Tuesday Cuppa Joe: 6.28.22

Options
DocSkippy
DocSkippy Posts: 7,037 Member
Pour yourself a mug of your favorite morning brew. Pull up a chair and join us for our morning roll call here on the BBB.

“You can usually tell that a man is good if he has a dog who loves him.” – W. Bruce Cameron

Replies

• DocSkippy
    Options
    G'Morning~

Glad to hear the painting is nearly completed and you survived. Called two painters around March to come out and do some trim work for me and never heard back from them. Oh well. I'm hoping to stick a For Sale sign up late fall/early spring anyway!

Should be sunny and warm enough for some afternoon pool time. Fingers crossed.

ANXIOUSLY waiting for car to be done. He said late week. DEFINITELY by Friday. I was hoping Wednesday! Ugh. Patience is NOT my strongest skill set. Yes, my name is Skip and I am inpatient (admitting the problem is a huge step)!

Any other takers for the Fall BBB soiree? C'mon gang! Plenty o'room and would be a blast to see as many of you as possible. Moody's? Mary/Tom? Dinwiddie's? Lou/Celia? Steph/Ron?

C'mon weekend!
  • Authenticity3
    Authenticity3 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    Good morning, all! It's a lovely morning in Michigan right now. Cool ... I had to grab a sweatshirt to drink my coffee. The sun is shining and the birds are singing. I think I'm finally caught up on rest and household details and back into my usual routine. Today starts my work week, and I'm ready. It's gonna be a great day!

You're moving, Skip? Didn't you just get voted into a position on the HOA?
    I hope your vacation is completely perfect, Mary!

In case you didn't see it, here's a snippet that was a highlight of my weekend. His little giggle is the BEST! https://www.facebook.com/Authenticity3/videos/775001536826266
  • manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,699 Member
    Options
    Mornin' BBB.

Hoping to put the homestead up for sale? Does this mean you are hoping to move for a new job?
    Beautiful cool morning here as well.

BBB OP ;-)
  • lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,597 Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Can you say the beach in North Carolina? BBL.
  • mcee1
    mcee1 Posts: 3,606 Member
    Options
    Good morning

Why and where do you think you're going to be moving to, Skip? Inquiring minds want to know

I'm heading to Costco today woohoo big outing. Then into Milwaukee to my fav butcher shop for next weeks grilling goodies.

Your home looks good Kelly!

Your grandson J is adorable Lisa!

Steph, where you at today?

Hope GA guys get out for a Ride!

Lee, When will you and dw retire?

Glad you'll have help with dmil Sam

Dave, Sassy back to normal?

Have a great day BBB
  • manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,699 Member
    Options
    Mary, gotta work for my health insurance until I'm 65 (3 more years). I'll know more in a couple of years.
  • louisstone
    louisstone Posts: 2,565 Member
    Options
    Good morning.

Glad I'm not the only one confused by Skip saying he wants to sell.

I'm at conferences all week of the BBB soiree. Annual meeting of policy wonks in Atlanta and then our annual big $ donor event in Bastrop. So, unfortunately, I'm out.
  • DocSkippy
    Options
    Yes - valiantly trying to convince DW its time to get out of the big city and find a nice coastal retreat. I still have plenty of work years left - but would prefer to do from a beach town than here in the concrete jungles of DC.

Great video, Lisa!
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,963 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB friends.

I know you have discussed moving for a while. Skip.

Sassy is sort of normal, I guess. She is goofy, fun, infuriating, affectionate, lazy, eager, energetic ... in a random pattern that defies predictability. That's a golden retriever. Hard to believe we almost took her back to the breeder. What a tremendous loss that would have been. She'll be one year old on Friday. How she has grown - and we have too.

jnmik6o2kx62.jpg

32y9v2p8g4je.jpg

• DocSkippy
    Options
    SGM - she is such a great looking pup! Hard to believe (as you said) she's nearly a year old! WOW!

Love the descriptions: goofy, fun, infuriating, affectionate, lazy, eager, energetic..... LOVE IT!
  • steplinn398
    steplinn398 Posts: 2,908 Member
    Options
    I love the doggies of BBB

We drove just over 12 hours to Barstow Ca with only stops for bathroom and gas. Traffic around Reno to the entrance to Yosemite was terrible. One lane most of the time. Better after that.

Today we just have about 6 hours left to Mesa and don’t need to be there until late afternoon so I plan to stop near lake Havasu for lunch. Looking forward to catching up with our homeowners. It will be sad that Chesstur the beagle is gone.
  • lowbar31
    Options
    Good morning BBB Friends.
    • You are a beautiful dog Ms. Sassy.
    • Skip, my riding buddy moved here from Wilmington, NC because he got tired of the constant hurricane threats. There are pluses and minuses to leaving near the beach. I grew up near Daytona Beach. Pluses and minuses.
    • I started my morning with my Emmaus Group. Always uplifting.
    • Milder temps this week and a chance of rain. Both welcome.
    • Welcome home Sam.
  • LeonardRing
    LeonardRing Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    Good Morning,
    Thanks Dennis
    DGD here this morning, taking and picking her up for church "swim and pizza"
    DW id gone to pickup DMIL
    They are installing new internet network throughout neighborhood, cannot hear or think with compressors running pushing lines through ground.
    Seems several of folks usually at yoga classes have COVID; only 10 in class yesterday and already heard that 2 will not be there this afternoon. Lodge meeting last night had several out with COVID, glad that infected are staying away.
  • DocSkippy
    Options
    ARRIVAL!

prpa2812w6rr.jpeg
    vsu4hyl0gygp.jpeg
  • LeonardRing
    LeonardRing Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    Beautiful Skip
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,963 Member
    Options
    Beautiful, Skip.

By the way on the Sassy infuriating description: Rita was making apple crisp for tonight. She mixed up the topping in a large stainless-steel bowl - a cup of rolled oats, a cup of sugar, half a cup of flour,
    3/4 cup of butter, along with some salt and cinnamon. She left the topping in the bowl on the counter while she turned to some paperwork on the kitchen island, three feet away. An hour later - mind you, Rita never moved away from her position mere feet from that bowl - she turned to put the topping on the apple crisp and found the bowl still in place on the counter, but licked clean. When Rita showed Sassy the bowl, she hung her head and looked about as guilty as she could be. I tried not to laugh. No supper for Sassy tonight. I hope she doesn't get sick.
  • lowbar31
    Options
    There is an advantage to having a dog with short legs like a dachshund. B)

You better lay low for a while Sassy.
  • DocSkippy
    Options
    omg. That’s funny Sassy. Hope she’s okay. Counter surfing has become Tuckers favorite pastime. But he’s not yet been successful.
  • steplinn398
    steplinn398 Posts: 2,908 Member
    Options
    Oh sassy. Hope she doesn’t get a tummy ache.