This April I Will....

Options

Replies

• lestrangenicole
    lestrangenicole Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Back online after inconsistently practicing new health habits. I love that so many of us on here are choosing to be accountable to ourselves by tracking what we eat. Despite life getting in the way (always) I can do that, and will do that this April :smiley:
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,998 Member
    Options
    April! 🌷🌻πŸ₯€
    1. Beginning today, April 4, while my morning tea or coffee is brewing, I will do 10 sets with dumbbells of an arm exercise.

When that feels easy, I’ll do 2 sets, etc.

April 4βœ… 5βœ… 6βœ… 7βœ… 8βœ… 9βœ… 10βœ… 11βœ… 12βœ… 13βœ… 14βœ… 15βœ… 16βœ… 17βœ… 18βœ…

2. I will also continue my designated serving sizes of a 34g serving of healthy peanut butter & 14g servings of raw nuts.”
    April 4βœ… 5βœ… 6βœ… 7βœ… 8βœ… 9βœ… 10βœ… 11βœ… 12βœ… 13βœ… 14βœ… 15βœ… 16βœ… 17βœ… 18βœ…

This is what I’m really doing this month.

3.I’m also setting boundaries on how busy/stressed I let myself get.
    7βœ… 8βœ… 9βœ… 10βœ… 11βœ… 12βœ… 13βœ… 14βœ… 15βœ… Am sleeping much better & longer since 4/8 16βœ… 17βœ… 18βœ…

4. Thorough flossing tmrestarted April 15βœ… 16βœ… 17βœ… 18βœ…

So I’ve got the servings sizes down but now too many of them. Will work on that

Exercise is not what it was but I can tell I’m
    Improving & will get fully back to it. Sometimes, I guess, we have to listen to our bodies.

I set goal of at least 5K steps a day. Once that’s set I figured I’d bump It up

But yesterday I walked 9K so today 4.8K

Overall though, I’m feeling stronger & much less fatigued.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,105 Member
    Options
    🐸πŸ₯🐰πŸ₯🐸πŸ₯🐰πŸ₯🐸
    🐸BUILDING HEALTHY HABITS🐸
    🐸πŸ₯🐰APRIL 2022🐰πŸ₯🐸
    🐸πŸ₯🐰πŸ₯🐸πŸ₯🐰πŸ₯🐸
    2022 WOTY: CONSOLIDATE
    πŸ”Ήconsolidate current habits
    πŸ”ΉExplore Identity-based Habit setting
    πŸ”ΉSolid Habits
    πŸ¦‰πŸ¦‰πŸ¦‰πŸ¦‰πŸ¦‰πŸ¦‰πŸ¦‰
    πŸ¦‰πŸ¦‰
    Investigating positive Identity-based habits.

Who am I?
    I am a person who values the health and fitness of my body, mind, and spirit.
    πŸ’‘I hadn’t been keeping an eye on my macros very well recently, and discovered that my CI Fat %age had crept up quite a bit. It hasn’t impinge on my body fat %age yet, but I was beginning to suffer from my old reflux problem, so I need to address this.
    (Subject to tweaking *)
    This April I will ….
    …. work on keeping my CI Fat %age within 2% of my goal.

🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷
    πŸŒ·πŸŒ·πŸŒ·πŸŒ·πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈπŸŒ·πŸŒ·
    πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈπŸŒ·πŸŒ·πŸŒ·
    * Pass Days
    (10% max to allow for celebrations/holidays)
    Tues 12: Lunch out with elder daughter and granddaughter, so fat %age a little over.
    Fri 15: Family picnic lunch and dinner. πŸ€”
    March Habit
    Allowing myself a few Pass days going forward. I will add this to my list of solid habits.
    I am a person who refrains from eating after 9pm 90% of the time to assist efficient overnight digestion of food

Waiting for my girls to pick me up for a birthday outing. It’s a lovely day for it.
    πŸ¦„ Terri

• jamcnewman
    jamcnewman Posts: 4,061 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday to you @TerriRichardson112 πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’
  • makattack220
    makattack220 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    quick check in!
    @TerriRichardson112 happy birthday!πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰

βœ”οΈŽ read/listen/take notes with intention on subjects towards desired identity (goal 5+ days/week)
    πŸ“š-πŸ“š-πŸ“š-πŸ“š-πŸ“šβ€“πŸ“š-πŸ“š-πŸ“š-πŸ“š-πŸ“š-✘-πŸ“š-πŸ“š-πŸ“š-πŸ“š-✘-✘-πŸ“š-πŸ“š-πŸ“š-21-22-23-24-25-26-27-28-29-30
    βœ”οΈŽ more whole foods/less processed food, this month: no flour (goal 5+ days/week)
    🫐-🫐-🫐-🫐-πŸ«β€“πŸ«-🫐-🫐-🫐-🫐-✘-🫐-🫐-🫐-✘-🫐-✘-🫐-✘-✘-21-22-23-24-25-26-27-28-29-30 (have had a few pass days as I'm trying new meals but still well within the 5 days/week goal)
    βœ”οΈŽ work on removing all items unrelated to home office use from office space for at least 1 hour
    12πŸ–‡ - 13πŸ–‡ - 14πŸ–‡ - 18πŸ–‡ - 19πŸ–‡ - 26 (really making great progress! woohoo!)

πŸ‰ Mak
  • donna25trinity
    donna25trinity Posts: 3,016 Member
    Options
    Report- Habits April 2022
    *I am a person who measures her food accurately, doesn't cheat and is honest with tracking what she puts in her mouth.
    * I am a person who can be comfortable eating at maintaince calories without feeling like I always need to be loosing weight.
    * I am a person who uses a tape measure to measure her results instead of being controlled by a number on the scale.
    * I am a woman who knows Weekend intentional exercise works wonders for my mood.
    * I am a person who goes for a walk in her lunch break.
    *I am a person who does not feel the need to over explain herself.
    *I am a person who feels best wen she has an attitude of gratitude.

Hi All, Have been able to stick to pretty much of all of the above except I don't always walk in lunch break, havent used a tape measure this month and still catching myself over explaining myself. Its def not as bad as it used to be though. Hope you guys are all well. xoxoxo
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    April! 🌷🌻πŸ₯€
    1. Beginning today, April 4, while my morning tea or coffee is brewing, I will do 10 sets with dumbbells of an arm exercise.

April 4βœ… 5βœ… 6βœ… 7βœ… 8βœ… 9βœ… 10βœ… 11βœ… 12βœ… 13βœ… 14βœ… 15βœ… 16βœ… 17βœ… 18βœ… 19βœ… 20βœ… 21βœ…

2. I will also continue my designated serving sizes of a 34g serving of healthy peanut butter & 14g servings of raw nuts.”
    April 4βœ… 5βœ… 6βœ… 7βœ… 8βœ… 9βœ… 10βœ… 11βœ… 12βœ… 13βœ… 14βœ… 15βœ… 16βœ… 17βœ… 18βœ… 19βœ… 20βœ… 21βœ…

7βœ… 8βœ… 9βœ… 10βœ… 11βœ… 12βœ… 13βœ… 14βœ… 15βœ… Am sleeping much better & longer since 4/8 16βœ… 17βœ… 18βœ… 19βœ… 20βœ… 21βœ…

4. Thorough flossing tmrestarted April 15βœ… 16βœ… 17βœ… 18βœ… 19βœ… 20βœ… 21βœ…

So I’ve got the servings sizes down but now too many of them. Will work on that

Improving & will get fully back to it. Sometimes, I guess, we have to listen to our bodies.

I set goal of at least 5K steps a day. Once that’s set I figured I’d bump It up

But yesterday I walked 9K so today 4.8K

Overall though, I’m feeling stronger & much less fatigued.[/quote]

April 20 10,538
    April 21 7.900
  • TerriRichardson112
    edited April 2022
    Options
    🐸πŸ₯🐰πŸ₯🐸πŸ₯🐰πŸ₯🐸
    🐸πŸ₯🐰APRIL 2022🐰πŸ₯🐸
    🐸πŸ₯🐰πŸ₯🐸πŸ₯🐰πŸ₯🐸
    πŸ”ΉSolid Habits

Who am I?
    πŸ’‘I hadn’t been keeping an eye on my macros very well recently, and discovered that my CI Fat %age had crept up quite a bit. It hasn’t impinge on my body fat %age yet, but I was beginning to suffer from my old reflux problem, so I need to address this.
    (Subject to tweaking *)
    This April I will ….

🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷
    πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈπŸŒ·πŸŒ·πŸŒ·πŸŒ·πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈπŸŒ·
    * Pass Days
    Tues 12: Lunch out with elder daughter and granddaughter, so fat %age a little over.
    Wed 20: πŸ₯³ birthday. Too difficult to track restaurant food accurately.
    March Habit
    Allowing myself a few Pass days going forward. I will add this to my list of solid habits.
    I am a person who refrains from eating after 9pm 90% of the time to assist efficient overnight digestion of food

πŸ¦„ Terri
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,212 Member
    edited April 2022
    Options
    *I am a person who measures her food accurately, doesn't cheat and is honest with tracking what she puts in her mouth.
    * I am a person who can be comfortable eating at maintaince calories without feeling like I always need to be loosing weight.
    * I am a person who uses a tape measure to measure her results instead of being controlled by a number on the scale.
    * I am a woman who knows Weekend intentional exercise works wonders for my mood.

Hi All, Have been able to stick to pretty much of all of the above except I don't always walk in lunch break, havent used a tape measure this month and still catching myself over explaining myself. Its def not as bad as it used to be though. Hope you guys are all well. xoxoxo

I really like your list, @donna25trinity! Very powerful to start a list of personal attributes with the phrase: β€œI am a person whoβ€¦β€œ

Mine might include:

I am a person who looks forward to the end of annual reporting season (in mid June) and having a more balanced life again! πŸ˜€
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,212 Member
    Options
    I hope you had a great birthday @TerriRichardson112!
  • makattack220
    makattack220 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Progress Report:

βœ”οΈŽ read/listen/take notes with intention on subjects towards desired identity 5+ days/week
    πŸ“š-πŸ“š-πŸ“š-πŸ“š-πŸ“šβ€“πŸ“š-πŸ“š-πŸ“š-πŸ“š-πŸ“š-✘-πŸ“š-πŸ“š-πŸ“š-πŸ“š-✘-✘-πŸ“š-πŸ“š-πŸ“š-πŸ“š-πŸ“š-πŸ“š-πŸ“š-πŸ“š-26-27-28-29-30
    βœ”οΈŽ more whole foods/less processed food, this month: no flour 5+ days/week
    🫐-🫐-🫐-🫐-πŸ«β€“πŸ«-🫐-🫐-🫐-🫐-✘-🫐-🫐-🫐-✘-🫐-✘-🫐-✘-✘-🫐-🫐-✘-🫐-✘-26-27-28-29-30
    βœ”οΈŽ work on removing all items unrelated to home office use from office space for at least 1 hour
    12πŸ–‡ - 13πŸ–‡ - 14πŸ–‡ - 18πŸ–‡ - 19πŸ–‡ - 24πŸ–‡ - 25πŸ–‡ - 26 (a HUGE difference! very exciting)

Seeing some really great progress on habits this month and also feeling a significant shift because of prioritizing time to the mindset work. I'm starting a 6 month coaching program this week so I'm not sure how active I'll be on MFP in coming months. I want to dedicate my efforts towards that program and go "all in" with that curriculum/platform. This group really helped me with habit-building. Just wanted to say THANK YOU to this great group of people. Keep up the great work everyone!

πŸ‰ Mak
  • donna25trinity
    donna25trinity Posts: 3,016 Member
    Options

I really like your list, @donna25trinity! Very powerful to start a list of personal attributes with the phrase: β€œI am a person whoβ€¦β€œ

Mine might include:

I am a person who looks forward to the end of annual reporting season (in mid June) and having a more balanced life again! πŸ˜€

Thanks. Changing habits results in changing our lives. It's the best xo
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    April! 🌷🌻πŸ₯€

April 4βœ… 5βœ… 6βœ… 7βœ… 8βœ… 9βœ… 10βœ… 11βœ… 12βœ… 13βœ… 14βœ… 15βœ… 16βœ… 17βœ… 18βœ… 19βœ… 20βœ… 21βœ… 22βœ… 23βœ… 24βœ…

This was a new habit & has worked great. Now my husband has weights at his computer & does arm exercises during meetings (video is off for most of their meetings)

April 4βœ… 5βœ… 6βœ… 7βœ… 8βœ… 9βœ… 10βœ… 11βœ… 12βœ… 13βœ… 14βœ… 15βœ… 16βœ… 17βœ… 18βœ… 19βœ… 20βœ… 21βœ… 22βœ… 23βœ… 24βœ…

This one has been going well, too!

7βœ… 8βœ… 9βœ… 10βœ… 11βœ… 12βœ… 13βœ… 14βœ… 15βœ… Am sleeping much better & longer since 4/8 16βœ… 17βœ… 18βœ… 19βœ… 20βœ… 21βœ… 22βœ… 23βœ… 24

I definitely turn this around when I feel stressed now

4. Thorough flossing tmrestarted April 15βœ… 16βœ… 17βœ… 18βœ… 19βœ… 20βœ… 21βœ… 22βœ… 23βœ… 24βœ…

But I can tell I need a solid nighttime trigger…

So I’ve got the servings sizes down but now too many of them. Will work on that. Still true…

4/25 exercise much much better. Can walk 10K again.

I set goal of at least 5K steps a day. Once that’s set I figured I’d bump It up Then I bumped it to 7, and then 8.

Listening to my body but also have a clear goal to get back to 10K+

Overall though, I’m feeling stronger & much less fatigued. Yay! And healthier!

April 20 10,538
    April 21 7.900
    4/22 6.2K
    4/23 8.9K
    4/24 10K
  • jamcnewman
    Options
    @MadisonMolly2017 You are doing great Maddie β€” your commitment and tenacity are a testament to #healthfirst. 🌟
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,816 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I’m doing okay, but I’m losing some of my habit energy. My fasting goal is doing well, but my carbs are floating up. I’ve been very active, and when I am, I tend to eat more carbs.

I’m a dancer/ caller - I’ve been working on my calling skills most days
    I’m an intermittent faster - every day but one this week
    I’m a person who eats low carb - I haven’t stayed under my daily goal but for a couple of days.
  • jamcnewman
    Options
    April Update
    Doing well on my three blended identity and environment habits - update below.

I am a person who exercises in the morning
    - and morning yoga, stretching, or meditation help to prepare my body well for the day ahead.
    Successful at this four days a week now, and am changing my target to five days a week

I am well hydrated
    - and anticipate my needs and success by placing fresh water bottles around my home daily.
    This has been quickly established and is now quite solid.

I manage my snack intake within my daily calorie allocation
    - and keep such items out of sight because that is helpful to my success.
    This is going really well and the groceries which fall into the sweet/salty/crackers categories go right into their bins in the cubbies at the back garden entrance. My husband knows where to find what he wants when he wishes. I have been better able to manage my β€œsnackcidents” now that they don’t taunt me every time I open the pantry cupboards.

Every day I attend to my seedlings (first time starting much of my garden indoors from seed). They are coming up so well!
    uwi2h91muqv8.jpeg
  • TerriRichardson112
    Options
    🐸πŸ₯🐰πŸ₯🐸πŸ₯🐰πŸ₯🐸
    🐸πŸ₯🐰APRIL 2022🐰πŸ₯🐸
    🐸πŸ₯🐰πŸ₯🐸πŸ₯🐰πŸ₯🐸
    πŸ”ΉSolid Habits
    πŸ¦‰πŸ¦‰πŸ¦‰πŸ¦‰πŸ¦‰

Who am I?
    (Subject to tweaking *)
    This April I will ….

🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷
    πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈπŸŒ·πŸŒ·πŸŒ·πŸŒ·πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈπŸŒ·
    πŸŒ·πŸŒ·πŸŒ·πŸŒ·πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈ
    * Pass Days
    Wed 20: πŸ₯³ birthday. Too difficult to track restaurant food accurately.
    Tues 26: DH asked for macaroni cheese. Enough said! πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈ On the positive side, my %age for the month is way down on last month. I will need to keep this on on the radar next month.
    March Habit

πŸ¦„ Terri

• snowshoe072
    snowshoe072 Posts: 4,557 Member
    Options
    My habit work is coming along nicely but room for a little improvement they say it takes 100 days to form a good habit. I have recently begun out door walking again as the weather is more cooperative… most days but it did snow again! I have also solidified my meditation and have now introduced some beginner tai chi I am really enjoying this so until next month stay the course and stay consistent
  • TerriRichardson112
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Just testing if I can post a photo again. Not holding my breath, though 😝

Later: No! MFP threw a wobbly. Had to log back in again.

I wish they would sort out all these glitches.
  • jamcnewman
    Options
    Just testing if I can post a photo again. Not holding my breath, though 😝

Later: No! MFP threw a wobbly. Had to log back in again.

I wish they would sort out all these glitches.

Oh me too Terri! @TerriRichardson112 πŸ™„