• minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,158 Member
    minstrelofsarcasm
    April Week Three

Weigh In Day:Tuesdays
    PW (Previous Weight): 173.8 (April 5th)
    CW (Current Weight): 178.2 (April 19th)
    LTD (Loss to Date): 55.8 lbs

This is most definitely post-vacation bloat, maybe even paired with water retention for muscle repair. There is no way I consumed... over 15,000 extra calories in the past two weeks. Absolutely not. I'm in the process of resetting my system from all the salt and sugar and stress from the past week, and I am positive that my efforts will be reflected in next week's weight. This is nothing to be concerned about, just a fun (?) spike while my body processes everything I've been putting it through.

That being said, I really haven't paid as much attention to my eating habits as I should, so this could also be a great wake-up call to get my butt back in gear. Weird to think that, three years ago, I was 20 lbs lighter. Back then, I didn't keep track of as many numbers, so I'm curious if I was as strong, or if I was on the road to becoming skinny-fat. It's a shame I can't go back and find out.
  • 9Harvey
    9Harvey Posts: 104 Member
    edited April 2022
    April Week 3
    Weigh In Day: Monday
    PW (Previous Weight): 235.2 (April 4th)
    CW (Current Weight): 237.2 (April 18th)
    LTD (Loss to Date): +2.0 lbs

@minstrelofsarcasm - I probably should of mentioned I was moving the last 2 weeks. But I am now officially settled into my new city. I expect to do better this week as I now have a kitchen set up and a gym. It probably wasn't the best time to sign up when I knew I was moving but I didn't want to wait until May and I'm pretty sure it also kept me from going off the rails entirely.
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    9Harvey wrote: »
    @minstrelofsarcasm - I probably should of mentioned I was moving the last 2 weeks.

That makes a lot of sense! I'll excuse you for last week, don't you worry.

And honestly, having some sense of accountability during a time of chaos can be helpful. This group has most definitely kept me on track, even during periods of transition. Glad we could be of use!
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    ~ Step Challenge ~

Team Statistics -
    Steppers: 3
    Steps: 232,258
    Average Steps per Stepper: 77,419

Leaderboard -
    @MotylekOkruchy - 86,936 total | 12,419 average - Most Steps in One Day!
    @ljdanny - 80,932 total | 11,562 average
    @browan19 - 64,390 total | 9,199 average - Most Consistent!

Small group last week, but some truly impressive step counts! Way to go, everybody!

insta-15.png
  • bumpbreakcar
    bumpbreakcar Posts: 191 Member

April week 3
    Bumpbreakcar
    Weigh In Day: Thursday
    PW (Previous Weight): 144.6 (April 14)
    CW (Current Weight): 144.2 (April 21)

I’m happy it’s going in the right direction. Because I don’t think my food choices were it’s best this past weekend. But I’m changing that starting today!

I’m going to an amusement park this weekend. So I’ll be active but I’m sure they don’t have the best food choices. We shall see!
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    Pacsnc6
    Thursday weigh in
    Pw 155.2
    Cw 154.7

• ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,053 Member
    Ljdanny
    Thursday
    Pw 189.6
    Cw 190
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,053 Member
    My weight is just flopping back and forth. Went to the weight dr yesterday and they gave me another new medication to try. I'll start that Monday. I am going away for a work retreat this weekend so just incase something happens with it I rather be home. I am an assistant director in childcare and this new company that took over ours takes us away for the weekend and we get all our training done and get to have some fun. My dr is going to have me checked for diabetes also. Hoping I can get some answers some place.
  • TwinMama91521
    TwinMama91521 Posts: 47 Member
    TwinMama91521
    Friday
    PW: 143.8
    CW: 142.2

I'm weighing in a day early since I'm getting married tomorrow. It's just a small celebration and courthouse wedding, but I'm super excited and honestly don't want to even think about my weight, calories, etc. tomorrow.

That said, I'm super excited for this weight drop. I feel like cutting back on my nightly wine has had a big effect, both with calories and extra bloat. I feel good about the progress I'm making and will continue making good choices (after tomorrow of course)
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    I'm weighing in a day early since I'm getting married tomorrow. It's just a small celebration and courthouse wedding, but I'm super excited and honestly don't want to even think about my weight, calories, etc. tomorrow.

Oh my goodness, congratulations! Regardless of ceremony size, it's still a big deal. Don't you worry about any of those numbers and just enjoy yourself, you deserve it! :smile:
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,290 Member
    OMG! CONGRATS!
    April Week 3
    Weigh In Day: Thursdays
    PW (Previous Weight): 184.0 (April 14th)
    CW (Current Weight): 180.6 (April 21st)

Loss to date: 90.5 lbs

Way to go!!
    pacsnc6 wrote: »
    Pacsnc6
    Thursday weigh in
    Pw 155.2
    Cw 154.7

How are you feeling? One week closer to the end of treatments
    ljdanny wrote: »
    My weight is just flopping back and forth. Went to the weight dr yesterday and they gave me another new medication to try. I'll start that Monday. I am going away for a work retreat this weekend so just incase something happens with it I rather be home. I am an assistant director in childcare and this new company that took over ours takes us away for the weekend and we get all our training done and get to have some fun. My dr is going to have me checked for diabetes also. Hoping I can get some answers some place.

You still aren't doing bad. Your weight might be flip flopping but it is generally in the same area. I ask my doctor to check on diabetes (there is some family history) and my test came back that my blood sugar is consistently lower than it should be...you just never know what they will find.
  • rachelrjh
    rachelrjh Posts: 258 Member
    Rachelrjh

Weight in day Friday

Pw:133
    Cw:133
  • rachelrjh
    rachelrjh Posts: 258 Member
    The soul knows when it’s time to start a new chapter in your life. Listen to it.

I lost 64 pounds since Jan. 2021. My souls says it’s time for me to focus on my Mental Health since my physical health and fitness level is good.
  • sherry9999
    sherry9999 Posts: 30 Member
    Sherry999
    weigh in day Friday
    I need to skip todays weigh in.
  • dbrinkmeyer
    dbrinkmeyer Posts: 94 Member
    dbrinkmeyer
    Fridays
    PW 186.2
    CW 186.2

I'm not pleased. This was a tough week because I had an employee fly in for training. At the end of it all what I took away at age 57 is that I have to stop having unrealistic expectations for what I can accomplish in a day. I stacked my day so full of work that there was no time for working out OR when there was time I was darn tired that all I wanted to do was sleep.

I don't think I've admitted this to myself for a long time. I look back over the last 15 years of running this company which is the timeframe that I have gained 50 lbs. Traveling and training take its toll on me because at the end of those periods, I STILL have work assignments to accomplish.

I've watched this same pattern in my kids. Two of them in particular burn the candle at both ends until they just fall down sick.

I'm just going to have to manage expectations better about when that other work can be done if I'm having to train customers and staff with my "work day."

Thanks for letting me ramble. I'm not sure if this resonates with anyone. Have a good weekend.
  • hititskip
    hititskip Posts: 42 Member
    April Week 3
    Username: hititskip
    Weigh In Day: Sunday
    PW (Previous Weight): 223.5
    CW (Current Weight): 227.1

Missed weighing in last week and I'm a little late this week. Life has been a little chaotic this month. I had a wedding in Vegas last week + another on tomorrow and a winery tour on Sunday. Also we went to Disneyland twice and have two trips planned for May (we caved and got passes). It's a nice way to get plenty of exercise walking around but the food is also very tempting so not sure how it will balance out yet.
  • MotylekOkruchy
    MotylekOkruchy Posts: 196 Member
    dbrinkmeyer

Thanks for letting me ramble. I'm not sure if this resonates with anyone.

It does.
    <3
  • MotylekOkruchy
    MotylekOkruchy Posts: 196 Member
    MotylekOkruchy
    Fridays:
    PW: 135.5
    CW: 135.7
This discussion has been closed.