Shape Shifters Team Chat - APRIL 2022

Options

Replies

• jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,087 Member
    Options
    Hi SS... You have a new member that requested your amazing team ...Please welcome @paulerdmann1 :)

gkv2u2dotl0a.jpg
    Welcome @paulerdmann1 to our team!! Take a few minutes and start on page one of this thread, paying special attention to the FAQ page as it will answer some of your questions, I'm sure. If you have any others, please ask in the chat and if I don't know the answer, someone else will chime in or I'll research and get back to you. We're glad you found us!

I'm your Captain, Jessica and I've been here for several years. I also take care of the Step Team challenge and you'll read more about that on page one as well of this thread. Let me know if you're interested and we'll get you signed up. Finally, I put together a Group Challenge that's for anyone in any of the five Fat2Fit teams, Shape Shifters included. It's always something different and I think they're fun. You can read about and find the link to the current one on pg 12 of this thread.

When you get a sec, take a few minutes and introduce yourself, telling us a little about what you hope to accomplish in May and beyond. Tell us how we can help to support you. I think you'll find this team to be greatly encouraging and they might even kick your booty on occasion if they think you need it! LOL

Again, welcome!!
    Jessica
  • coblujay
    coblujay Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    @coblujay
    PW: 189.0
    CW: 189.8

Phew! Life has been really busy and I need to keep my health one of the top priorities instead of having it get lost in the chaos. I leave on my trip May 6th and will be gone for two weeks without access to a scale. I'm just working to maintain, which is good enough for now. :)
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    coblujay wrote: »
    @coblujay
    PW: 189.0
    CW: 189.8

Phew! Life has been really busy and I need to keep my health one of the top priorities instead of having it get lost in the chaos. I leave on my trip May 6th and will be gone for two weeks without access to a scale. I'm just working to maintain, which is good enough for now. :)

@coblujay I will alert the MODS about your vacation and have you marked as EXC. Enjoy your trip!
    Jessica
  • coblujay
    coblujay Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Thanks Jessica. I'll weigh in next week and then be off. :)
  • paulerdmann1
    paulerdmann1 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Welcome, @paulerdmann1 — It’s always nice to have more people contributing to the energy of our group! We’ll introduce ourselves in more detail once the new Shape Shifters Chat opens for May 2022, but feel free to join in to support others or ask any questions you have. I joined the group about this time last year with about 10 pounds to lose, and reached my goal weight a few months later. There’s still a lot to learn about ‘maintenance’ so that it’s not just a phase. I’m working to strengthen positive habits while focusing on building muscle strength and flexibility.

Do you have a any specific goals you are hoping to accomplish with the support of the group?

Thank you for the kind welcome! My goals I am hoping to accomplish with the support of this group are to have accountability partners and to help others stay accountable. I want to lose weight at a good pace that is healthy and sustainable. Three years ago I lost 100 lbs but then I did not maintain that lifestyle and slowly gained 75 of that back. I have lost 8 lbs in the last 2 weeks by getting back on track. I want to contribute to the teams goal of winning the challenge.
  • paulerdmann1
    paulerdmann1 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Good morning my new teammates! I am so excited to be a part of this team and I plan to contribute in a big way towards a team victory.

I am 100 lbs away from my goal weight but I have lost 100 lbs before and I know exactly what to do with my body to achieve that goal. I'm incredibly excited to work with all of you and I sincerely appreciate the support that this group provides.

Thank you kindly,
    Paul
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,380 Member
    Options
    Hi SS's ...Another new member joining your awesome team ...Please welcome @Afura :)
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    Hi SS's ...Another new member joining your awesome team ...Please welcome @Afura :)

cl7fxivrk85b.png
    Welcome @afura to our team! I am Jessica, your Captain! I hope you will find this team to be as supportive as I have through my years here. We certainly aim to do so! When you get a second, take a minute and introduce yourself and tell us a little about your goals for May.

Take time to go back to pg 1 of this chat thread and read through the FAQ file and you'll likely find answers to most of your questions. Also on that page, you'll see information about our Step Team challenge and on pg 12 of this thread, there's a link to this week's group challenge. Every week, starting on Sunday, there's a new group challenge with a different goal/theme just as an extra motivation to stay on track. They're a lot of fun and the link it always posted in this chatroom (and each team's chatroom) on Saturday afternoons.

Again, welcome and we look forward to getting to know you as time moves forward. Here's to a happy and healthy May!
    Jessica
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the Shape Shifters group, @Afura!

@jessicakrall8 - I forgot to weigh in today but I’ll be sure to post an update tomorrow. Sorry!

We had a friend’s son staying at our house last night and I forgot to weigh myself this morning because we got up really early with him. He was in town for a golf tournament and had an early tee time to qualify as one of the main competitors for this weekend. The scale is in the bathroom near my son’s room, where he slept last night, so I was staying out of the way while he got ready for the day. It really demonstrates the power of habit. I weigh myself there each morning and one small disruption threw off my routine. It will be easy to get back on track tomorrow but it’s a good reminder to set up my environment for easy daily wins so I can improve the likelihood of long term success.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,089 Member
    Options
    The May habit tracker is up and ready for anyone who wants to put in their commitments for next month. Give it a try if you want one more way to stay on track :smiley:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10863131/fat2fit-habit-tracker-may-2022#latest

I can't believe it is already time for a new month in a couple of days!
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome. I'm in it to...err lose it! I hope everyone existing closes out April doing their best!
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,206 Member
    Options
    Daily Step goal: 6,000
    Sun 4/24: 6,118
    Mon 4/25: 12,876
    Tue 4/26: 11,381
    Wed 4/27: 13,306
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    Options
    Here’s my maintenance weigh in for this week:

Name: PatriceFitnessPal
    Weigh-in day: Thursday
    PW: 127.3
    CW: 128.0

SW: 168
    LTD: 40

I hope each of you has a week you can feel proud about and makes you smile! 😀
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    Options
    I’ve been exercising regularly so I’m not sure why my weight keeps creeping up. My maintenance target range is 120-130. Ideally, I’d like to stay as close to 125 as possible (at 5’3” tall). I’m going to pay closer attention to my snacking this week. Specifically, I’ll replace the candied orange peels I like with fresh fruit or have a small protein drink (e.g., 4 ounces instead of 8 or 12) instead of the mango slices I often eat after meals.

I’ll also try to drink more water in case I’m retaining some water from weightlifting. I think the nutrition side is more likely the culprit 🙄 and I might have to revisit my daily calorie settings if these strategies don’t work. I was doing well with my daily calorie target of 1,200 but I set the target to 1,360 - and allow myself to eat up to 1,500 - as part of maintenance. That setting should work based on my estimated activity level but I might have to get stricter about weighing my food with a scale, etc. Usually, I try to underestimate my calories burned from workouts and overestimate the calories I eat (because I know we are more likely to estimate in the opposite direction) but I guess that’s not working. Back to the ‘test kitchen’ and ‘workout lab’ to see what I can improve!
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    Options
    @jugar - Thank you for the habit tracker reminder. I appreciate all you do to keep the various F2F parts working in unison to support all the groups and members!

@Afura - It always feels a little strange to think about ‘losing’ as winning so your comment made me smile. Let’s all be the losers we strive to be! 😉

@frankwbrown - I’m always impressed by your steps and workout routine. It also makes me want to take a nap! 🙃

@jessicakrall - You’re an excellent captain and I enjoy your creative challenges. For sure, I improved my attention to self-care, giving, and spirituality/gratitude this week because of our daily commitments.

Thank you to all the Shape Shifters and MFP leaders for creating such a welcoming and supportive space for us to learn and improve!
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    Steps:
    4/27 7,332
    4/28 3,975
  • justanotherloser007
    justanotherloser007 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    April 29, 2022
    Justanotherloser007
    PW: 161.4
    CW: 158.4
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,206 Member
    Options
    frankwbrown
    Friday, April 29; week 4
    PW: 225.7
    CW: 226.9 ( gained 1.26 lbs; 0.56%)

• mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    Mulecanter
    Friday
    PW: 221
    CW: 221
  • ewilhelm2487
    ewilhelm2487 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Ewilhelm2487
    PW:227.8
    CW: 232.0.

I have been retaining some serious water weight. My hands look like little sausages🤣🤣
This discussion has been closed.