on the up swing

ikebana1958
ikebana1958 Posts: 4 Member
had my surgery about 8 yrs ago and now beginning to regain my weight. I have tried everything and cannot seems to lose the weight I've regain. I got all these clothes a bought now I cannot fit into them. Hoping this group can help get me back on track with all the support.

Replies

• mae7365
    mae7365 Posts: 66 Member
    I struggled with weight gain for 6 years after I had VSG surgery. Gain 10, loose 5. Gain 10, loose 5. And the older I got, the more difficult weight loss became. The only thing that ever worked was a prescription for phentermine. It as a physician supervised diet, with monthly visits and accountability. I was able to loose 30 pounds and keep it off.

I've since had RNY surgery for severe GERD and have lost 60 lbs. I've kept that off for a year and a half and I'm hoping that I've finally figured out how to eat healthy. I began seriously exercising last summer (aqua fitness classes) and that has definitely helped keep me motivated.

Stay strong and work on keeping your mind and body active.
  • Richie2shoes
    Richie2shoes Posts: 412 Member
    I had my surgery 3 years ago and am catching some old habits coming back, namely boredom snacking. I put a few pounds back on and want to nip it in the bud before it gets out of hand. First step for me is getting back to daily logging.