May 25

Options

Replies

• LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    Options
    The new UAC group for June is here: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/143182-ultimate-accountability-challenge-june-2022

The thread on the Challenges page of MFP groups is also up: you can post your "testimonial" about what the UAC means to you here:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10865368/ultimate-accountability-challenge-june-2022/p1?new=1
  • Elbee1
    Elbee1 Posts: 2,029 Member
    edited May 2022
    Options
    May 25
    Another pass
    All used
    Great topic & wish I’d read it in the morning before work, again before lunch & on the way home from work before my husband called & told me that something huge in our life just changed. Yes, again… & not in a good way.

Then, I think of the school shootings & grocery store shootings & put my life in perspective. My heart goes out to the victims and their loved ones.
  • StayFITTer
    StayFITTer Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    3 yeses!

To manage stress, I go for walks/workout and go to sleep and I try to plan my schedule better? I'm learning I need to break down task instead of trying to be perfect and "hit the bull's eye"--just "hit the target" and move in the right direction of my goal/project.
  • jamcnewman
    jamcnewman Posts: 4,127 Member
    Options
    Well done on 3 yeses:

@calvin20874 Super steady and diligent — well done 🌟

@LazyBlondeChef I am so glad your stress level has dropped since settling into your new place 😊 Thanks for your post about June 💐

@ashleycarole86 I like your strategies 💡💡💡

@StayFITTer Walking and ensuring I am getting enough sleep are some of my “go to” strategies as well. I like your reminder to simply aim for hitting the target — sometimes that is enough and can keep us from abandoning the effort. 🌷

@ideas2 I love seeing the swimming 💦💦💦 and your zero pass days streak is so admirable! 🌸
  • jamcnewman
    Options
    Elbee1 wrote: »
    May 25
    Another pass
    All used
    Great topic & wish I’d read it in the morning before work, again before lunch & on the way home from work before my husband called & told me that something huge in our life just changed. Yes, again… & not in a good way.

Then, I think of the school shootings & grocery store shootings & put my life in perspective. My heart goes out to the victims and their loved ones.

@Elbee1 At times, life is a series of one unexpected event followed by another. I hear you on needing the regular reminder around stress management. What could you do to help yourself in this regard? The strategy that leads to success for each individual is often anchored in a few simple steps. What are your “go to” anchors? 💡
  • jamcnewman
    edited May 2022
    Options
    Thank you for the opening topic and that reminder Donna that we all need a strategy that helps us when things feel out of our control. I really like this graphic as it represents the various approaches I can and have taken over time. @donna25trinity

4t93zfabt2w2.jpeg
  • enlightenme3
    enlightenme3 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    ✅ Exercise - 1 hour of Jazzercise and neighborhood walk
    ✅ Calories -
    ✅ Tracking -

Closed all my Apple watch rings today
    2 Pass days used

Documenting consistency (if there is a P=instead of number its a Pass Day)
    UAC: P-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9–P-11-12-13-14-15-16-17-18-19-20-21-22-23-24-25

• KCJen
    KCJen Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    Daily Check-In Date: Wednesday, May 25th

Did I track everything? Yes
    Did I stay within my calorie range? No - pass day
    If calories were over for the day, was the difference walked off before bed? Yes

How many miles on Treadmill today? 1.86 miles
    Treadmill Days are Mon thru Fri and Sat & Sun Off
    Active for 20 minutes on Sat & Sun

Progression of weekly 1.5-to-2-pound lost goal: 1.6 lost so far
    Did I drink my daily water goal? didn't count
    Pass Day Count: 8/3
    Last Month Pass Day Count: Skipped April so that would be 30

This Week's Goals:
    Lose 1.5 to 2 pounds a week
    Treadmill 5 times a week
    Daily Calorie Range
    Daily Water Goal

<End of Daily Check-In Post>

The phone interview went well yesterday and now I wait and hope for an in-person interview. 🙏🙏🙏 I had a lot of errands to run after the interview, which led to grabbing KFC chicken on the way home for dinner. I need to have a plan for last-minute dinner changes that will not blow the day's calories.

• Marilynsretired
    Marilynsretired Posts: 5,464 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? yes

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? yes

Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? yes
  • bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,781 Member
    Options
    I walk outside or read or play on my phone to help stress level
    Yes x3
  • donna25trinity
    donna25trinity Posts: 3,052 Member
    Options
    Stress…. I think my job has taught me to not get stressed over the little things in life. Sometimes that is easier said then done but I often will put on some really classic rock like AC/DC and try to rattle the windows now that they are new that’s not so easy! I have also found meditation is very helpful to begin the day and ut has become a habit.

Tracked logged and over 12,000 steps so far

Gotta love ac/dc right!!! I love this!!! Listening to music and meditation are both awesome ways to release positive endorphines. I have been obssesed this week with finding ways to release endorphines without using food and sugar! Seems like u hve a great strategy. Xo
  • donna25trinity
    Options
    May 25, 2022

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

Habits to maintain this month:
    Kitchen Closed? Yes
    Did you go "nuts" with nuts today? No (22 days -free)
    Within Sugar macro today? Yes (20 days)

Pass days 3/3 (this is for accountability to myself and my records).

Planning ahead helps me manage stress sometimes.

Great point. Xo
  • donna25trinity
    Options
    jmu1965 wrote: »
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes. I was going to cook a HelloFresh meal but was too tired and my husband is working late. So I fixed a salad and had some leftover German sausage.

For stress at work I have to remind myself that Fretting over how much work I have to do isn’t going to help me. I take breaks away from my desk and also try to get a walk in. Planning and logging my meals help as well.

Its alwaysthe simple things that make a world of difference!!! Xo
  • donna25trinity
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? 52 minutes walking
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

Pass days used - 2

Stress management is something I sometimes excel at, and other times struggle with. I do have a stressful career and I find that difficult to manage. How I cope:
    -Having a very supportive and loving husband who makes my outside of work hours fun
    -Asking myself "what's the worst that can happen" and talking myself through anxiety
    -Trying to let myself off the hook for certain things when I feel overwhelmed (however, this used to be the primary reason why I'd overeat, that I deserved it for how stressed I felt and that it would soothe me.. so it's about choosing the RIGHT things)
    -Exercise
    -Meditation/yoga/stretching/deep breathing
    -Getting sleep

I can so relate!! Great insight and great plan! Awesome work. Xo
  • donna25trinity
    edited May 2022
    Options
    3x yes

Since I've settled into my new place the stress has disappeared as expected.

Also, as many of you know I agreed to own the group starting in June so I'll be getting things setup tomorrow for June UAC.

Thanks for stepping up, much appreciated. This group is so important for me and so many of us!!!! Xo
  • donna25trinity
    Options
    Elbee1 wrote: »
    May 25
    Another pass
    All used

Hope all is well my friend and hope things start to look up!!!! Thinking of u! Xo
  • donna25trinity
    Options
    StayFITTer wrote: »
    3 yeses!

To manage stress, I go for walks/workout and go to sleep and I try to plan my schedule better? I'm learning I need to break down task instead of trying to be perfect and "hit the bull's eye"--just "hit the target" and move in the right direction of my goal/project.

Lots we can learn from here!!! Trying to be perfect often just leads to self sabbataging behaviours... xo
  • donna25trinity
    Options
    jamcnewman wrote: »
    Thank you for the opening topic and that reminder Donna that we all need a strategy that helps us when things feel out of our control. I really like this graphic as it represents the various approaches I can and have taken over time. @donna25trinity

4t93zfabt2w2.jpeg

This is awesome and one I hve screenshot. Xo
  • donna25trinity
    Options
    KCJen wrote: »
    Daily Check-In Date: Wednesday, May 25th

Did I track everything? Yes
    Did I stay within my calorie range? No - pass day
    If calories were over for the day, was the difference walked off before bed? Yes

How many miles on Treadmill today? 1.86 miles
    Treadmill Days are Mon thru Fri and Sat & Sun Off
    Active for 20 minutes on Sat & Sun

Progression of weekly 1.5-to-2-pound lost goal: 1.6 lost so far
    Did I drink my daily water goal? didn't count
    Pass Day Count: 8/3
    Last Month Pass Day Count: Skipped April so that would be 30

This Week's Goals:
    Lose 1.5 to 2 pounds a week
    Treadmill 5 times a week
    Daily Calorie Range
    Daily Water Goal

<End of Daily Check-In Post>

The phone interview went well yesterday and now I wait and hope for an in-person interview. 🙏🙏🙏 I had a lot of errands to run after the interview, which led to grabbing KFC chicken on the way home for dinner. I need to have a plan for last-minute dinner changes that will not blow the day's calories.

Good luck ohh and subway maybe! Xo
  • tahm42
    tahm42 Posts: 4,819 Member
    Options
    yes x 3
    6 pass days used