7/8 5,064
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,107 Member
    Options
    Natalie0403
    WD. Saturday
    Pw 138.6
    Cw 138.4

It has been a crazy stressful week. My fur baby had to get an emergency spinal surgery last Friday. we are hoping that the paralysis is temporary after surgery and that she will get better in a few weeks. in the meantime, all my attention goes to her, making sure she is comfortable, drinking water and kept clean and of course an endless love rubs.
    Maintaining 2-3 hours of sleep at night all week got me walking like a zombie; the only thing that has kept me going and somehow level headed (my husband will disagree on level headed thing) is exercising when i get 20-30 minutes to myself.

Step goal 7000.
    7/2 4837
    7/3 8114
    7/4 7760
    7/5 2858 -rower 35 minutes
    7/6 5160
    7/7 8218
    7/8 6519 -rower 30 minutes

And I leave you with this: instead of saying "I got to exercise" say " I get to exercise". that simple letter changes the intention of your actions with gratitude and positivity.

I hope you all have a great week, and thank you for your stories that give my mind a little distraction.
    @Nataliewr0403 Nice loss for the week, especially with all the stress you've been under! So sorry to hear about your fur baby but glad the surgery went well. I share your hope that the paralysis is temporary and that she makes a full and quick recovery with little discomfort! Keep us posted and send us a picture once she's feeling better! Your love and kindness will also take her a LONG way toward getting well!

I have you down for the step challenge. I'll look back and see if I missed any stats as our statistical month for July actually began on Jun 26th, so feel free to send me any steps you had from 6/26 to 7/1 and I'll get those updated. I too have had a stressful couple of weeks, so if I missed a posting, I will go back and find it. My apologies if that's the case.

I like the thought you shared..."I get to exercise" shows that we actively want to participate and think of it as a privilege...thank you SO much for sharing that! From now on, "I get to walk" will be my thought...the way we think and approach things is 99% of how we handle it!

Enjoy your weekend!
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    Pupowl wrote: »
    @jessicakrall8
    May I please be on the support team for a while? I can't deal with weighing in lately because I know the number is horrible and I don't want to see it. I will still stay active here, do my steps and the habit tracker. It's just the weigh in I need to skip. I plan to weigh in again when we start September. Thank you <3

@pupowl I asked for the MODS to move you to Support for a bit. I'm on a break from the scale myself dealing with "life"...hope your break brings you renewal, new strength, great cravings for success (and not pizza) and a whole new lease on your journey. I look forward to new pictures from you and continued jealousy from your step count! :smile:
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    The Week 3 Group Challenge for July is now posted and will begin on Sunday, Jul 10th. Hope you'll join us as we Color Your World. Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10869004/july-week-3-group-challenge-color-your-world/p1?new=1

Hope you'll join us!
    Jessica :blush:
  • jessicakrall8
    edited July 2022
    Options
    6zkxcfse0amb.jpg
    Missing the following weigh-ins for the week (incl today):
    @JenHul
    @coblujay
    @mulecanter
    @ac204
    @Bumblesandbees (x2)
    @laguera147 (x2)

Stats begin first thing (early) on Sunday morning, so please post today! Thanks!
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    Saturday's Study Group
    [snip]

What did you learn about yourself this week?

Very interesting @PatriceFitnessPal and definitely something I needed to read. What I was reminded of this week was just how easy it is to return to dangerous and ill-advised patterns of behavior when dealing with stress. It's SO easy to jump right back in to eating my feelings...making bad choices while making excuses of how busy I am...how it will save me time...how it's not bad just this once (or twice, or three times...blah blah blah). Thank goodness for my walking and I was consistent on that. Snacking, I kept the habit of eating more fruit as snacks and less chips so that was good, but my eating out was a little excessive.

I've been walking a fine line...very stressful times at work...uncertainty...politics at play in the workplace...many changes underway...just tough to deal with...in addition getting ready for this remodel...filling any extra time with additional cleaning, clearing out, reducing clutter, boxing up, donating things, moving furniture, coordinating meetings with remodel team, appointments, pushing myself physically to the limit, exhaustion, pain in my joints...and then trying to balance responsibilities, priorities, etc. It's been a very rough couple of weeks. Jul 1st was the anniversary of my mother's death...emotional few days...this year was 11 years since I lost her. This was the first year that the day came upon me without an emotional lead up...I didn't realize it until it had passed...then I felt guilty for not recognizing it in time...grief is a strong taskmaster and it hit me hard AFTER the 1st. Don't really have a lot of people I can talk to about it and so I internalized it. Trying to shake it off...and now all of this considered, I'm just tired...physically, emotionally, spiritually...tired. Not sleeping well...trying to even out the eating and get back on track FULLY...**sigh** now I'm just whining...UGH!

Going to go lie down...if you're a person of faith...whisper a tiny prayer for me...if you a person of positivity, think a few good thoughts for me...if you're a person with the power of words, give me a few words of wisdom/encouragement...all are appreciated.

Thanks for listening/reading. Talk to you soon...hope to see you guys in this week's challenge...link is a few posts back.
    Jessica
  • ac204
    ac204 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    AC204
    Friday
    PW 191.6
    CW 193
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,324 Member
    edited July 2022
    Options
    @jessicakrall8 - I find this idea of implementing the minimum standard helpful when I feel drained “physically, emotionally, spiritually” like you describe.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10787818/minimum-basic-and-preferred-habits#latest

Please allow yourself grace while you get through this busy period. You can feel proud of the healthy walking habit you’ve established, and I hope you can visualize how much you’ll enjoy your new kitchen once it’s complete. In the meantime, trust yourself. You’ve done a tremendous amount of preparation and the workers will help you through it. I’m confident you’ll get through this challenge and I think those cherished memories of your mother will help you.

Is there a skill, behavior, or saying/motto your mother shared with you that might guide you through the politics and changes at work, or the extra work of the remodeling project?

Today is my father’s birthday and he died on Mother’s Day, twenty years ago. It feels like yesterday to me so I can relate to your emotions. I miss him! He shared so much wisdom and strength over the years and I thought I’d have many more years with him. I’m sad without him but I try to honor his legacy by channeling the attributes he embodied. This post is already long - and I’ve over shared in the group this week as it is - so I won’t go into detail with more stories now. I’m sure there’ll be an opportunity to bore you all with those stories in the future! 🙄 I’m rooting for you and believe in you!
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    Good morning Shape Shifters 😊 the sun is out here so I'm happy.
    Thank you so much for the welcome back @PatriceFitnessPal I've missed chatting with all you guys on here too.I just logged my breakfast whilst I was away.Just as I didn't want to lose my streak.It was nice just to relax & not think about what I was eating.Yet I paid the price & gained a few pounds but I hope to get them off soon.I'm glad that you are still going to post on here @Pupowl as I love your posts & photos.
    @jessicakrall8 I'm sorry you are struggling with life at the moment.I echo @PatriceFitnessPal 's comments that you have achieved so much.Who would have thought that you would be walking 5k this time last year ! So be strong & carry on,you've got this.
    @Nataliewr0403 I hope your fur baby recovers soon.Also that your husband continues well with his recovery @LaurieWrobo .
    A friend of mine just posted this on fb thought I would share it with you.
  • Jax_Grim
    Jax_Grim Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Jax_Grim
    Sunday Weigh In
    PW: 241.4
    CW: 242.7

Step Goal 14K
    7/1 - 9881
    7/2 - 12832
    7/3 - 15352
    7/4 - 13468
    7/5 - 15326
    7/6 - 12133
    7/7 - 10721
    7/8 - 11613
    7/9 - 15672

• Jax_Grim
    Jax_Grim Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    So, just trying to geet caught back up on everything. It has been a busy week, so i've slacked on getting my steps updated. I am starting my normal commutes back to work for the first time in over 2 years. I had an echocardiogram done on my heart Friday. I'm waiting for the doctor to give me the full results. They only told me they didn't see anything that would require me to be hospitalized so at least that is positive. I also am now fully connected to a heart event monitor which is taking some getting used to. Hopefully I can start getting back on track because the weight is going the wrong direction.
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    @Jax_Grim I know what you mean about getting back to the old work patterns...going through that now as well. Change is hard...embrace it and try not to let it get you down...that's how I'm thinking of it. Glad to hear the good initial report from your doctor. Hope the coming news is positive as well. Thinking of you as you wait...

@PatriceFitnessPal That article was amazing...I've printed it so I can ponder it this week. Sorry about your dad...those memories are precious but at the same time, painful. I completely understand. I miss my Mom every day. Thank you for reminding me of sweeter times...the tears that fell in reading your kind words were needed...you are such an amazing friend. I need to exercise the same grace to myself that I give to others...

@izzyred9400 You are so right...I've come a long way. You walked that 5k with me...thank you for your companionship and kindness! Glad you had a great trip and so glad you're back!

Jessica
  • JenHul
    JenHul Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!
    I'm back from my Camping Holidays, it was so much fun.
    I'm probably really behind in my Step posting and some of them might not count for June, that's ok. I didn't have wifi where I was and it was wonderful to be "unplugged" for awhile.

June 26 Steps = 16,548
    JUne 27 Steps = 16,020
    June 28 Steps = 16,773
    June 29 Steps = 11,077
    June 30 Steps = 16,662

July Steps goal 9000 per day

July 1 Steps = 13,517
    July 2 Steps = 11,447
    July 3 Steps = 8298
    July 4 Steps = 6448
    July 5 Steps = 3975
    July 6 Steps = 4302
    July 7 Steps = 6587
    July 8 Steps = 5680
    July 9 Steps = 3912

My weigh in day is tomorrow, I missed the last two due to holidays.
    Have a wonderful day everyone!
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    n1bx52w74edw.png

vu3xb8doobdm.png
    6z56v8zu9ebm.png

Leaderboardgraphic.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    drf0y0r9zjdi.png

By Pounds
    p7qlt7b5oiqo.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    8bfsbsf332gc.png

By Pounds
    j5b0l0gfvkqy.png
    izpd95518sl7.png

Team Winners
    ic6mnu8zq0ih.png

• jessicakrall8
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS to this week's winners and to those with honorable mentions! WTG Team! Great job this week!
    Jessica
  • Walela617
    Walela617 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    SUNDAY weigh-in:
    HW: 217.0 02/29/08 (Highest) - 54 down as of 06/26/22
    PW: 162.0 06/26/22
    PW: 163.0 07/03/22 (+1.0 from 06/26)
    CW: 162.2 07/10/23 (+0.2 from 06/26)
This discussion has been closed.