Spring into Fitness - April Accountability thread

Options
k8richly
k8richly Posts: 266 Member
edited April 2022 in Social Groups
Friends, spring is here! I saw plenty of us had awesome progress in March so let's keep it going!

48yrs 5'3"
GW eventually - a strong fast 125lbs

April 1 - 128lbs

I commit to choosing heavier weights, keep up with bootcamp (HIIT) and soccer, walk the dog every day and....I started a 30 Day pushup challenge today! (April has 30 days BTW). Someone here did it last year and I need to do it again. Anyone with me? Let's have buff arms for May!

Here's what I'm doing:
Start on Day 1 with 5 push-ups. Each day, you'll add about 2 reps to the previous day's total, and every seventh day, you'll rest. On the very last day of the challenge (Day 30), you'll finish with 60 push-ups.

https://www.livestrong.com/article/1012951-30day-pushup-challenge/

Replies

• SparkSpringtime69
    SparkSpringtime69 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Early 60s, 5'-8" (ish)

GW - 125lbs

April 1 - Didn't weigh today, but last weigh-in on Monday was 152.5.
    April GW - 146.5

I'm committed to getting exercise back into my daily routine. Since I moved in October I haven't been getting any planned cardio or strength workouts. Been getting plenty of exercise around the new house with the repair work, painting, heavy yard cleanup, etc., but that's winding down now so back to walking and ST.

Here's what I'm doing:
    ST challenges: Pull-up challenge in this group and Livestrong challenges for squats, push-ups and planks. I also want to work on sit-ups - anyone know of a good sit-up challenge?
    Thanks and have a healthy and happy April!!
  • svabney7623
    svabney7623 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm 59 and started this health journey on Noom in Sept. 2021 after a critical lipid profile. My starting weight was 175 lbs. and am now at 144. My first goal here is 140 lbs. and I have an ultimate goal of 130lbs. However, I started working out after years of nothing and enjoy it so much that my main focus is building a strong, lean, healthy body. So I'm tailoring my macros to reflect increased muscle. I switched to this app in order to log my macros accurately.

April will be about progressing in my body building by increasing the amount of weight I lift, training for a pull up following up a LPT's training schedule and losing 2-5 pounds. The weight loss is secondary to the exercise/weight lifting regimen.

I am also going to learn more about macro tracking and budgeting so I can fall within my grams of each while maintaining a calorie deficit by the end of April.
  • JBanx256
    JBanx256 Posts: 1,473 Member
    Options
    I started working out after years of nothing and enjoy it so much that my main focus is building a strong, lean, healthy body. So I'm tailoring my macros to reflect increased muscle. I switched to this app in order to log my macros accurately.

April will be about progressing in my body building by increasing the amount of weight I lift, training for a pull up following up a LPT's training schedule and losing 2-5 pounds. The weight loss is secondary to the exercise/weight lifting regimen.

AWESOME, congrats on falling in love with the iron! <3

• stacyrey12
    stacyrey12 Posts: 34 Member
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Starting weight 153
    Goal weight 146
    Ultimate goal 140-145, depending on muscle.

Might do the push up challenge. Will decide tomorrow.
  • wunderkindking
    wunderkindking Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    5'5"
    CW: 122
    GW: My pants continuing to fit.

I'm in maintenance and have been for a while now. I hover around 123, plus or minus a couple of pounds most of the time - with some fairly wide water weight swings around sporting events. This is just my 'home' and accountability group.

No major goals right now. Just continue to do what I do (resistance/weights, running, hiking) and enjoying it until it's warm enough to loop some water sports back into the mix. Probably get horseback riding back in there after I survive April.

Happy spring, y'all!

• k8richly
    Options
    48yrs 5'3"

April 1 - 128lbs
    April 5 - 127.8lbs

The Pushup Challenge really isn't much of a challenge yet as I'm only on Day 5 (13 pushups) so I'm doing a few more than 'permitted' each day. And when i drop to do the pushups, i am then motivated to add other shoulder & back moves, as it's all about body/muscle balance and then suddenly, without meaning to, I've done a quick strength workout.💪 So it isn't a challenge but it's All Good.

@stacyrey12 you said you aren't supposed to pick up more than 10 lbs post-op so what is this nonsense about doing pushups already!? Be Careful!! Maybe a plank challenge before pushups? I will do it with you!
    @svabney7623 welcome and congrats on your weight loss and great journey! You are in the right place - we ❤️ strength here.
    @SparkSpringtime69 love your plan! I'd think your core is already getting a workout between the planks and pullups, but adding situps won't hurt! I'd join you but I hurt my tailbone in the fall and still can't sit back on that sweet spot (really must see a doctor about it...)
  • stacyrey12
    edited April 2022
    Options
    @k8richer I can do modified push ups (on an angle, knees, etc.) Body weight exercises are okay, according to my physical therapist.

Also, I was able to do 3 sets of 12 push ups pre-surgery. I think I'll be okay!
  • stacyrey12
    Options
    @wunderkindking I love the pants fitting goal. It's one of the reasons I have my goal where I do. I just refuse to buy larger clothes, and don't mind if things get a little baggy!
  • Iitstuesday
    Iitstuesday Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    5’8 51 y/o
    SW 3/1/22 139.8
    GW 134

CW 136.6

Have finally broken through BUT it’s because I am sick (flu I think) and have not been eating much. Was stuck at 139.8 for the entire month of March.

Let’s see what happens when I start eating and moving again!

April goal: keep tracking consistently. Move more during the day. Work on sleep - sticking to a bed time and getting more sleep! So hard to do….
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,971 Member
    Options
    5'7", 43 years old
    Starting Weight 1/3/22: 155.8
    GW: ~128-132ish
    2/23/22: 150
    3/30/22: 147
    I started the new job this week after a weekend at the track, so my weight has been all over, even spiked one day, then today was down over 2 pounds from that - so there's going to be some adaption here. New job is a lot more active and I don't have a step tracker at this point, so definitely going to be some adjustments - step tracker may be a good place to start though, doesn't cover everything but helps give an idea.

April goals: adjust my schedule and workouts to the new job, get my "routine/schedule" down, and focus on learning the new job...keep up with my "Win the Day" critical task lists.

4/6/22: 149.4
  • JBanx256
    JBanx256 Posts: 1,473 Member
    Options
    I started the new job this week

I know it's still really early, but how are you liking the new job so far? Seem like a good fit?

• k8richly
    Options
    48yrs 5'3"

April 1 - 128lbs
    April 5 - 127.8lbs
    April 9 - 127.7lbs

Trucking along here. Staying busy and trying to eat right. Chocolate was tempting this week but was active with two soccer games, two HIIT bootcamps and powerwalks with a friend. Strength and stretch too. Pushup Challenge Day 9 is 19 pushups so still not too tough. Glad to have @stacyrey12 doing it with me 😀. Happy weekend all.
  • Lynnhoussen
    Lynnhoussen Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am 52
    March 19: SW 152.5
    April 9: CW 143.5 oh the flu helped me lose 9lbs in 3 weeks
    GW 128
    Once GW is achieved, toning and the hardest for me is maintaining
  • wunderkindking
    Options
    5'5"

4-4: 122
    4-11: 122

I think that's the first week ever I haven't seen some kind of flux between weigh ins. Weird.
  • HoneyBadger302
    Options
    JBanx256 wrote: »
    I started the new job this week

I know it's still really early, but how are you liking the new job so far? Seem like a good fit?

Yes! Seems good so far - will be a LOT more active than my last job, so double bonus there. I've got a lot to learn, but none of it is going "over my head" so I'm not too worried about gaining a grasp on things - it's all new, but I feel like I'm understanding it well as it comes in.

Felt like I needed to invest in a step tracker though - phone just doesn't cut it, and I don't want to spend weeks to months figuring out my needs through trial and error, so even though I really shouldn't have spent the money got a FitBit Inspire - I don't need fancy, just a good steps tracker, as there is just a lot more walking with this job even on "office" days, and on site days (probably 50-70% of the time) can be a LOT of walking and movement, lifting, carrying, climbing, etc.
  • f1tafter40
    f1tafter40 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    45y, 6’0”
    CW 142
    BMI 19.3
  • HoneyBadger302
    Options
    5'7", 43 years old
    Starting Weight 1/3/22: 155.8
    GW: ~128-132ish
    2/23/22: 150
    3/30/22: 147

April goals: adjust my schedule and workouts to the new job, get my "routine/schedule" down, and focus on learning the new job...keep up with my "Win the Day" critical task lists.
    ~~~~~
    4/6/22: 149.4
    4/13/22: 148.4

Got my FitBit earlier this week, so have a couple days of data so far, and glad I got it! Haven't even had it on an on-site day yet, but overall I'm getting a lot more steps in than I estimated - or even on "low" days, a short dog walk puts me well over 10K for the day. Granted, this is a lot more movement than my previous job in general, but interested to see what some of our site visits end up looking like!

Struggling to fit my workouts (lifting in particular) in though - so I think I'm just going to have to prioritize getting some time in here at work (they have a rather robust weights area, so the excuses are pretty small especially since at this point my workload is fairly light).
  • k8richly
    Options
    Honey Badger that job sounds like a workout dream - steps all day, plus a great weight room! I love my Garmin for counting steps. I don't use all the bells and whistles but it is eye opening to see how active or inactive I've been in a day! Very motivational. Keep it up and let us know if it's inspiring to move more!
  • k8richly
    Options
    48yrs 5'3"

April 1 - 128lbs
    April 5 - 127.8lbs
    April 9 - 127.7lbs
    April 16 - 127.6lbs

Baby steps on the weight feels right. Increasing strength training so felt strong but light on my feet this week, yay! Need to get myself some new soccer cleats though, as my feet/ankles/achilles are super sore after games. Hopefully it is an equipment issue and not just old age LOL.

Pushup Challenge Day 16 - doing 31 pushups today, right @stacyrey12 ?? 😀
  • wunderkindking
    Options
    5'5"

4-4: 122
    4-11: 122
    4-17: 123