Is anyone in this group still active?

Options
Hi! I'm not new to MFP but have only just discovered the "community". I've been doing this solo, off and on, for a while.

I'm 47 and went through early menopause at 43. It's been the last 2 years (helped by a lot of work stress and an uptick in wine consumption) that the weight piled on.

I've been yo-yoing a lot the last 9 months. Not yo-yo dieting, per se. I just gain a lot easier than I used to, and if I'm not 100% on, everything falls apart.

Anyway... I'm aiming for some consistency, more energy, and smaller pants. :)

Replies

• MadDogManor
    MadDogManor Posts: 1,431 Member
    Options
    I still have this group saved as one of my favorites, but I don’t think it’s too active anymore. I’ve never been real active in any group that I joined, that’s my personal preference
  • kalakimatra
    kalakimatra Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm not new to MFP but have only just discovered the "community". I've been doing this solo, off and on, for a while.

I'm 47 and went through early menopause at 43. It's been the last 2 years (helped by a lot of work stress and an uptick in wine consumption) that the weight piled on.

I've been yo-yoing a lot the last 9 months. Not yo-yo dieting, per se. I just gain a lot easier than I used to, and if I'm not 100% on, everything falls apart.

Anyway... I'm aiming for some consistency, more energy, and smaller pants. :)

I just found this today, having gone through 2 cancer diagnosis and surgically induced menopause at 40 in Dec 2020. I'm hoping to read past posts and get some encouragement in a tough world.
  • homeschoolinmama1970
    Options
    I am perimenopausal and find it almost impossible to lose weight unless I starve myself. I am hoping to get tips from others who have lost weight eating healthily. patresahartman9064 hopefully more people will join back in.
  • MammalamaC
    MammalamaC Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Just found this. I think I'm finally in menopause after being perimenopausal for several years. I'm 56 and joined NUVIVA - basically one of those medical weight loss diets with B-12 shots and severe calorie restrictions (and keto and detox and other phases). I lost about 36 lbs, but now I'm on one of my world famous menopausal plateaus. I've lost and gained the same 2 lbs for the past month and a half. I have a goal of being at 150 lbs by the time I step on a cruise my husband and I are taking to Italy in June. Would love to hear some hints/encouragement to get past the pause. I know the normal stuff - change up what I'm doing, eat more, eat less, exercise more, exercise less. I think the only thing that I can consistently count on is consistently recording my intake. Anybody else plateauing?
  • Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Ever since they changed the format of the website and moved groups to a separate page, all of my groups have gotten a lot quieter. :disappointed:

I wandered in here today because work stress has my hot flashes out of control right now. And, yes, my weight seems to have stopped, though I may just need to be patient.
  • shazmorgan
    shazmorgan Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Just stumbled across this group today.
    What a shame that it is not very active these days. I would love some friends in MFP who are going through similar experiences to me, regarding fitness and menopause. While I'm not very overweight. I am super keen to at least keep the middle-age-spread at bay and keep my joints moving freely! :)
  • chelny
    chelny Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Hi, I've been off MFP for several months, but I'm back tonight. Maybe we can spark something again in this group. I'm 50 & starting to have symptoms of perimenopause. I'm also someone who eats low carb. I'm not sure how that will affect menopause, if at all. One one hand, very much looking forward to not having periods. On the other hand, the hormonal changes cause other problems, don't they. I'll be around if people want to chat.
  • nedw3
    nedw3 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I just found it as well, maybe it will become more active if we do some chanllenges or something.
  • mitchpixx
    mitchpixx Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi I've just found this group and wondered if there's anyone still here? I'm post-menopausal and am training to be a Menopause Champion at work to help other ladies going through this time of life.
  • Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I am still here. Still burning up with hot flashes. ;) We've been having record-breaking high temps where I live, so I'm doing my best not to melt.
  • TXmal74
    TXmal74 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am just learning to navigate mfp. It sounds like there are a few of us in the same boat. I look forward to joining any upcoming challenges and supporting each other. Please add me as a friend if you'd like. My first goal is to start making small changes.
    Mal