JUNE 2022 Challenges -- 06/01 -- 06/30

Replies

• cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,252 Member
    Shelley, good idea!! Thinking about it... ;)
    Paula, so sorry about your sciatica. I hope you find relief soon. Maybe go see a chiropractor like Kathy suggested. Might just be worth it.
    Kathy, I need to figure out something to do if I'm not walking outside. I used to do my steps in the kitchen...tiny jogging steps, but don't know if I can do that now with my new hip and back. ...hmmm
    Got a 60 min workout done w/my trainer this afternoon.
    It was 104 here today. It is 93 at 5:24 in the evening...cloudy and muggy. I need to walk to the post office tomorrow morning. Got to get up before 8:00 a.m. to get it done. Summer time and no Grandson first thing in the morning makes sleepin' in pretty nice. Maybe we'll get him tomorrow for a while. We do miss him.
    Chris
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,679 Member
    Chris,

Remember when we used to take long walks in our homes? I had a nice loop in the old house. And my impression is that you passed bookcases? down a hallway? How close is my memory or did it make all that up?

Anyway, hope you find some heatproof activity. Maybe pretend you're shopping in an air conditioned market? That's making me giggle, I can see you striding full speed, up and down the aisles. :p

paula
  • cpanus
    Paula, you got it exactly right!! Books all the way down the hall...some of them still not read!! :D
    It's only 100 degrees at 5:15 in the evening here in northern California!! Good thing I got up early (7:00 a.m.) and got out of the house by 9:00 a.m. in order to walk to the post office and back.
    6.13 miles in 114 mins.
    I took my umbrella for the sunshine...used it going but not coming. By the time I was walking back home the wind had kicked up, there were clouds here and there and it was nice! And then it got hot!
    Chris
  • zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 6,844 Member
    Paula I remember all the indoor walks. Crazy how long ago that was. I remember when Bean was a pup. Since he is black Chris was careful to not let him overheat. I walk in our mall sometimes.

Chris that was probably still a hot walk. Glad you took your umbrella.

After work I ate a sensible dinner. Then weeded some. Dug up some giant alliums. And planted a white hibiscus. Then took Libby for a short ride. So glad tomorrow is Friday.

Shell
  • KAR1959
    KAR1959 Posts: 4,219 Member
    Workout for 30 minutes with a trainer then 30 minutes on the treadmill. The trainer has made several corrections to my routine. Heavier weights, incline on the Treadmill. Less repetitions and time. Working smarter not harder. She said I was doing too many repetitions when I really needed heavier weights. Less time required for cardio if I incline the Treadmill. I know I was sweating profusely when I finished and happy to spend an hour in the gym instead of 2.

Now let’s see results!

Kathy
  • cpanus
    edited June 2022
    It's only 95 degrees at 4:09 p.m. today. Hot wind too!! Well, Yahoo says it's 105 right now!!
    Got 60 min workout done w/my trainer this afternoon. It was hard!!
    Thinking about walking tomorrow morning...maybe...ugh..maybe. We'll see.
    Chris
  • cpanus
    I got 5.76 miles done in 113 mins. Not my fastest but I got it done. It wasn't too bad this morning. We'll just have to wait and see how tomorrow turns out.
    Chris
  • zumbaforever
    Kathy you are definitely on the right track. Heavier is what I would recommend for you also. Tone is where you are headed. Great job.

Chris it was much cooler today here. Way to hot there still. Great walk.

Got in a short walk with a friend. She is recovering from having a cyst removed. It was still fun. Then went to the mountain for part of the afternoon. I fed my plants some smelly fish fertilizer. Pew. I noticed some earwig damage on my clematis and dahlias. So checked my traps. There were over 20 young ones. Drowned them all. Then looked under the rhubarb plant. It was heavily invested. Pruned it back and drowned at least a 100 small ones. Then sprayed. I scooped up all the dying leaves under the plant and put them in a bucket of hot water. Never seen so many trying to get out before. Put out some more traps. Am I a bit crazy that I feel satisfaction in having eradicated so many?

Did some pushups this evening.

Shelley
  • kjs1228
    kjs1228 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Hi Ladies...the past week had been q whirlwind....flew to Canada last Sunday for work. Flying is so messy right now as are things at work !

I got my first colonoscopy Friday...so prepped for that. It wasnt as bad as people warned me...dont get me wrong....wouldnt do it for fun...but I think it helped that st regularly. All clear thank goodness.

Been doing a bit better with the eating....although I have felt depleated lately....so my exercise has been off especially with the travel.

Paula - hope your back is feeling better. Is there any treatment that will help.

It is meant to be pretty warm today....going to a minor league baseball game.....bettee hydrate now!

Karen
  • kjs1228
    Wanted ro share something fun i did yesterday with a friend. Goat Yoga....basically a little yoga and a lot of goat. So fun! They are such interesting creatures...they jump on your back lol!

bxqw3aoncko8.jpg
    z8ullogdrydb.jpg
    w2j3vb6eqw7o.jpg
  • KAR1959
    I’ve heard of Goat Yoga. Wow just wow! Couldn’t do it. Hot here in Georgia. Didn’t workout today. Can’t seem to get into a routine. Tomorrow is another day.

Kathy
  • cpanus
    Made soup and read today...that is all.
    Chris
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,679 Member
    I tried Tai Chi on Sunday. My Sciatica was starting to feel better, and it was the first class, so I went. It was surprisingly difficult, and the poses torque my bad knee which can dislocate. So I had to be careful.

Mostly it felt like wasting the instructor's time, trying to teach me something I wasn't physically capable of doing. He was very patient and accommodating; but I was embarrassed.

My right leg/lower back is still a little messed up; but 90% better.

Karen, How do the goats choose who they jump on?

paula
  • cpanus
    Got 60 mins w/my trainer done yesterday. Today was way too hot to walk and we had Ronan for most of the morning. Didn't want to go out there. Thursday is supposed to be cooler. I'll walk in the morning.
    Chris
  • zumbaforever
    Karen that is hilarious. So how do they choose who to jump on? Great photo's. Amazing time you gals had.

Kathy I went and checked my plants in the dark. I even had killed more of those nasty earwigs when I got off work. I thought I might find a few still. There were earwigs on every plant, flower and even on the wall! Hundreds. I sprayed soapy water on the plants that were only lightly infested.

Paula you never waste an instructors time. Do what you need to and don't worry about the rest. Get well my friend.

Rode my bike tonight with Libby. Got my pushups done. Judge Brown is retiring tomorrow. I will miss him. But honestly he should have retired a few years ago. I wish him well.

Shelley
  • cpanus
    My daughter did goat yoga with her friends a while back. So funny!!
    I'll be doing 60 mins w/my trainer at noon then we are taking my car to the dealer for maintenance then we're going to a place called the bank for something called cash...not sure what that is, but Pat wants to put some in the safe...for safe-keeping...bwahahah!
    I am hoping to walk tomorrow morning. Ronan has lab work early tomorrow. I'm not sure if the kids are planning to come over to celebrate his bravery or not. They usually bring donuts to celebrate when he has his blood drawn. This might be different, tho. We'll see.
    Chris
  • kjs1228
    Apparently the goats like to be high up...so if your back or butt are in the air...up they go! It was fun.

My eating has been so off this week....hoping tomorrow is a better day!

Karen
  • KAR1959
    Highest weight: 248
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 148
    June 30 goal weight: 169

May 31 ending: 174.8
    June 1: 174.8
    June 8: 174.0
    June 15: 174.0
    June 22: 171.8
    June 30: 173.8

Too much snacking!!! Horrible last two weeks. Not too happy with myself. ☹️

Kathy

• KAR1959
    Swim lesson - 45 minutes, lower body workout - 20 minutes and treadmill - 40 minutes.

Kathy
  • cpanus
    7.12 miles in 136 mins done this morning. Took my umbrella but didn't need it. It was beautiful out there!!
    Chris