April 11

Options

Replies

• ideas2
    ideas2 Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    ✅ Exercise: 60+ minutes walking. Enjoyed going to a botanical garden to see their 60,000 tulips, although the season is a bit late this year so only about half of them were fully blooming.
    ✅ Calories
    ✅ Tracked

0 passdays used ( )

Thinking about how I define treats. I am pretty much avoiding sugar and processed foods, so the treats that I do have are things like kiwis, berries, or apples, and I generally have them at the end of a meal. Occasionally I will buy dark chocolate, but only that has more than 90% cocoa so it is not sweet enough to make me crave it and I can limit myself to a very small amount at a time. I rarely snack, although I may have some nuts if I am really hungry at a time I had not planned to eat.
  • enlightenme3
    enlightenme3 Posts: 2,498 Member
    Options
    ✅ Exercise - 1 hour Jazzercise
    ✅ Calories -
    ✅ Tracking -

Closed all my Apple watch rings today
    5 Pass days used

Documenting consistency (if there is a P=instead of number its a Pass Day)
    UAC: P-2-P-P-P-5-6-P-8-9-10-11

• loopydo2017
    loopydo2017 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Yes x3. I like sweets and fit them in when I can.
  • jamcnewman
    jamcnewman Posts: 4,058 Member
    Options
    Monday April 11
    Yes x 3 Woke to snow this morning 😢😢😭

Apple Watch prompted me to raise my “goals” again. Allowed the changes (with some trepidation 🥸). Closed all the rings today so that’s good.

9+ km; 13,000+ steps; 68 minutes exercise.

Treats. Hmmmm. 🧐 I have no “forbidden” or restricted foods (including wine🍷) and make “space” for whatever I’d like to have. I sometimes need to wait until the next day so I can make the plan in advance, but I do have it if it is something I’d like to have. Sometimes by the next day I no longer really want it (or my darling husband has already eaten it). And no, he will never live down the having eaten the last Halloween full size Twix bar despite the fact I had tracked it for the following day. 😑
  • calvin20874
    calvin20874 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    4/11

Exercise: 118 minutes
    Tracking: yes
    Calories: under
    Pass days used: 1
  • Lynn__W
    Lynn__W Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Exercise: yes, light yardwork
    On Plan: no, 2 points over
    Tracked: yes.
  • DebyS137
    DebyS137 Posts: 4,451 Member
    Options

~💐~ 4 /11 /2022~~ Waving Hi ~~ 🙋🏼 ~~ April BLESSings Everyone ~💖~

Exercise for at least 20 minutes .................................... ✅ ... 210+ min.
    Stay within my calorie budget for the day ...................... ✅ ... I am
    Keep track of everything I ate and drank ....................... ✅ .... I did

STEPS......... 27,440 +.......... 180= walking ......... 30 Yard cleaning...

Documenting My CONSISTANCY = For personal ACCOUNTABILITY & Celebration
    (if there is a P=instead of number its a Pass Day)

Pass Days = 1

1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-P-10-11

• BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,364 Member
    Options
    April 8-11 report: no details, just catching up on the monthly report .... may have mis-logged food a bit high on the 8th, but most likely still over, and was an ❌ for exercise anyway 9 - 11 was ❌❌❌ start to finish

Monthly report: ❌❌✅✅❌✅✅❌❌❌❌

I'm not doing so well / consistently either!
    Mrs_Hoffer wrote: »
    April 11:
    ❌✅❌

Monthly report: ❌❌❌❌✅❌✅✅❌❌❌12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Yikes! Lots of Pass Days this month! I'm not getting off to a very good start! ;)

And it is showing ... I actually flirted with the 24.98 BMI reading one day this month, but on the rise again.
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options
    sometimes when I can't seem to get going again I raise my calorie allowance. It seems strange but a binge will cost me 1000's of calories most likely and raising my cal allowance to avoid it by a couple hundred seems to satiate me better. Hang in there. Glad you are still here. :)
  • Maggie_MJ
    Maggie_MJ Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Pass
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,537 Member
    Options
    3 yeses for yesterday!
    2 pass days for the month
    I am still working on minimizing treats. Yesterday I had a 100 calorie Breyer’s ice cream and a mini pack of m&ms. No guilt-tracked it and stayed within macros
  • Caroline_slowandsteady
    Options
    3 yeses!
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,851 Member
    edited April 2022
    Options
    4/11
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? 👍🏻
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? 👍🏻
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? 👍🏻

(Documenting consistency (if there is a P=instead of number its a Pass Day)
    UAC: 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12-13-14-15-16-17-18-19-20-21-22-23-24-25-26-27-28

February goals
    1 Miracle Morning ~ S.A.V.E.R.S
    2 Wake up EARLY for meditation
    3 Yoga (5/6 times weekly)
    4. Minimum sweets (work them in my calorie goal)
    5. 30 day squat challenge 6. No late night snacking
    7. Daily journal logging
  • Marilynsretired
    Marilynsretired Posts: 5,373 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? yes

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? yes

Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? yes
  • donna25trinity
    donna25trinity Posts: 2,992 Member
    Options
    @donna25trinity - Now you're talking my language! I love treats. Your question though, made me think about how do I define a treat - are they sweet, salty, processed, high fat, high carb, "bad for you"? I realized that I think about treats as something that isn't part of my main meal and generally thought of as "bad food" in diet culture. For example, last night I had 3 squares of bittersweet chocolate and 4 very delicious and sweet strawberries for dessert, but in my head I only think of the chocolate part as the treat. I always eat some sort of treat after dinner and once in a while after lunch.

I make a lot of homemade snacky foods, like the equivalent of Whole Foods Raincoast Crisp crackers, Cheez-Its, or biscotti with my sourdough starter discard. These things last a long time without going stale since they are all double baked. If I have any of those, I tend to think of them as snacks and not treats. Weird, I know.

Snack or treat - it all gets tracked!

@enlightenme3 yes I totally know what u mean about snack vs treat business. I often wonder the same thing and get the 2 confused. Seems like u hve alot of discipline around your snacks and treats.
  • donna25trinity
    Options
    Yes x3
  • LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    Options
    pass day
  • donna25trinity
    Options
    ✅✅✅

3️⃣Pass Days left

Treats: I’ve always allowed myself small treats, but I tend to go for much healthier versions than I used to have, or measured amounts.
    Egs:
    🔹measured portions: 20g popcorn; 10g of nuts; 20g chocolate etc
    🔹fruit or veggie sticks
    🔹biscuits under 100 calories (I have a few favourites)

Occasionally I will have an indulgent dessert or ice cream. I have no forbidden foods, so seldom feel I’m depriving myself.

Mind you, I’m in maintenance, so it’s not so crucial any more to be really strict.

However, I do choose to eat healthy the majority of the time as I value maintaining the health and fitness of my body.

@TerriRichardson112 looks like u hve the whole treat thing working 4 u and eating in moderation too which is awesome. Xo