Hump Day Cuppa Joe: 6.15.22

Options
DocSkippy
DocSkippy Posts: 7,037 Member
Pour yourself a mug of your favorite morning brew. Pull up a chair and join us for our morning roll call here on the BBB.

“You can usually tell that a man is good if he has a dog who loves him.” – W. Bruce Cameron

Replies

• DocSkippy
    DocSkippy Posts: 7,037 Member
    Options
    Morning

Still enjoying quick work retreat. But finding some time to enjoy this coastal Carolina area.

Missing our Pup. But apparently he now has two of my nieces at house “watching” him. I think it’s code for pool party. But I digress.

Hope all are well.

Skipper
  • manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,699 Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Mornin' BBB.

Happy Anniversary Skip and Carrie!

Tucker seems to be "living the life of Riley".
    Ha! Dennis the truth is the truth. Currently feeling really old at 61 yrs of age after attending a wedding and watching lots of kids in their late twenties and early thirties party.

BBB OP ;-)
  • lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB Friends. Speaking of hump day,we crossed the halfway point of my BS experience this week. So far, so good.
  • louisstone
    louisstone Posts: 2,565 Member
    Options
    Good morning.

I somehow doubt that Eleanor is an Oldsmobile 88... After driving a '73 Nova, my dream car was modest. 🤣

Nose is in overdrive and I have a scratchy throat, so I did one of the government-issued Covid tests and it's negative. Allergens are low - nothing survives in this heat - so I guess I've got a Summer cold.
  • LeonardRing
    LeonardRing Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    HAPPY HUMPING!!!
    Good Morning,
    Headed out to yoga class
    Very HOT 101 today with heat index of 110
    Happy anniversary Skip and Carrie
    Getting any more sleep Dennis?
    Poor Babe, hope all goes great
    Get feeling better Lou
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,963 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB friends.

Sassy is now wearing old boys' jockey shorts, backwards with her tail through the fly. Looks funny but works. She is happy she can spend more time with us in the carpeted parts of the house. It's been a week, now. Hoping this doesn't go on too much longer.

Glad you're negative, Lou. Sorry about the cold.

It's 43, here, and we are running a space heater because the furnace doesn't work. We need to put June on a milk carton. She's missing.
  • mcee1
    mcee1 Posts: 3,606 Member
    Options
    Happy belated flag day!

Condolences to Sam and family.

We hit 100F here for a record, more today. Storms Mon.washed away 3 people into a flooding big drainage ditch. A 10yr boys body was recovered, they still search for his father and neighbor that went in after him. Current was raging...sad

Happy pre wedding weekend in Michigan!

Steph, Mesa will make up for the cool temps Now!

We decided to take off Friday and Monday and spend a long weekend at the Lake! Can't wait.

My first car was an Olds Delta 88 with a 455. Big boat! Ha

Kelly house looks Great! Didn't realize you were painting the brick!

Who this Eleanor, Skip. No hint on make and model you tease!

Dave we always used human baby diapers and just cut a hole in it, for the dogs tail. Way cheaper than doggie diapers and stayed in place perfectly never an issue! Does Sassy tear them off or what?

Hope everyone gets and stays healthy.

Dennis is halfway There!

Be well BBB
  • steplinn398
    steplinn398 Posts: 2,908 Member
    Options
    Morning bbb

We are headed to the Columbia River gorge today for a hike then a visit to the locks and dam. Had to make timed reservations.

• Authenticity3
    Authenticity3 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! 3 days!!! My friends start arriving in the morning, while I'm doing my last workshop of the week. As usual, little things keep popping up ... extra ironing, extra alteration that I have to do (and I'm not a tailor!), things we remembered that we'd forgotten ... but we're staying on top of it, I think. We just got back from picking up the makings for food for breakfast and lunch the day of the wedding at the venue. I have a list that keeps growing. But I've got time. And I'll put my friends to work, too ... that's how they know they're REAL friends, right? Ha ha! Weather is supposed to be PERFECT: high of 79 Friday with mostly sun, and high of 77 Saturday with mostly sun.

Have fun at the lake, Mary!
  • manladdvm
    Options
    1967 Shelby GT500 Eleanor
    fvyuwljhgbyq.png
  • manladdvm
    Options
    You must be bursting, Lisa. So very exciting!