Ultimate Goal Weight: 148
    June 30 goal weight: 169

May 31 ending: 174.8
    June 1: 174.8
    June 8: 174.0
    June 15: 174.0 🤷🏽‍♀️
    June 22:
    June 30:

Hopefully that means no vacation weight gain. Now I need to pick it up for the rest of the month. We are definitely in the middle of a crazy heat wave. 97 yesterday with a heat index of 110. Will have to go to gym most days. Also I signed up for 3 sessions of personal training with the young lady my bff is using. I need help on the equipment at the new gym and tips in general to kick it up a notch. Now that I’m a member of the new gym I can schedule lane time in the pool for practice and exercise. I need both.

Kathy

• cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,249 Member
    Will be working out w/my trainer today at noon.
    We'll have Ronan this morning. It's Sara's last day to have to work.
    My favorite apple is Honeycrisp, too!! So glad when they show up at the grocery store. We'll nee a picture of your tree, Shelley.
    Must go get wet in the shower now.
    Chris
  • kjs1228
    kjs1228 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Kathy - good luck at the doctor!

I was able to do a sunrise yoga class this morning which was a great way to start the day. Been having so much stress lately it really set the stage for a much better day than yesterday :)

Also ate really well today. Trying not to eat anymore since it's 830 :)
  • cpanus
    Stayed in and read all day!! Had brain issues this morning and by the time they cleared up it was too hot!
    This weekend should work for walking in the morning. Tues and Wed supposed to be over 100 degrees, tho!! Yikes!
    Chris
  • zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 6,844 Member
    Kathy after you feel comfortable on the machines just up the resistance. Get out of your comfort zone. You are a beautiful, strong, black woman. Be proud and give it everything you got. Get in position, close your eyes, steady your breath and do it!

Chris that is to hot. Yikes! The tree is still a baby. But will take photos.

Karen that sunrise yoga sounds wonderful.

Took Libby for a ride. We rode to my friends house. Said hi and then rode some more. It was fun. Thank God tomorrow is Friday.

Shelley

• cpanus
    My trainer is not feeling well...I walked instead...5.69 miles in 103 mins to the post office and back. Tomorrow and Sunday should be walking weather. Tuesday is supposed to be 103 and Wednesday is supposed to be 102...EGADS!!! Pat and I used to walk in the dark during summer. Nopey, nope that's not for me by myself!!
    Chris
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,679 Member
    Kathy, Congratulations on the vacation weight management. You look so great,

Karen, Yoga sounds wonderful. And control sounds great too.

Chris, Too hot! Hope you have A/C. Hope your brain is better.

Shell, Hugs to Joey and Libby. Your beautiful little furbabies.

I looked up causes of sciatica; and yes weight gain and inactivity were on the list. Looks like I need to do some gentle stretching and work it out.

My bro got Covid; not surprising after caretaking SIL and daughter. But they're all mostly fine now. SIL is still exhausted. I hope that goes away. She's pretty young; 40's I think.

Paula
  • zumbaforever
    Chris time to get a nice big walking dog. :* I burn easily. So can't walk in the sun much. Glad you got in a walk.

Paula I think stretching is always a great idea. Karen has the right idea. Yoga.

Karen keep up the yoga.

Kathy I hope all is well on the home front. That was a fabulous vacation you and Ron had.

We had a meeting on the mountain today. There is a well that a number of properties have access to. But only one person maintains. Years ago the property owners all chipped in to get it drilled. There was a 4 person committee that took dues and over saw upkeep and paying the electricity. Rocky volunteered me to be the secretary/treasurer. I managed to talk two others into being president and vice-president. Should be interesting. I collected around $1,000 in dues today. Now I need a bank account.

I baked a low-fod 4 layer cake today. It is dark chocolate. Lightly sweetened. With a rich, creamy dark chocolate frosting. I cooked the frosting on the stove top. Then made a homemade raspberry filling for it.. A small piece is all you will need. Tomorrow I will assemble it for father's day.

Took Libby for a ride today. She is so cute.

My sister had a heart attack Thursday night. She had a stent put in this morning. I hope she takes better care of herself. I am so glad you are all moving and exercising.

Shelley
  • cpanus
    edited June 2022
    Paula, I hope your SIL gets better soon.
    Shelley, I hope your sister is alright.
    No walk today...Pat's birthday and Father's Day. Just hung out with him today.
    Chris
  • zumbaforever
    Chris thanks. I also did minimal exercise. Just took it easy. Company and family for Father's Day. Watched my friends 9 month old for a few hours this morning.

Shelley
  • KAR1959
    KAR1959 Posts: 4,219 Member
    Walked 60 minutes - 3 miles Sunday morning. It was beautiful. The heat is coming back this week so thought I better take advantage of the opportunity. Trying to get back on a workout schedule this week.

Father’s Day was quiet. Some family issues going on…sometimes things are never ending. My bff has surgery this morning on her right hand. Carpal tunnel, trigger finger and rheumatoid arthritis. I will be with her today and bring her home. It’s outpatient. Isn’t everything now???

Paula I pray your SIL has a speedy recovery.

Karen you’re inspiring me to try yoga. They have chair yoga at the gym.

Shelley pray your SIL recovers from her heart attack and takes care of herself.

Chris you and I seem to be having the same weather. Be careful that sun is not our friend.

Good week ladies,

Kathy
  • cpanus
    FOR SALE...One used husband!! Man! So unreasonable at times.
    I'm alright...trying hard not to explode. This would have been a good morning to walk, but I have my trainer at noon and I wasn't up early enough...sigh. Crimeny!
    Okay...going to eat pb on toast now.
    Love you guys!
    Chris
  • cpanus
    Supposed to get to 104 today. Already 87 degrees...no wind...no clouds...just BEAUTIFUL sunshine at 10:00 a.m. I'll be back with updates.
    Chris
  • cpanus
    It's still 101 degrees at 6:45 in the evening. Really hot today!
    Chris
  • PaulaKro
    Chris,

Hope you're chillin! It's cooking here on the coast too, but this house stays cool under the trees. Feeling lucky. Take care.

Paula
  • PaulaKro
    I finally figured out what's making my belly sore.

I've been dealing with sciatica for a couple weeks and can't sit or recline - it pinches a nerve and is really painful. I can stand and walk a little; but laying prone is the only real relief.

And being flat on my back so much makes me fidgety, so I'm tossing around and getting up and down a lot. Usually I use legs to stand up. But from a prone position, that requires ab muscles. That's new.

So, this pain in my gut? It's just a core muscle workout. (No wonder I didn't recognize the feeling.)

paula
  • zumbaforever
    Paula that sounds awful. Will it go away? I sure hope so. Leave it to you to be witty in the face of pain. Hugs. Glad you are cool at least.

Chris that is to hot for me. I live the sunshine. But not all that heat.

Will post more later

Shelley
  • zumbaforever
    Chris don't sale him. Trade him in on someone rich, hardly ever around and one foot gone! Wink wink, you know what I mean.

Shell
  • KAR1959
    Highest weight: 248
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 148
    June 30 goal weight: 169

May 31 ending: 174.8
    June 1: 174.8
    June 8: 174.0
    June 15: 174.0
    June 22: 171.8
    June 30:

Kathy

• KAR1959
    Swim lesson - 45 minutes, 30 minutes with personal trainer and 30 minutes treadmill. Trying to get back into a routine. It helps my stress level which has been a little high lately. Does family crap ever stop?

Paula, Sorry to hear about the sciatica. I know how painful it can be. Ron suffers from it. We had to cancel a vacation 3 years ago because he was in so much pain and really couldn’t walk. He’s been going to a chiropractor regularly and the adjustments seem to help. He hasn’t had a reoccurrence in a very long time. Hang in there.

Chris, It’s going to be 99 today in Georgia. It’s pretty miserable with the high humidity.

Dad has appointment this morning so will try to get a workout in later this afternoon.

Kathy