Shape Shifters Team Chat - APRIL 2022

Replies

• jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,075 Member
    edited April 2022
    My neighbor and close friend made a plate for me today for Easter dinner. It was a simple meal, but never was anything more delicious, I have to admit. Baked turkey wing with homemade gravy and stuffing. Down to earth, country cooking is by far THE best, in my opinion...and her kindness was so appreciated.

It was a quiet day filled with memories of my Mother and Grandmother and many Easters gone by, spent in church, taking pictures, coloring and hiding eggs, time together with family and all the many stories of their childhoods. I miss that the most...Caught up with my older brother yesterday and was good to speak with him. His wife passed away nearly two years ago and it's been hard on him. Overnight, I received word that her sister too passed away. She'd been sick for some time, but once again, that loss, I'm sure brought it right back to my brother and made his wife's passing as if it were yesterday. Loss is SO hard...and grief is unpredictable torment. I pray that those who've gone on, all joined hands today over THEIR Easter celebrations, and remembered those still here.

Hope all of you spent time with family today and cherished those moments. They're so fleeting.

Take care,
    Jessica
  • wtbarunner
    wtbarunner Posts: 162 Member
    April 14 5238
    April 15 7465
    April 16 11732
    April 17 5245
    Shelley
  • KHill875
    KHill875 Posts: 156 Member
    I completely forgot about posting my weight last week. I was so focused on surviving a weekend at a lake cabin with a 5 year old and 2 year old. Thank goodness my husband somewhat remembered to update you on our plans. Sorry about that.
  • Yukie_OP
    Yukie_OP Posts: 266 Member
    Steps update (daily goal 6,800):
    4/16 - 7,223
    4/17 - 5,732
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 907 Member
    Good morning team,I hope everyone had a great Easter weekend ?
    @jessicakrall8 how sweet of your neighbours to make up a plated meal for you.So sorry for your brother's loss.Im sure that little upsurge in pounds will soon be walked off,so don't beat yourself up about it.
    @ LaurieWrobo I feel your pain 😪 It is so difficult when something you can't control has such a powerful action on your life.I hope that you find the strength to continue to support your husband & family.Also be kind to yourself I'm sure you are doing all you can.❤
    @CasandraW my next holiday will be to Greece.I'm also trying to re organise a girly trip away that we had to cancel due to covid that was for my 60th birthday,2 years ago.We did book for Barcelona but its hard to get 6 friends together at the same time !
    My steps,had a mega day of activity yesterday but unfortunately a mega day of eating & drinking !!
    Steps
    4/16 11,569
    4/17 11,338
    4/18 23,480
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,782 Member
    Hope everyone had a great Easter. I had 4 days off at my main jobbut asked to work every one of those days, I only worked 2 of them, and let me tell you, I feel so much better having those couple days to rest, and spend time with my kids. I did not track calories at all, and of course we had Easter treats, so I expect a bit of a weight gain this week, but as of today, I am cutting out sugar from my diet, counting calories, and getting my butt back in shape. Im going to try working out Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday until I can get in a regular routine again.
  • ewilhelm2487
    ewilhelm2487 Posts: 177 Member
    Ewilhelm2487
    PW:228.9
    CW:227.8

It's so hard to lose weight when I have to eat more calories to breast feed. Why can't weight loss be simple? 🤣
  • angmarie28
    4/14-6,828
    4/15-12,859
    4/16-5,823
    4/17-9,494
    4/18-6,970
  • justanotherloser007
    justanotherloser007 Posts: 578 Member
    It's so hard to lose weight when I have to eat more calories to breast feed. Why can't weight loss be simple? 🤣
    Not to mention the water fluctuations. I think maybe figure out maintenance at a lower weight, then add back the calories for breast feeding. That way you aren't cutting too low, and you aren't aiming too high. Math! It is wacky for this jam!!

• angmarie28
    JessicaKrall8
    Mon Weigh in
    PW: 291.8
    CW: 294.7

Not sure what happened except that a few days my food choices weren't good...oh well...it happens and I won't beat myself up over something I can't pinpoint. Keep on keepin on!
    Jessica

possibly high sodium intake? Its normal to fluctuate 5lbs, especially after a high sodium day.
  • Fattleass
    Fattleass Posts: 223 Member
    steps

April 13 Wed 10,176
    April 14 Thu 7,946
    April 15 Fri 14,539
    April 16 Sat 5,249
    April 17 Sun 1,367 did not realize I was that inactive
    April 18 Mon 12,365
  • jessicakrall8
    Fattleass wrote: »
    April 3 Sun 11,804
    April 4 Mon 5,864
    April 5 Tues 6,219
    April 6 Wed 9,436
    April 7 Thu 7,447
    April 8 Fri 9,880
    April 9 Sat 6,525
    April 10 Sun 15,725
    April 12 Mon 2,751
    Forgot to put Fitbit back on after charging so missed 8 hour time frame which bites

@Fattleass You skipped the 11th and that threw me off by a day. I've got you caught up now, but tell me what you had on the 11th please. Thanks!
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    angmarie28 wrote: »
    JessicaKrall8
    Mon Weigh in
    PW: 291.8
    CW: 294.7

Not sure what happened except that a few days my food choices weren't good...oh well...it happens and I won't beat myself up over something I can't pinpoint. Keep on keepin on!
    Jessica

possibly high sodium intake? Its normal to fluctuate 5lbs, especially after a high sodium day.

@angmarie28 I hope you're right...but everything is so full of sodium...hopefully in a couple of weeks it will come back down. I'm just not going to sweat it. With everything going on right now, it's the least of my worries. Thanks though for your kindness. You're so sweet. Also, glad you had a few days to relax and spend time with your kids. Glad your Easter was lovely!
    Jessica
  • Yukie_OP
    Yukie_OP Posts: 266 Member
    Steps update (daily goal 6,800)
    4/18 - 6,651
    4/19 - 7,701
  • coblujay
    coblujay Posts: 688 Member
    @LaurieWrobo Sending thoughts and prayers your way, Laurie. I can't imagine how difficult that is.
  • coblujay
    coblujay Posts: 688 Member
    @coblujay
    Wednesday weigh-in
    PW: 189.2
    CW: 189

Happy to see a small loss after a weekend where I was definitely over my calories.
  • wtbarunner
    wtbarunner Posts: 162 Member
    Wtbarunner
    Wednesday
    PW 235
    CW 233.7

April 18 7333
    April 19 6155
    Shelley
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,261 Member
    Current Maintenance Weigh In