May 10

Mrs_Hoffer
Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• biketheworld
    biketheworld Posts: 2,237 Member
    @MadisonMolly2017 - what a superb question! This is EXACTLY what happens to me. One little extra something one day turns into a quart of ice cream 2 days later, and 3 weeks later I’m still struggling to get back into “coast” mode. I wish I had something powerful to say about this so am eager to hear other strategies.
  • snowshoe072
    snowshoe072 Posts: 4,517 Member
    @Caroline_slowandsteady hi my collagen is made by Orgain and it is a grass fed pasture raised peptide. It is gluten free non gmo, no dairy and no soy but paleo friendly. I began to use it for my OA in my knees and it’s been over 1 1/2 yrs since starting and I think it’s helped. I have not tried a plant based one but this one dissolved quickly in coffee and smoothies.
  • lesdarts180
    lesdarts180 Posts: 2,704 Member
    10/05/2022
    Exercise – yes
    Tracking – yes
    Calories – yes
    3 pass days

Woke up much too early with a sore throat and heavy head. It might be hayfever, or perhaps a cold. Today was the second day this happened. So, I was up early but not feeling very well. I did go out on my bike – twice – but not much other exercise. I should have gone to the gym – last chance before going away – but rested, reading.

I have been pottering around packing for our holiday!

I don’t think I have an Emergency Back up Plan, have to think about it.
    Posting a little early but dinner is logged and still have plenty of calories for a snack later.
  • atoina
    atoina Posts: 35 Member
    ❌ I can't do exercise today
    ✅ Calories tracked
    ❌ Over budget. Not much but I must be honest.

1 pass of my 3
  • jamcnewman
    jamcnewman Posts: 4,036 Member
    What a timely post Maddie - thank you 🌼 @MadisonMolly2017

My emergency “backup” plan is in place right now 🤩 I had committed to more herbal tea and prepped veggies in the evenings instead of my “go to” of freshly popped popcorn. Then intense tree pollen allergy season hit.

I think the combination of a few days of not being able to get outside at all, the side effects of the antihistamines and decongestants (so sleepy, but not able to sleep), and not getting my long outdoor walks are a part of this current situation. Regardless, I hit a “motivation” wall. I was turning into a couch potato. 🛋🥔😴💤💤💤 It was like I had become a bear preparing for hibernation and wanted to eat all the sweet and starchy foods. 🧸🍪🍰🍬🍭🍚🍞🥯🥖🥨🥐

So, the struggle is real, and I am getting a hold on it. Testing out what works for me, and the following are some strategies currently underway:

- Back to more whole grains and legumes to ensure I have that feeling of “full”.
    - Protein at every meal (keep the full feeling through healthy intake)
    - More fresh fruit prepped and ready to enjoy
    - Raw veggies prepped and ready for snacks
    - have now removed all the nuts, popcorn kernels, pretzels, and all chocolate from the pantry. All are currently stored on the basement food storage shelves. Out of sight and hopefully soon, out of mind.
    - a wide variety of sparkling waters are now stocked in the bar fridge.
    - herbal tea bag assortment is now in a large glass jar beside the kettle.

Eager to read the strategies used by others…
  • Winner_in_Life
    Winner_in_Life Posts: 955 Member
    3xyes. Day 23 of Epic II + 2.75km walk + 11 km freestyle
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,027 Member
    edited May 2022
    ✅✅✅ 3️⃣ pass days left

My back up plan originally was to allow myself to occasionally sit on a plateau, and to stop bring emotional about the number on the scale.

Tracking, healthy choices, and exercise are my daily givens. Going off piste is no biggie, so long as it’s not too often. It’s been a long learning curve, but I’m worth the effort, and so are you!

Now that I’m on maintenance, daily tracking, and weighing means I have a lot of data to support my choices.

It’s taken a lot of time and effort to be where I am today. My focus is on being fit and healthy, and creating/adapting positive habits. It’s all a matter of the choices I make. Sometimes I choose to take time out, but it’s a conscious choice and time limited, and I get right back at it fairly quickly.
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,778 Member
    10 May 22 Tuesday

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? yes - just a lazy 30 min walk today
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? yes
    Emergency backup plan
    . hmmm. Interesting idea @MadisonMolly2017

I am not sure actually there is such a thing. My 2 cents/stream of thought.

You have to power thru it and show up.

You have to learn not to "delay" the fix. It's really tempting to say, "Screw this month, I'll start again in June" or "I need a break" or "I will start Monday again" and then allow yourself to go completely off the rails to finish all the things possible before that false deadline. I have fallen into the same behavior so many times that when I see someone saying "I am just going to finish all the snacks lying around from x celebration and then I will start" I have to bite my tongue. All they are doing is a lot more damage. Better to actually THROW or GIVE all that stuff away. And if you throw it away mix it in with the vacuum dirt or the kitty litter trash too. Because I know you will be looking to reclaim it for just one more time a few hours later.
    By accepting we are not going to be perfect in this relapsing type "disease" it's easier to not set the bar so high we end up going under it instead of reaching it. I accept that sometimes I am not going to make good choices and move on as fast as I can.

Sometimes I see folks trying so so so hard to just reach a goal that seems so close that they end up sabotaging themselves and move further away. So perhaps if you are having trouble, it's time to allow yourself MORE cals and maybe more energy. Better to increase a little bit than to go off the rails and not even keep track because you just ate all the things.

I have no emergency plan. I take each situation as it comes. Life is too short to always be punishing ourselves and waiting for a better tomorrow.

• Caroline_slowandsteady
    Caroline_slowandsteady Posts: 842 Member
    Tues May 10
    Exercise: 20 minutes stretching, 40 minutes walk
    Tracking: Tracked everything, even though we changed the dinner plans 3x and I gave into a starbucks stop
    Calories: Made it fit!

No time to write on this topic, but I am excited to read everyone else's
  • eokoro
    eokoro Posts: 626 Member
    May 10th
    Exercise – yes
    Tracking – yes
    Calories – Yes
    1/3 pass days
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,958 Member
    @MadisonMolly2017 - what a superb question! This is EXACTLY what happens to me. One little extra something one day turns into a quart of ice cream 2 days later, and 3 weeks later I’m still struggling to get back into “coast” mode. I wish I had something powerful to say about this so am eager to hear other strategies.

@biketheworld
    I think we can all solve this together!

I think this will be my key to an EASY maintenance…which is my goal!
  • enlightenme3
    enlightenme3 Posts: 2,476 Member
    ✅ Exercise - 1 hour of Jazzercise and neighborhood walk
    ❌ Calories -
    ❌ Tracking -

Closed all my Apple watch rings today
    2 Pass days used

Documenting consistency (if there is a P=instead of number its a Pass Day)
    UAC: P-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-P

All was going well until my dentist appointment. Was so hungry and started eating...
  • jamcnewman
    jamcnewman Posts: 4,036 Member
    Tuesday May 10

✅✅✅
    1 pass day used May 4