Options

Replies

• angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    4/22-6,745
    4/23-5,441
    4/24-8,705

Lazy weekend, mainly because this sickness kicked my butt. No idea what it is, but I have never been sick this long. I'm so over it. I am feeling good enough now though, that I think I can get up in the morning and workout again tomorrow. Or at least try to
  • justanotherloser007
    justanotherloser007 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    @izzyred9400 I do review my goals, and I have found it helpful. It has helped me spend more time in reflection a.k.a. what works? what doesn't?

For me, when I don't want to be in deficit (usually 1-1.5 pounds a week) I go into maintenance. My "maintenance" has a math of it's own: the daily calories of my personal goal weight is 48 yo 5'3" 130 pounds = 1550 calories sedentary, AND I eat back all exercise calories. This works. I don't do a "cheat" day, but every week I am in deficit I do a "maintenance at goal weight + exercise calories" on Sunday. No matter what. This has really worked, so far I am not dealing with diet fatigue and all that. But if I did have diet fatigue, I have a plan. I have done months at that rate. It is absolutely wonderful, might be considered a "diet break/refeed" not sure.

I need a plan, because I am not in deficit all the time. My plan is for a lifetime of maintenance. I always have permission to go to maintenance at goal weight. I started this journey 147 pounds over my goal weight, and I knew it would take a really, really, really long time. So this is what I came up with, and it works for me. Reviewing your goals can help you be honest and realistic. There are times in the year that I am not interested in a deficit, and that is fine as long as I don't go into full gluttony and sloth (this is why I have a plan, I did have to be honest with myself).

Also, I don't have ANY guilt from doing maintenance at goal weight - and that is really important to me. I need to be positive, and this ultimate goal always fits into a positive category. It is a good habit, a skill I need, it is sustainable, I don't have to doubt if future me can keep the weight off etc. ad nauseum.

I have a reason for that goal: I want to learn now what it will take to eat forever at my maintenance weight. That way, when I get there, I can be a confident maintainer forever! I plan to get within 10 pounds of my goal weight, and just eat at goal weight maintenance and wait for math to do it's magic over time. No sweat, I learned that I can be pretty patient if I TRUST (the process, myself, holding myself accountable etc).

I had no idea I would actually get this far (115 pounds lost) and this is the first time I have lost weight. The reason I never lost weight previously? Forever I saw so many family and friends yo-yo weight. I just didn't want to do that (I am NOT interested in putting in 100% effort over and over and over), so my goal isn't like some people: "lose x weight in x amount of time ASAP". That is what I saw friends and family do that were going full yo-yo over the years. I learned a lot from them: Don't rush it. Be realistic of self. Know your math. This is my .000000000002 cents. So maybe I should have started with: for what it is worth...

• izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 913 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your contribution & sharing your ideas @justanotherloser007 @casandrawiley @PatriceFitnessPal & jessicakrall8 it's interesting to hear about other team members journeys.I wish I wasn't a yoyo dieter,yet here I am nearly a year from my goal weight I am heavier than I was.Yet I feel fitter,still fit into some of the same clothes I did when at goal.
    So maybe I do need to reset my goals & just keep doing my best to be healthy & active.
    Thanks it's given me food for thought,just hopefully not too much 🤣🤣
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,264 Member
    edited April 2022
    Options
    I'm not a yo-yo dieter - I was a WW member years ago and lost 68lbs
    I am no longer a member, but try to keep it in range; however, I'm also 54yo and in menopause taking HRT to help with my symptoms. In addition, I have been stress eating with what has been going on with my husband.
    I do Bodyfit by Amy - I'm in her private FB group and get advice from her, she's a certified trainer and there is a cerified dietician who is also in the group. I also belong to a local barre studio that I try to go to 3-4x a week and I belong to FitOn App to mix it up.
    It's been difficult since November to try to keep it in check, but I'm hoping as weather gets better in WI I can get walks in and be outside in the warmth. As an example, it's supposed to be a high of 39° in Wednesday and it's the end of April.
    I have my pancreatic cancer walk on Saturday and it's supposed to be cloudy, chance of rain with a high of 50° this weather totally sucks and I hate the cold
    So that's my story - just trying to keep it together being a caregiver for my husband and keep my health in check while trying not to gain weight b/c then I feel like crap. I work from home so I can wear whatever, but if I do go somewhere, I still want my regular clothes to fit plus once in a while I do have to go into my office
  • Jax_Grim
    Jax_Grim Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    @jessicakrall8 I'm really glad to be back. I assume we are still doing the step challenge, so I will be good for 14k steps if we are signing up now.
  • angmarie28
    Options
    4/25-9,194

No workout again, I tried but could not wake up, oh well, will try again tomorrow, lol
  • izzyred9400
    Options
    Welcome back @Jax_Grim
    I've had an OK day today.Went for a swim & only 3 of us in the pool.Then just me in the steam room,bliss.I was able to do a few exercises & stretches.
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,104 Member
    Options
    Strong storm coming through so I won’t be online tonight…will catch up the spreadsheets tomorrow night after work.
  • LaurieWrobo
    Options
    Current Maintenance Weigh In
  • LaurieWrobo
    Options
    Steps
    4/24 4,949
    4/25 5,525
    4/26 5,280
  • wtbarunner
    wtbarunner Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Wtbarunner
    Wednesday
    PW 233.7
    CW 233

April 24 7309
    April 25 7759
    April 26 9369
    Shelley
  • Yukie_OP
    Yukie_OP Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Steps Update (daily goal 6,800):
    Fri 4/22 - 6,372
    Sat 4/23 - 8,277
    Sun 4/24 - 5,100 *spent majority of day helping my 2nd grade daughter with a school research project
    Mon 4/25 - 7,062
    Tue 4/26 - 7,346
  • angmarie28
    Options
    Angmarie28
    Wednesdays
    Previous weight-164.6
    Current weight-162.2
  • angmarie28
    Options
    Fitbit isnt working, so I cant log my steps at the moment. I did workout this morning, I did leg day, and tonight Im going to yoga with a friend :)
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    You’ve dealt with some frustrating days @angmarie28 but you still managed a significant loss. Congratulations!

@LaurieWrobo - I hope the weather warms up a bit more for you. If you get a chance, please send your fundraising page for Saturday’s walk and I’ll make a pledge of support.

@izzyred9400 - I’d like to swim more. It’s a wonderful exercise at any age. I’ll really need to consider giving up soccer at age 55. The women have to be at least 30 years old - or turn 30 within the season - and the men have to be over 40. So, I have 15+ years on them, in some cases.

Swimming probably would be a better sport for me as I get older, especially since there is a pool so close to my house. I live across the street from the YMCA! It would complement my rowing to become a stronger swimmer. We stay with our boat if it flips, but a strong water kick makes it easier to get back in the scull.

I like the social aspect of playing with the team so I’ll stick with it for awhile but it’s worth considering a change. I hope all is well with everyone!
  • KittyInBoots17
    KittyInBoots17 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Sorry I've been missing again, I really am. That cough STILL persists. I think the weather is getting me down as well due to never ending winter it seems.

PW:234.0 from two weeks ago, please count it as last week's
    CW: 233.8

What a waste of a month weigh loss wise. I hope to get outside here soon. The forecast looks like Spring might finally be here. LOL.
  • Fattleass
    Fattleass Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Fattleass
    Wednesdays
    Previous weight-164.6
    Current weight-167.3
  • izzyred9400
    Options
    My steps
    4/23 19,037
    4/24 12,448
    4/25 12,271
    4/26 10,692
    I've walked 6 miles today so hopefully I walked off a cream tea I had with friends to celebrate a birthday.It was fun to get together & plan some days out together for the summer.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,055 Member
    Options
    Hi SS... You have a new member that requested your amazing team ...Please welcome @paulerdmann1 :)
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    Welcome, @paulerdmann1 — It’s always nice to have more people contributing to the energy of our group! We’ll introduce ourselves in more detail once the new Shape Shifters Chat opens for May 2022, but feel free to join in to support others or ask any questions you have. I joined the group about this time last year with about 10 pounds to lose, and reached my goal weight a few months later. There’s still a lot to learn about ‘maintenance’ so that it’s not just a phase. I’m working to strengthen positive habits while focusing on building muscle strength and flexibility.

Do you have a any specific goals you are hoping to accomplish with the support of the group?
This discussion has been closed.