https://youtu.be/IFQmOZqvtWg
And this one...
https://youtu.be/IT94xC35u6k
Let us know what you think.
Chris

Replies

• kjs1228
    kjs1228 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Shelley - I heard the same on the news....so surprising. I suspect we will learn more shortly. I'm with you....I don't watch the news too often....gives me too much anxiety.

Kathy - enjoy the DR! One kf my favorite places! Can't wait to see pictures.

It has been really hot here. Too hot to exercise outside, I melted when I watered my flowers!

Karen
  • kjs1228
    Highest weight ever: 306 (2013)
    Ultimate goal weight: 160
    5/15 - 170.1
    6/1 - 171.2
    June goal - 165

Haven't been too focused lately (clearly!) Need to reel it in for June!

Karen
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,259 Member
    We did not have Ronan today. My trainer is not feeling well, so no workout w/her. I walked this afternoon. I did 5.78 miles in 114 mins. It was sunny, 80 degrees with a bit of a breeze on my way home. I used my umbrella for the first half of the walk, but the breeze was too much coming home. And even tho it was sunny, it was not that hot. Nice walk.
    Chris
  • cpanus
    We don't get Ronan today...sigh...we miss that little guy. I miss seeing Sara, too.
    I don't know what I'm going to do today. Just might be lazy.
    Have a great Thursday my friends.
    Chris
  • zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 6,847 Member
    Karen the news is so bothersome for sure. More happy reports please. I still can't believe what is happening to Ukraine. Has anyone ever been there?

Chris I hope your trainer gets well soon. When will you see Ronan next?

I weeded after work. Not many actual weeds. Mostly dug up grape hyacinths. Darn things take over. I have dug up 3 bags of them so far this year. Wish I had never planted any. Also dug up some spiders wort. Could have sworn I got rid of it years ago!

Shelley
  • cpanus
    We got Ronan today. Sara just picked him up. Pete is down until at least next Thursday. His test came back bright last night. The test he took Monday was really light. They thought he was at the end of it, but it was the beginning. EGADS!!!
    I did 7.25 miles in 138 mins this morning. Beautiful and windy!!
    Hoping to see my trainer Monday Unless her test at Kaiser comes back bright. We'll just have to wait and see.
    Chris
  • zumbaforever
    Chris bright as in positive? Sheesh, I am lost. Glad you were able to see Ronan today. Nice walk!

Today was busy. Unload truck and trailer, full of tree limbs. Weight work out with friend. Then dug up grape niacin the that are taking over my east garden. I have so far dug up 3 bags worth. Then worked on putt up the 3 trellis in the new garden. Drove up to the mountain and roasted hotdogs over an open flame. Sanara and her husband joined us. We seen hummingbirds and does. A couple turkeys.

Night all,
    Shelley
  • zumbaforever
    Update on garden and new statue
    al4o3uuegq0v.jpeg
    hs048rqeka43.jpeg
    yyxnfhj1dphn.jpeg
    rk4sxk81o9th.jpeg

The one shows the old honeysuckle plant we removed today. Tomorrow I will help Rocky put up the mesh wire for the trellises. Then I can plant

Shell
  • cpanus
    That's so kewl, Shelley. Beautiful!
    I don't know what color the covid test turns when your are negative or positive. My trainer took a home test and it was negative then a little while later she looked at it and it was light positive. She called Kaiser...they told her to come down...she did...her test at Kaiser came back negative. My SIL's first test was light positive...five days later it was bright/dark positive. He's down until at least this coming Thursday. EGADS!!!!!
    I did 6.44 miles yesterday in 124 mins. Might not walk today...we have a soccer party to go to at noon.
    Chris
  • zumbaforever
    Chris so sorry about the positive test. He will be in my thoughts.

New garden mostly done. All planted. Now just waiting for everything to recover from any shock. Then put in some mulch. Rose bush showing no signs of shock. I added fertilizer and worm castings to the bottom of the hole. Will post an update in about a month. Put in border dahlias, pansies and some moss roses. And Rocky also added glads.

Then had dinner and took Libby for her bike ride. It was a great day. I am a bit sunburnt though. B)

Shelley
  • kjs1228
    High ladies! Took forever to get home yesterday. Got home at about 12:30 in the morning. I guess all of the road construction they put off during covid in Illinois, Michigan, Ohio, and Pennsylvania are all being done now. What a long drive it's so grateful to be home

Luckily did not have a 7 AM call so I took a 50 min walk here which I desperately need. Didn't got very much exercise at the conference. Had plenty to eat though :) hope everybody has a great Monday!

Karen

PS One of the people at the workshop tested positive for covid. Hoping I don't get it :) I didn't mask up most of the time period but what are you gonna do?
  • KAR1959
    KAR1959 Posts: 4,223 Member
    Here’s a few photos. It’s been marvelous. Exactly what I needed.🍹 ☀️ 🏖

h0x7d3oelkpx.jpeg
    nlw1t5zzbgm1.jpeg
    ou5jwvrva11h.jpeg
    n0fsqqw5fyah.jpeg
    bbzab9j2lwaa.jpeg
    h6sj9pbxl38p.jpeg

Kathy
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,680 Member
    Beautiful pictures, Kathy. You look so in the right place. So wonderful.

<3

Paula
  • cpanus
    edited June 2022
    Beautiful pictures, Kathy!! Looks like fun!
    Glad you got home safe, Karen.
    Shelley, I love pansies! I'll need pictures.
    The soccer party was fun for Ronan. He ran around and played ninjas with his two buddies.
    I did a 60 min workout w/my trainer this afternoon. It was brutal after a week off!! Going to walk tomorrow. It's supposed to get to 100 degrees by Friday...egads! We'll see.
    Chris
  • zumbaforever
    Chris it is going to be hot here this week also. Nice workout. Wish I could have seen the kids playing. I need some extra laughter.

Karen I am so glad you are home safely. Such a long trip

Kathy the first photo is my favorite. Love it. Love the outfits. You two look like you are having a blast.

Had to go to the jail today. People just can't behave.

Shelley
  • KAR1959
    Headed home after a fantastic final night.Ron surprised me with a “Romantic dinner on the Beach”. I was totally surprised because that’s so not him. My belated birthday celebration. ejh0teejrzfz.jpeg
    A few pictures:

8lc8j8goo022.jpeg
    910xi52fhst7.jpeg
    b91w3j2gzq89.jpeg
    qsni26iig4o3.jpeg
    3wycz7e73q72.jpeg
    s8a4ub2u7o4j.jpeg
  • cpanus
    I love the pictures, Kathy!
    Shelley, can you tell the jail story?
    I walked this morning before it got hot and windy. Took my umbrella that worked for about half the walk. Met a beautiful golden-doodle!! Golden retriever and poodle mix. Beautiful and so tall! He came up to my thighs!! Big guy! His name was Teddy Bear!!
    6.63 miles in 128 mins.
    Chris
  • PaulaKro
    Wow, Kathy. Truly romantic!

What kinds of food are on the plate? mashed potatoes, peppers, ...? Looks delish.

paula
  • PaulaKro
    My SIL came down with Covid and feels awful for cancelling her daughter's 11th bday; but everyone at Chucky Cheeses is grateful without even knowing it.

I'm measuring food again. Hit 188#.

paula
  • KAR1959
    Thank you ladies. The food was delish. Fried Plantains to start. An amazing crab shrimp salad served in a cantaloupe and the main was steak, mashed potatoes and grilled veggies. The desserts were the chocolate cigars filled with an amazing cream. That chocolate decorative ball was also filled with cream. We had amazing food and drinks the entire trip. I hope I ate in moderation and will get on the scale this morning. We walked a lot around the resort and spent mornings on the beach and afternoons in the pool.

I can truly say this vacation exceeded my expectations. Ron went above and beyond to make sure I had a great time. He said I deserved it because of how hard I’ve been working to take care of my parents. That I needed the r & r and pampering. I’m so grateful for everything he did to make me feel special.

Now back to work. Weigh in, unpacking and laundry. My dad has treatment on Thursday and I have a lot of yard work to do. Mostly weeding.

Kathy