Sunday Cuppa Joe: 7.3.22

Options
DocSkippy
DocSkippy Posts: 7,037 Member
Pour yourself a mug of your favorite morning brew. Pull up a chair and join us for our morning roll call here on the BBB.

“You can usually tell that a man is good if he has a dog who loves him.” – W. Bruce Cameron

Replies

• DocSkippy
    DocSkippy Posts: 7,037 Member
    Options
    Morning~

One guess why I am up so early on a Holiday Weekend - one word?

Lou - sorry to hear! That is a miserable experience.....wishing you speedy recovery!

WITW are the other cool kids this weekend?

Dinner last night was a bust. Pricey food with quite the scenery of scantily clad patrons. Ugh.

Hoping for some spa time later this morning; pool time this afternoon.

Cheers,
    Skip
  • Authenticity3
    Authenticity3 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    Happy 4th weekend, everyone!
    Lou, that sucks. I hope you feel better soon! I had my shot last winter for that, and I hope that means I won't get it. I used to think that vaccines prevents you from getting things, but COVID has taught us that that isn't always the case.
    Skip, I'm going to take a guess and suggest that you're up early to work on a holiday needlepoint pillowcase that you're making for a homeless shelter. Am I right?
    I hope you had a good night on the water, Lee! I'm pretty impressed that you have the ability to stay up all night ... I can rarely even make it until it gets dark.
    Are you having a great vacation, Mary?

We had J for the past few days, but today is just us again. We'll go to church this morning, and I have an AA party tonight. It looks to be a gorgeous day! Right now it's sunny and a little cool, but it's supposed to hit 86 later on. Perfect summer weather!
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,963 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB friends.

Tucker!

Sassy woke me with a thumping tail and a nice snuggle at 4:30. She's back to sleep at my feet, now.

Our weather is less than perfect, with a high today of 65, cloudy, with a chance of showers. Not much better tomorrow. Not the best holiday weekend. Just Rita, me and Sassy. DS and family are going up to Seattle for the weekend. DDIL's sister has an apartment looking out over Lake Union (the lake where the houseboat sat in Sleepless in Seattle) and they are going to watch the fireworks launched over the lake. At least Sassy hasn't been bothered by the early fireworks set off in the neighborhood.

Making meatloaf and strawberry shortcake tonight. Not point-friendly, but comforting.
  • lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB Friends.
    • One late combined service at church this morning which means I was able to sleep in and work the cameras.
    • Taking the DW on a shopping, lunch and ice cream trip for her birthday either this afternoon or on Tuesday. We are going to the charming bigger town where Sam lives.
    • I hope you have a mild case Lou.
    • Our Lake Anna trip is not that far off now.
  • steplinn398
    steplinn398 Posts: 2,908 Member
    Options
    Morning BBB

Sorry Lou. Hope you get well soon

No plans today. Exercise, pool, Tour de France probably in that order.
  • louisstone
    louisstone Posts: 2,565 Member
    Options
    Good morning.

They don't recommend the Shingles thing until you're 50, Lisa. I'm ahead of schedule. It seems I'm done creating new patches and now it's just waiting on the existing stuff to get crusty.

Trying to get Cecilia to get out of the house today. Just because I can't be out in the sun doesn't mean she can't.
  • LeonardRing
    LeonardRing Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    Good Afternoon,
    Been churched nothing else planned for day
    Hot and Humid partly cloudy but rain not predicted
    Hope you are feeling better soon Lou, I know it is a terrible taste but put a few drops of Turmeric under tongue or mix with water and drink plus rub on irritated skin.
    Happy Birthday Kris
  • mcee1
    mcee1 Posts: 3,606 Member
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Good evening

We are having perfect weather and so much fun.

We launched at a neighboring lake all day, came back and grilled tenderloin and vegetables. Excellent.

Now they are having a big fire, im watching it from the couch while watching a movie. The smoke is too bad on my eyes. And I'm tired.

Happy 4th tomorrow! Enjoy the day
    ❤🤍💙