BBee5064
BBee5064 Posts: 1,020 Member
edited January 9 in Social Groups
Which one is better to lose weight?
Or do both?

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,012 Member
    IF will help with weight loss if it helps you control calories. If having (mostly) inviolable rules about when to eat causes you to have a deficit without counting**, then you wouldn't need to count. Some people do both.

Which works best is likely to be very individual.

** For example, some find they're less likely to overeat when they have fewer but bigger meals
  • UncleMac
    UncleMac Posts: 12,895 Member
    I've been reading up on IF, particularly in combination with keto diet... I've started minimizing sugars... not going full keto... and restricting my hours of eating (current 10/14 daily). I've lost a couple of pounds as well as body composition changes (more muscle, less fat) so it seems to be working.

I'm working toward doing 24 hr fasting once per week and keeping track of results methodically.
  • Dmunyan2693
    Dmunyan2693 Posts: 31 Member
    I like fasting, it's a challenge for me. As I type this I am 33 hours into my fast. I believe fasting is great for your health.
  • ecjim
    ecjim Posts: 1,001 Member
    You loose weight by eating fewer calories then you burn up - If fasting helps with that - go for it
  • MizLandryEats
    MizLandryEats Posts: 17 Member
    I've done IF. I've done calorie counting. Neither has worked. I started counting macros and following the Always Hungry? plan and it's working. And, many of the AH? people do IF and I may incorporate that at some point. I do find that cutting the carbs makes me less hungry so I'm naturally not eating after 8pm and in the mornings I don't aways eat breakfast until about 10. So, I say if you want to do AF, look into combining it with the AH? plan.
  • MizLandryEats
    MizLandryEats Posts: 17 Member
    for those who think keto is too extreme, the AH? plan in phase one allows fruit and beans. This was the selling point to get me to do low-carb.