, Downsizers! Here's my check-in:

3/31:
    Calories: 1,180
    Exercise: None - rest day
    Steps: 7,381

I had a great workout this morning - taking rest days really helps! My Apple watch is not being very nice to me this month - it has given me a goal of burning 17,600 calories in April - I'm going to be working out A LOT!!

@Beautyofdreams That sounds like a big project - but I know you will love the results!

@tahm42 Good luck! How dis the swim go?

@rwood566 That is hilarious!

@2BThinAgain5 The great news is that the scale is not up very much - and getting outside to exercise is a great plan!

@lindamtuck2018 I'm so glad the visit at the occupational therapist was a positive one!

I hope you all have a wonderful day!!

Cara
  • melissadreed903
    melissadreed903 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Weigh in Day:

PW: 229
    CW: 228.8

I'm so stinking tired. Body aches from sitting in these gawd awful hard hospital chairs. We're supposed to leave for Washington on Monday and the doctor feels he'll get a thumbs up to be discharged later today. CT scan showed a small hernia that could be causing his pain. (He said it's normal to get hernia's with transplant patients). He just needs to "SLOW HIS ROLL" for a bit.

Other than that... it's all good!

So, with that being said... I'm coming to the April group!!!
  • tahm42
    Options
    @peng123 It went well! I was cold but that is me. I did at least have my 1mm wet suit. 1000+ meters this morning. Then weight training. I shall see if my arms are T-Rex arms by this afternoon. LOL
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Weigh in Day:

PW: 229
    CW: 228.8

I'm so stinking tired. Body aches from sitting in these gawd awful hard hospital chairs. We're supposed to leave for Washington on Monday and the doctor feels he'll get a thumbs up to be discharged later today. CT scan showed a small hernia that could be causing his pain. (He said it's normal to get hernia's with transplant patients). He just needs to "SLOW HIS ROLL" for a bit.

Other than that... it's all good!

So, with that being said... I'm coming to the April group!!!

Glad it is nothing serious .. I have had 3 hernia surgeries ... Glad you are continuing with us in April :)
  • tahm42
    Options
    Mile update for March!!!
    exercise.png
This discussion has been closed.