Non-Scale Victories

Options
tinkerbellang83
tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,130 Member
A place to shout loud and proud what you have achieved today / this week / this month off the scale. Maybe you had a great workout, perhaps you are on a bit of a logging streak or you did something to improve your mental wellbeing. Tell us about it here!

Replies

• tinkerbellang83
    Options
    Today despite my best mental attempts to negotiate with myself to get out of it, I did a 25 minute strength workout and a few minutes of yoga poses.
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    Today I made reasonably good food choices whilst eating out, despite being tired.
  • SavageMrsMoose
    SavageMrsMoose Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I logged everything I ate yesterday (and didn’t just stop when I started snacking) and was under my calorie goal!
  • LenGray
    LenGray Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    I had a non-scale victory on Friday! It was all-day training for my day job and not only did I turn down pizza but I also went for a walk after lunch.
  • shawnstevennelson1988
    Options
    I quit smoking and vaping! Over a month now without. I thought I'd turn to food to cope but instead I've turned to walking as much as I can.
  • LenGray
    Options
    That's awesome! I quit smoking nearly a decade ago and it was one of the best decisions I ever made. Using walking to cope is a great idea. I'd also recommend apple and cucumber slices :)
  • chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    LenGray wrote: »
    That's awesome! I quit smoking nearly a decade ago and it was one of the best decisions I ever made. Using walking to cope is a great idea. I'd also recommend apple and cucumber slices :)

That IS awesome @shawnstevennelson1988 . Congrats. I never did it, but I understand it is a real bear to break from. I'm going to walk, and have cucumbers and apple slices today in solidarity!
  • chris_in_cal
    Options
    I am really happy after all of my moving, I just found a good Iyengar yoga studio three miles from my house. I have atarted going to their Saturday morning class.
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    I am really happy after all of my moving, I just found a good Iyengar yoga studio three miles from my house. I have atarted going to their Saturday morning class.

I am really missing my yoga class since I moved out of the city, yet to find one that's similar enough that I will enjoy / relax so just trying to get into the habit of doing similar routines at home.
  • LenGray
    Options
    My NSV is that I didn't go over my calories yesterday. Around 8 or 9, I started wanting some snacks (specifically the biscuits or black bean brownies in the fridge) but I sipped on some diet soda instead.
  • LenGray
    Options
    I had a nice NSV today! My dad had ordered me some new pants for Yule in my old size and I was a bit worried that they would be tight-- but they fit perfectly (and actually feel a little loose)!
  • chris_in_cal
    Options
    LenGray wrote: »
    but they fit perfectly (and actually feel a little loose)!
    A vicotory.

Perfectly fitting clothes is an absolute chief motivation for getting more fit and lean. I love having something become comfortable and correctly sized. Congrats. Nice Dad.
  • LenGray
    Options
    I had a pretty good non-scale victory today ^_^ After my yoga session, I got to work on edits and was feeling really frustrated by the end of the work day. I had almost decided to mess up my deficit and eat some of the cookies in the pantry for a 'motivation boost'... but instead I slowed down, thought about how I was really feeling, realized I was just feeling a bit under-stimulated (aka, bored) and started reading a good book instead. I instantly felt less frustrated and stayed within my calories!
  • LenGray
    Options
    A twofer for today. My dad called while I was at my writing group meeting and asked me to pick up something sweet. I looked up nearby places and saw that there was a cookie shop about a quarter of a mile away. Since the weather was nice, I figured I'd just walk (NSV #1). Once I was there, I decided to get us one cookie apiece. The second NSV is that, when I got home, I only ate half of it and saved the rest for tomorrow ^_^