Thursday Cuppa Joe: 6.23.22

Options
DocSkippy
DocSkippy Posts: 7,037 Member
Pour yourself a mug of your favorite morning brew. Pull up a chair and join us for our morning roll call here on the BBB.

“You can usually tell that a man is good if he has a dog who loves him.” – W. Bruce Cameron

Replies

• DocSkippy
    DocSkippy Posts: 7,037 Member
    Options
    Morning~

Busy day yesterday with work....broken up by the arrival of "My Elleanor" who received a bumper to bumper inspection of every component by "my guy" and got a clean bill of health. She's off today to the body guy for a wet sand/clay-bar/detail treatment. Hope to get her back in my stall by mid next week.

sy11qje1orz3.jpeg

Vet followed up with bad news that Tucker still has tested positive for Giardia. We thought we kicked this - but back on another week of flagyl and pills with another test again in a week. He mentioned it is not uncommon for puppies to have this for up to a year. Ugh! We feel like bad parents. We don't know what is causing it.

Sounds like a full camper on the lake this weekend!

Sam - how's the beach? Cold, wet and rainy here in the mid-atlantic.

I saw some MI wedding photos of the Big Red Barn soiree. WOW! What a beautiful setup for the wedding party!

House painting done?

Cheers,
    Skipper
  • Authenticity3
    Authenticity3 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    Good morning, BBB! Wow! Fancy car, Skip! I'll bet it goes FAST!

Yep, the wedding was a hit! Honestly, it was as close to perfect as I could have dreamed. We had SUCH a great time! This venue was amazing because we had it ALL weekend, so I could do most of the work on Friday, which meant I got to be in the moment and enjoying Saturday so much more than usual. I wasn't running around frantically trying to get things done. I got to mingle and greet and dance and love all the people.

One of my favorite moments from it all was the bridal party's grand entrance. Their goal was to come in in couples and to be as funny as possible. One came in on a little kid's car, another had the guy pulling the girl in a wagon while she did shots, the bride and groom did a little hand jive dance as they entered. But my favorite, and probably the most memorable by far, was my middle dd and her hubby. They decided LITERALLY last minute what they were going to do ... and they went off into a corner to hide for a moment, and came back in each other's clothes! So she was in his suit (which, by the way, she totally ROCKED! She could have been on the cover of Vogue) and he was in her dress! It was SO hilarious! He's got quite the furry chest, and all that was hanging out the low neckline, and WOW. Btw, it was his idea, too. Such a great sense of humor!

Another highlight for me was the mother-daughter dance. She had the usual one with her daddy, but she wanted one with me, too. When the kids were little, we danced nearly every day in the living room. It was so meaningful to do it at her wedding, too.

I do believe EVERYONE who RSVP'd showed up, plus about 10 others who didn't RSPV. It was a full house. There were people from her childhood, from the neighborhood, from the church I used to work at, from WW (that group were the Masters and Mistresses of Ceremony, and they helped a LOT), from everywhere.

It was awesome. I smile thinking of it, and I can't wait for the professional pics and the video to be ready!

I hope you all had a great week, too! I'm behind in reading, but I'll try to catch up a bit. v66z1ofiw6bc.jpg
  • lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB Friends.
    • Yep, a fabulous wedding party in MI. And yes, Danielle rocked the suit.
    • Quite a car Skip. Enjoy.
    • I'm off to the Augusta VA Hospital to pick up my new hearing aids.
  • manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,699 Member
    Options
    Mornin' BBB.

Special moments for sure, Lisa. Sounds like the wedding planner NAILED it. The wedding planner was you, right?
    I think I like the fact that you are wearing crocs in that photo with your Eleanor, Skip.
    Eh? What's that you say, Dennis? (sorry, couldn't resist)

BBB OP ;-)
  • mcee1
    mcee1 Posts: 3,606 Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Good morning

Heat finally dropping some here and should be a decent weekend.

Two campers omits my hq 31ft camper stays roomy, Skip. The guests get the guest camper lol.

Nice car Skip, Whoa!

I'm off to the eye Institute for #5 of #8. I feel like eyes are a little better. We will see what they measure.

Beautiful photos Lisa. Sweet you had a dance with bride too.

Was that woman dancing with groom his mom too? They looked as though they had a fun dance too?! Beautiful wedding!

Have a wonderful day BBB
  • louisstone
    louisstone Posts: 2,565 Member
    Options
    Good morning.

Nice Crocs, Skip!

The wedding photos looked awesome, Lisa! So happy for the bride and groom.

I'm heading to Louisville for my delayed 30th reunion tomorrow.
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,963 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB friends.

Wonderful wedding Lisa. Lifetime memories.

Quite a ride, Skip.

Great hike, yesterday. I do this one at least once a year, as a sort of test. It's almost 16 miles with a lot of climbing on rugged trail. A bit sore, today.

You left the Northwest too soon, Steph. Now that you are gone the weather is perfect - sunny, high 70s to low 80s.
  • steplinn398
    steplinn398 Posts: 2,908 Member
    Options
    Morning BBB

Lisa so glad the wedding was perfect.

We are still in Oregon so enjoyed a perfect day yesterday. Sunny and warm with a nice breeze. After our hike we visited a winery where we could see the paraglide competition. Several landed there and we chatted with them. On our way home we saw a glider walking aLong the highway so we drove him back to his car. He was 4 or 5 miles away from where he planned to land.
  • kgmoody
    kgmoody Posts: 3,149 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon. Still painting. It’s gorgeous out so after girls night tonight I’ll climb up the scaffolding and paint. I’m tired. My house is a stye. Roof supposed to be installed next week.

The wedding pictures are so nice. I’m glad it went well.

Nice whip. I wonder if I saw it when I had the basement tour at the IMS two weeks ago?