βŒβœ…πŸ”˜πŸ”˜πŸ”˜πŸ”˜πŸ”˜

What I’ve been tracking:
    Net Calories: 1490
    - 4410 (DailyAvg: 2205)
    Net Carbs: 38
    - 414 (DailyAvg: 207)
    Easter Sunday plans derailed me a little bit ..but I’ve been working at it! I am always so thankful that my daughter and husband have a sweet tooth for candies I don’t really care for, like skittles and fruity sour combos. My sweet tooth only goes as far as certain chocolates or anything birthday-cake-flavored(but not birthday cake itselfπŸ™ƒ) Leave me alone with anything like that and I’d be telling a whole other story! I did manage to get some water volley ball in, but since I’m really struggling to lose my last 20lbs, I’ve decided I need to up my game a bit. So from now on I’m only accounting for β€œintentional” exercises. Hope everyone had a nice Easter!
  • Krysless2
    Krysless2 Posts: 1,918 Member
    edited April 2022
    Options
    y1itoj6c9a0r.jpg
    f2eifme9lpih.png
    Click here >> Week1
    >> Week2 have also been posted.

Congrats to our top 3:
    1st - @susanshaughnessy80. - 1.54%
    2nd - @Melissan84. - 0.95%
    3rd - @Mrscanmore. - 0.18%

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886ev57wb61ohyf5546pfh62lgefyq6qelbj1vaofqu&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

Team line-up
    1st - The Slimsons

All the teams didn’t lose as a whole so that’s why all the teams didn’t β€œplace”
  • Mrscanmore
    Mrscanmore Posts: 859 Member
    Options
    Monday weigh in

So obviously still moving in the wrong way, but today I feel a little more on track. I've been very unmotivated, but today I actually got on my bike and did a 20 min ride.
  • melissan84
    melissan84 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Sorry haven’t been around much this month. I haven’t logged my foods in a couple days. But I’m sure I have stayed under. I did have a Dunkin donut boston creme donut on Easter Sunday while working. Rough few days at work. Oh well keep chugging along. Not sure about this week so far. πŸ˜† I haven’t gained weight but I haven’t lost any either
  • mooreshelly09
    mooreshelly09 Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    Hey gang! It’s been a hot minute 😝 Is there anyway I can rejoin the group for May?!? Sure been missing my TBBT group!
  • brandi_84
    brandi_84 Posts: 1,963 Member
    Options
    Hey gang! It’s been a hot minute 😝 Is there anyway I can rejoin the group for May?!? Sure been missing my TBBT group!

@mooreshelly09 you have been missed, as well!! You just need to register in the May registration thread when it goes up the last week of the month. Be sure to mention you want to to be back on TBBT.

• mooreshelly09
    Options

@mooreshelly09 you have been missed, as well!! You just need to register in the May registration thread when it goes up the last week of the month. Be sure to mention you want to to be back on TBBT.

Will do! Thank you! I have definitely slacked off and the 20lbs I gained back is evidence 😣 excited to get back to work with my team 😁
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,505 Member
    Options
    Tuesday 19 April
    Track: yes
    Under: yes
    Exercise: yes
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options

@mooreshelly09 Hey girl, good to hear from you! Look forward to having you back on the team! πŸ™‹β€β™€οΈ
  • mooreshelly09
    Options

@mooreshelly09 Hey girl, good to hear from you! Look forward to having you back on the team! πŸ™‹β€β™€οΈ

Thank you! Excited to be back!
  • Krysless2
    Options
    Tuesday(Wk3; Day 3)
    • Tracked / Under / Exercise?
      Yes / Yes / Yes
    - As of Day 3; MUAC:
    βŒβœ…βœ…πŸ”˜πŸ”˜πŸ”˜πŸ”˜

What I’ve been tracking
    Net Calories: 1438
    - 5848 (DailyAvg: 1949)
    Net Carbs: 49
    - 463 (DailyAvg: 154)

• sandkp
    sandkp Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    WEIGH IN
    Username: sandkp
    April Week #3
    startingW: 225.4
    HighestW: 226.0
    PW: 195.6
    CW: 195.2
  • Krysless2
    edited April 2022
    Options
    When’s the last time you assessed your calorie in/out compared to your current MFP Caloric Goal??
    • We should do this every month as our weight fluctuates
    • We are eating way more on certain days so you should plan for this by lowering your daily goals the rest of the week
    • It would help to keep up with a Daily Average so you can see how each day affects the next!
    [EDITED to switch out websites(I found a better calculating website)[/End EDIT]
    I found this Calorie Calculator:
    https://www.calculator.net/calorie-calculator.html

Give it a try and include your calculation in one of your posts this week!!
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    sandkp wrote: Β»
    WEIGH IN
    Username: sandkp
    April Week #3
    startingW: 225.4
    HighestW: 226.0
    PW: 195.6
    CW: 195.2

@sandkp Not bad for the kind of week(s) you've been having!
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    Wednesday 20 April
  • Krysless2
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Wednesday(Wk3; Day 4)
    • Tracked / Under / Exercise?
      Yes / No / Yes
    As of Day 4; MUAC:
    βŒβœ…βœ…βŒπŸ”˜πŸ”˜πŸ”˜
    Net Calories: 2508
    βŒβœ…βœ…βŒπŸ”˜πŸ”˜πŸ”˜
    - 8084 (DailyAvg: 2021)
    Net Carbs: 184
    βŒβœ…βœ…βŒπŸ”˜πŸ”˜πŸ”˜
    - 611 (DailyAvg: 153)

Calculator Assignment:
    Give it a try and include your calculation in one of your posts this week!!
    For my daily caloric goal:
    1900/per Day and 13300/per Week

I used the activity rate of somewhere in between β€œ3-5” & β€œ5-7” days. Even though my job would make me a β€œsedentary person” I try to be active every day of the week. I definitely want to lose more than 1lb a week but I know now that on a β€œbad food” week I still want to lose 1lb, so I will try to stay under this limit during these more difficult weeks (I’m already in the thick of another β€œbad food” week because my husband turned 50 yesterday and we’re going to my favorite Mexican restaurant on Saturday to celebrate.
    According to my new threshold of 13300 a week
    I have
    5191 calories left
    to get me through the rest of the week(Thur-Sat)

And I am POSITIVE I will throw caution to the wind and just EAT and EAT and EAT on Saturday.

End verdict: Need to kick it WAY UP a notch in cardio this week! Starting now (starting Treadmill)

**Side Note: I think I need someone to physically come over and remove the Confetti Cupcake Poptarts out of my hands at around 11oclock-ish at night!!**
  • DaffyGirl88
    edited April 2022
    Options
    @Krysless2 Thank you for sharing the link, I've been playing around with it a bit. I'm not sure if this is a good week to test it since Sat & Sun I didn't exercise and ate crap food due to travelling to VA and back. πŸ™Maybe next week.

So according to the calculator, for my stats (61 yo F, 5'7", 143 lbs (today)) I get the following numbers to lose 1 lb per week:

No activity: 1066
    1-3 days: 1295
    3-5 days: 1523
    5-7 days: 1752
    very active: 1950

I'm honestly a little skeptical of those numbers, πŸ€” I'll tell you why. My first issue is that they don't define "active". Is it 20 minutes a day? 30 minutes? 10,000 steps? Who knows? πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ Most people would put me in the Very Active category, even though I have a desk job like you. With very few exceptions I spin for 30 minutes every day (formerly at my gym now on my Peloton), I use free weights 2-3 times per week and typically get 9,000-12,000 steps per day (I get zero steps while spinning BTW).

My daily calories average around 1400 (again disregarding this past weekend). Sometimes I go as low as 1200 and sometimes up to 1600, but usually hover in the 1300-1400 range. It helps tremendously that I eat the same thing every day for breakfast, snacks, and lunch. 😁

I'm the first to admit that my measuring isn't precise. I use an old school WW scale and measuring cups rather than a calibrated metric scale that measures to the XXXth gram, so I know I'm actually eating more than what I'm logging, but if I ate 1752 calories every day I would definitely be gaining every week. 😯

This is why I fall on the "don't eat back your exercise calories" side of the debate. Well...I eat back some, let's be honest, NO ONE can live on 1200 calories unless they're in a coma. I typically eat back about half hoping the other half will cover my measuring errors. πŸ˜‡

I'm not travelling again until 5/20 so it'll be interesting to look closer at my diary these next few weeks and see what my daily rolling average really is. Maybe even be a little more careful with the measuring while I'm at it. I may even be able to reach my goal of 140! 😊
  • Tomsgal1985
    Tomsgal1985 Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    Wednesday, April 20
    Tracked: yes
    Under: no
    Exercise: 66 minutes of walking

Thursday, April 21
    Tracked: yes
    Under: no
    Exercise: no
    Comments: I had my second cataract surgery this morning! So thankful it’s over!
  • Krysless2
    edited April 2022
    Options
    @DaffyGirl88 okaaay Sue! I completely agreed with you and so I searched and found this one to be way better! There’s more info explaining each level of activity and the calorie count they gave me felt more.. appropriate.
    Let me know how this one compares😊!

• DaffyGirl88
    Options
    Thursday 21 April

Weigh in Week 3
    PW: 142.0
    CW: 141.5