May 6

Options
Mrs_Hoffer
Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• victorious55
    victorious55 Posts: 3,287 Member
    Options
    ideas2 wrote: »
    @victorious55 Exceptionally good opener today. Very inspiring.
    I want to be that 90 year old woman that people say “dang, can you believe she’s still doing that?”

I really identify with this also. My successful weightloss in the past has always centered around my desire to be healthy. Then for several years I went into ¨I don´t care¨ mode as I was struggling through life and telling myself I did not want to live to be old anyway. But thankfully it finally got clear enough to me that it was time to free myself from the heaviness of my career and in doing so easily regained my joy in life and the desire to be healthy now corresponds quite well with what you say above---- I want to be like one of those old ladies still doing Zumba and such thing in their 90s.

Same here :D .
    #ZumbaDancingOldWoman
  • victorious55
    Options
    atoina wrote: »
    @victorious55 That's very inspiring. When I started Noom, my YBP was to fit in my old jeans. So shallow, I know, but after starting taking care of myself, I found out there is much more than a stubborn button. I feel better now than 10 years ago.

"...I feel better now than 10 years ago..."
    Wow O! :)

#HealthierAtOlderAge
  • victorious55
    Options
    ✅ Exercise - 1 hour of Jazzercise and 4 mile hike with backpack
    ✅ Calories -
    ✅ Tracking -

Closed all my Apple watch rings today
    1 Pass days used

Documenting consistency (if there is a P=instead of number its a Pass Day)
    UAC: P-2-3-4-5-6

I'm posting a bit early today as I'm about to go off grid backpacking with my husband and daughter for one night. This is her Mother's day gift to me :-) I've pre-logged meals and snacks and even without accounting for any exercise calories I get from the hike I have about 350 calories to spare.

@victorious55 - you've posted a very deep question that makes me stop and think about what this all about for me. Most of my life, I focused too much on what I thought others were thinking of me. Was I thin enough, smart enough, funny enough, kind enough, pretty enough, a good student, good at my work? If people told me I was "enough" in any of those categories, it was nice to hear but I don't know if I really got satisfaction from it. I'm now older and hopefully a little wiser and maybe at a point in life where those things aren't my why anymore. For me, it isn't about a moment in time such as an event. I do still care about numbers (weight, BP, cholesterol, etc.) which are indicators of whether or not what I am doing is helping me be healthy and enjoy a good quality of life. I've been going to Jazzercise for about 15 years now, but there are ladies who have been going for 40 years and are still active and healthy. I want to be like them.

Wow O! This is really deep. People's opinions are "variables", and not "constants". Today, they are satisfy with you :), tomorrow they are not :(. They do not even understand "themselves".

"...I've been going to Jazzercise for about 15 years now, but there are ladies who have been going for 40 years and are still active and healthy. I want to be like them..."

#OlderandWiser
    #PeopleApprovalDon'tDetermineMySuccess
    #ActiveandHealthyforlife
  • victorious55
    Options
    6 May
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? yes

My huge why for a long long LONG time (almost 27 yrs) was to keep my weight as low as possible to prevent stress on Bandit's back. Sometimes my why was because I thought it would make me more attractive to boys. And then when I was dating I always ended up putting on weight due to pretending I did not need to watch calories and eating out. These are all most awesome why's. Now my largest why is that I am trying to preserve my joints for my running addiction - less weight is a lot less stress on hips and knees.

"..Sometimes my why was because I thought it would make me more attractive to boys. And then when I was dating I always ended up putting on weight due to pretending I did not need to watch calories and eating out..." This made my laugh :smile: Sometimes these boys are fatter than us and they do not deserve us and make us do things that are to our disadvantage.

I like this "..less weight is a lot less stress on hips and knees. .."

#IloveMyHips
    #IloveMyKnees
    #LessStressHealthyHips
    #LessStressHealthyKnees