Replies

• JenHul
    JenHul Posts: 375 Member
    JenHul
    Monday weigh in day
    PW= 173.8
    CW= 175.6
    LTD= -5.4

Sorry Shape Shifters, I knew I would gain after coming back from camping (darn wobbly pops) I'm back to work today, so back to schedules and routines. I should bounce back for next week no problem ;)
    Have a great week everyone!
  • bassclef
    bassclef Posts: 29 Member
    Thanks, @PatriceFitnessPal . I need to work on really good habits this week, especially with something simple as logging calories. The scale moved downward the last two weeks, but it might be water weight. If I want to continue my downward trend, I need to make a more serious effort.
  • Yukie_OP
    Yukie_OP Posts: 266 Member
    Yukie_OP
    Steps Update (goal 6k)
    7/5 - 4.252
    7/6 - 7,113
    7/7 - 6,057
    7/8 - 7,025
    7/9 - 7,353
    7/10 - 5,784

@jessicakrall8 - I hope you got a chance to rest, breathe and allowed yourself grace this past weekend to better face the new week. I love @PatriceFitnessPal's input about allowing yourself days with minimum targets...
    We all experience days where we just can't do "all the things" and it is absolutely okay & necessary to take your time, rest, & regain your focus.

uryfdv9h0tcc.png
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,099 Member
    @Yukie_OP Thank you so much for your kind words!! I try to give myself grace, but tend to be very hard on myself...

@PatriceFitnessPal Thank you for the Motivation Monday reminder! Was about to share these with the Group Challenge this week, but I think they'll work here as well...enjoy!

ng2h0mfx5g0q.png

@Susanna527 That rash looks painful...please let us know what you find out from your doctor...it looks more like an infection than a rash from heat or bug bites...poor thing...bet you're either itching, in pain or both! **BIG HUGS**

Jessica
  • CasandraW
    CasandraW Posts: 526 Member
    @Susanna527 ouch! Feel better soon
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 911 Member
    Good morning all.Its very hot here at the moment,30 degrees C !! It's not the same when you can't go in the sea to cool down !! I love the sun but when it's oppressive it's hard to exercise.Ive been walking in the evenings.
    Steps
    7/9 15,259
    7/10 15,072
    7/11 10,757
    Hope everyone is OK ?
    Happy Tuesday 🙂
    @Susanna527
    I hope you get treatment for that rash.I had a rash a while ago that the Doc thought was from a change in washing powder but I got it again whilst I was on holiday.Very strange.
  • SavageMrsMoose
    SavageMrsMoose Posts: 633 Member
    SavageMrsMoose Steps

Goal 12000

7/8 19,344
    7/9 9,784 visited my parents with my kids- no run, bike only
    7/10 15,321
    7/11 16,990 Braved the heat and ran outdoors!
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,262 Member
    Steps:
    7/9 9,281
    7/10 7,657
    7/11 4,427
    Low steps yesterday, my husband had chemo & was sick - I was exhausted & tired - it rained off and on & was humid so no walk during lunch or after dinner
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,178 Member
    Daily Step goal: 10,000
    Sun 7/10: 13,458
    Mon 7/11: 16,432
  • Yukie_OP
    Yukie_OP Posts: 266 Member
    Great step counts guys! - @Walela617, @izzyred9400, @SavageMrsMoose, @frankwbrown, @Pupowl

Hugs & payers 🙏🏼 to @LaurieWrobo

Great perspective provided in that image @Pupowl
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    PatriceFitnessPal Posts: 1,323 Member
    edited July 2022
    k0unlfy9aj3d.png

@izzyred9400 - I thought this cartoon was so cute and clever. It made me smile, but it also put a spotlight on my weakness -- turning to sweets for comfort when I'm feeling stressed! So, I thought there must be someone clever out there in the "googleverse" who has identified negative-to-positive anagrams. Of course there was! I found out there is even a special name for these flips -- Antigrams! So, your post inspired my Tuesday Tracking theme for today! :smile:
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    edited July 2022
    After reviewing the June survey responses from Shape Shifters about what motivates them, we decided to experiment with a theme for each day of the week. We'll reflect on whether you like the idea after trying it for awhile, and we can always adjust, so let us know if you have any suggestions for improvement.

Today is Tracking Tuesday with apologies to our friends in time zones where this is arriving late. The daily focus is not a rigid boundary. We can bring up topics whenever we want in our Shape Shifter discussion space; but, the idea is to motivate one another in the short-term so we can adopt positive habits in the areas we want to improve.

Tracking behavior helps us become more aware of the number of calories we consume, learn more about our nutritional balance, and find out how much energy we are using through exercise and daily activity. Some of us are tracking fiber or water intake, or working to improve our sleep and other habits that contribute to overall wellbeing.

What are you tracking? Why? What are you learning? How are you acting on what you learn?

If you have spent any time reading the MFP Success Stories, I'm sure you've seen the recommendation made by many people regarding tracking. Many of them suggest starting our health and wellness journey by tracking everything we eat with no judgement. This approach is also recommended by James Clear, author of Atomic Habits. According to researchers and anecdotal reports from MFP success stories, the first step is to capture the current status (e.g., existing behavior patterns, consulption levels, nutrition breakdown, etc.)

So, let's try to be as accurate as possible, without obsessing over it. There are a few helpful antigrams (see previous post on this) that I'm going to use this week to change my mindset while tracking the amount of fat in my diet:
    • Instead of ON THE SLY, I'm going to track HONESTLY
    • Rather than view fat as an ANTAGONIST, I'm going to incorporate healthy fat, so that I'm NOT AGAINST all fats as "bad"
    • Whenever I feel a sense of FLUSTER, I'll choose a RESTFUL or rejuvenating activity instead of turning to sweets for relief.

Do you have a favorite anti-gram (word that means the opposite when spelled in reverse) that helps you flip your mindset from negative to positive? Keep tracking, and please share what your learning! Your experiences are motivating to other Shape Shifter teammates.
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    @Susanna527 - Thanks so much for the update. I’ve been thinking of you after seeing that painful looking photo of your ankle. I’m glad to hear that your vital signs are all good and the rash isn’t something more serious. I hope you can rest your feet as much as possible and feel better soon. Did your doctor have any idea what caused the underlying problem of the inflammation? Maybe it was the heat or over exertion? I’m sending healing wishes ❤️‍🩹 for a speedy recovery!
  • PatriceFitnessPal
    edited July 2022
    @Pupowl - I saved that image to use in my work. It’s so simple, yet powerful, and really resonated with me. There are times I wish we could fill in that deep crevice with fresh water or dirt as a community. It reminds me of some of those cooperative games that accomplish a difficult task with ease when everyone contributes, working together to make it easier for each of us to climb.

@LaurieWrobo - Your empathy and caring for your husband during his chemotherapy treatments exert a lot of extra energy from you. I think resting on a rainy day seems like the perfect response.

If anyone needs an extra hand 🧗, feel free to message me directly using the friend feature. Sending healing and calming vibes to you all (e.g., for your move @jessicakrall8’s, injuries @Susanna527, @ac204, head colds and puppy recovery @CasandraW and @Nataliewr0403, and the general stress of uncertainty @Jax_Grim).

@Yukie_OP - I loved your message about unplugging!! Welcome back to everyone who enjoyed a recent get-away. I definitely need to try a Wobbly Pop @JenHul but I’m a bit afraid I won’t be able to enjoy it in moderation. 😬 A new ‘bucket list’ item for me! 😉

P.S. Keep up the great work on the steps. I admire (and envy a bit) your dedication, and appreciate you all as role models I hope to follow one of these days. Go get those steps! (Except you, @Susanna527) 😓
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,099 Member
    edited July 2022
    Shared these on today's group challenge, but I think you'll like them too!
    fismgogattq4.png

Jessica :blush:
This discussion has been closed.