PW 178.9
    CW 178.3
  • TwinMama91521
    TwinMama91521 Posts: 47 Member
    TwinMama91521
    Friday
    PW: 143.4
    CW: 140.4

Proud of this one! I worked hard! I'm so excited to get into the 130s. I'm closing in on the home stretch.
  • TwinMama91521
    TwinMama91521 Posts: 47 Member
    @minstrelofsarcasm

Can I change my weigh in day to Wednesdays? Thanks!
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,158 Member
    @minstrelofsarcasm

Can I change my weigh in day to Wednesdays? Thanks!

You got it!
  • JenSamuel94
    JenSamuel94 Posts: 39 Member
    I will be changing my weigh in days to saturdays since I’ll be working early fridays.
  • MotylekOkruchy
    MotylekOkruchy Posts: 196 Member
    MotylekOkruchy
    Friday
    PW: 135.6
    CW: 137.3

A perfect storm:
    eating out after my son's swim meet last Saturday (OVEREATING)
    birthday party on Sunday (OVEREATING)
    2 days of yardwork/gardening (water retention) and here we are . . .

Well, I started looking more into my carb intake - following Target 100 being mentioned in here - and decided to try to limit the carbs. As for now emphasis is on trying rather than limiting. I was able to reduce it though, like by half, but it is still way above 100 (grams/day).
  • rachelrjh
    rachelrjh Posts: 258 Member
    @rachelrjh
    Friday weigh in

PW: 139

CW: 140

Up ~10 pounds since March.
  • ChristineHMcL
    ChristineHMcL Posts: 71 Member
    ChristineHMcL

May Week One

Weigh In Day: Saturdays
    PW (Previous Weight): 66.9 kg (30 April)
    CW (Current Weight): 65.8 kg (7 May)
    LTD (Loss to Date since joining this Group): 1.1 kg

**for the nice spreadsheet people - would you mind please editing my starting weight to 66.9 kg? - I entered an incorrect number (66.5 kg) when signing up. Thanks & also thanks for dealing with kg - I've been in Australia so long now, I can't seem to think in lbs anymore!**

I had a pretty focused week, and despite a bit of slack in my tracking, I figured I must be in track to be losing. But then just had the worst day on Friday, juggling lack of sleep/family issues/work issues, and my good food choices just went out the window. So while I was very happy to still see a loss on the scales this morning, what helped even more was to read through the recent posts in this thread. These reminded me that:

-bad days happen to lots of people, not just me, and um, that's actually pretty normal
    -that doesn't mean you can't get back on track
    -stop beating myself up about stuff like that
    -be happy that I've made quite a few good choices this week - that probably puts me in a good place in case it all goes to crap one day...!

Thanks to everyone who posts and shares how they're going, it's helped me :smile:
  • biohazardinc
    biohazardinc Posts: 95 Member
    Sorry for not being around yesterday it was a very busy day! Today is going to be even busier!! I’m hoping to take the girls out on a ride after there nap. We tried out the baby bike seat yesterday and my little one loved it! Hoping for nicer weather. I’ll check in later today. Have a great Saturday everyone!
  • JenSamuel94
    JenSamuel94 Posts: 39 Member
    SW for this month 193.4. Probably from all the vacation foods from last week but I did aim for 6 cups of water a day and ate from home. I also worked out for 15 min x 2 days this week. exercise will slowly be upped, I’d like to focus on nutrition though.
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,290 Member
    edited May 2022
    MotylekOkruchy

...I started looking more into my carb intake - following Target 100 being mentioned in here - and decided to try to limit the carbs. As for now emphasis is on trying rather than limiting. I was able to reduce it though, like by half, but it is still way above 100 (grams/day).

I bet it is water!

Yes...I'll look at reducing some but, for me, I just don't think 100 g fits. I do not love protein. I could increase it a little but much more and I feel crummy. I suspect I could go as low as 150 and be okay but...

She recommends not counting veggies with less tha 6-7 g of carb per 1 cup serving...and adding a veg to every meal (I'm down with that...my husband, not so much). But I'm not really separating out veg carb from other, so...

All that said, I've been closer to 150-175 most of the week (except for the day I ate ALL the foods...which is what happens when I don't eat as many carbs as normal. But I did learn that days I ate an english muffin with almond butter and fruit spread, I was less ravenous at/before lunch. I am a breakfast must kinda girl. My normal go to is either a muffin/slice of toast with a fried egg and a slice of cheese or oatmeal.

Next week I'll play with adding protien powder to my oatmeal again. I get tired of sweet oatmeal and would like to find some savory overnight recipes but none that I've seen either appeal or are as quick (what is the point of overnight oats if you have to do cooking/sauteeing before you eat?!? The point is grab & go!).

What about all of you? Is breakfast a must, a maybe, or a no way? What are your favorites? Sweet? Savory?
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,009 Member
    The May Week 2 Group Challenge begins tomorrow, Sunday, May 7th. Join us to reflect, recommit and share your growth. Hope to see you there!

Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10863984/may-week-2-group-challenge-commitment-and-reflection/p1?new=1
    Jessica
  • sherry9999
    sherry9999 Posts: 30 Member
    edited May 2022
    Since the pandemic I managed to regain 20 pounds that I had previously lost. In 2017 I weighed 230 plus pounds. I have a son who was practicing keto life style who encouraged me to give it a try. I lost down to the 160's. I was pretty happy with that weight and did not really try to lose anymore. When the pandemic hit I made the difficult decision to give up my workout buddies and gym memberships. I am a nurse and felt that was the greatest risk I could afford my family. I quit using my fitness pal. I quit paying attention to what I was eating. I had a difficult time getting myself motivated to work out. On my birthday last year my sweet husband surprised me with a peloton bike. My love for exercise came back. I currently do challenges with peloton groups. I recently ventured back to working out in a gym also. I recently recommitted myself to a keto way of life as it truly works for me. I have read and reread all of Dr Jason Fung's books (he is a nephrologist in Canada). I am currently reading ketocure by Dr Adam Nally (he is a primary care MD). I know this is not for everyone but it has in the past worked for me. There is so much valuable information provided by these two doctors. Honestly I love Dr Nally's book as he provides a ton of science about disease process and inflammation processes. Since I have recommitted I am seeing small successes again and this makes me happy.

I like this group for the accountability of the weigh ins. I am blown away by this groups diversity from different parts of the world. This is so inspiring!!!
  • BodyTalking
    BodyTalking Posts: 1,888 Member
    What about all of you? Is breakfast a must, a maybe, or a no way? What are your favorites? Sweet? Savory?
    I often go without breakfast but it depends on the type of day I have ahead because my schedule varies. Although, a local supermarket has been stocking frozen croissants and I'm finding that the thought of a warm baked croissant gets me out of bed in the morning, so that's been my breakfast lately 🥐😋
    Other times, I have a banana and/or mandarin or a boiled egg or yoghurt with fruit or muesli.

• shnkrnrynn
    shnkrnrynn Posts: 85 Member
    ]

Breakfast is an absolute must for me off late. Once i started tracking what i eat and their calorific content, started to notice i was way below my required calorie intake. Monday - Friday almost all days under 1500 calories and Sat and Sun very high calorie consumption.

Had to fix that and the added running daily makes me super hungry in the morning. I am actually starting to love having breakfast too. Its 99% of the time cereal with milk and berries. No sugar on any of them. As weird as it sounds, I technically eat more now but losing weight while doing it
  • BodyTalking
    BodyTalking Posts: 1,888 Member
    edited May 2022
    @BodyTalking
    Weigh In Day: Sunday
    PW: 178 lb (80.7 kg)
    CW: 178 lb (80.9 kg)

Should I round up/down in pounds or include the ounces?
    PW: 177.9 lb
    CW: 178.3 lb
This discussion has been closed.