Friday Cup of Joe - 7/29/2022

lowbar31
lowbar31 Posts: 6,805 Member
Pour yourself a mug of your favorite morning brew. Pull up a chair and join us for our morning roll call here on the BBB.

“You can usually tell that a man is good if he has a dog who loves him.” – W. Bruce Cameron

Replies

• lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,805 Member
    Good morning BBB Friends.
    • Graduation this evening and then a bag drag at OMG early tomorrow.
    • Of course, I'm in charge of the bag drag.
  • DocSkippy
    DocSkippy Posts: 7,240 Member
    Morning~

"Bag drag" - haven't heard that term since my military days! Haaa. Good luck with that, Dennis! How was the Senator's tours/meet and greets?

Stayed in office nearly all day yesterday. Managed to get some solo pool time later in the day (well, Miller joined me a few times. He's always good for companionship).

Had taken off today to prep for car show tomorrow - but will end up working at least part of the day. Hoping AMZ comes through on some packages.

Safe trek, Dennis. Sorry we will miss you.

SGM - hope you are still enjoying PNW coast! I'm sure pup misses you!

Cheers,
    Skip
  • manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,899 Member
    Mornin' BBB.

Hot and humid continues.
    TGIF.

BBB OP ;-)
  • louisstone
    louisstone Posts: 2,654 Member
    Good morning.
  • mcee1
    mcee1 Posts: 3,685 Member
    edited July 2022
    Good morning

Perfect weather here in Wisc.!

Weekend babysitting Ari3 and AJ1 beginning at 4pm today at their house.

Tom took me to a nice farm turned brewery, Wood fire pizza oven, farm to table place last night. Boards games and cards available you wait. Beautiful outdoor seating and flower garden.
    Very nice date !

Sad to see the flood devastation in KY

See that Tour DeFrance pile up?, yikes!

Happy graduation day Dennis, safe travels home.

Stay cool Lee!

Skip enjoy your off day!

Everyone, have a good Friday!
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 7,169 Member
    Good morning BBB friends.

Checking in from Newport, Oregon, this morning. I think I need to find a beach suitable for digging and castle building, today. Too much time driving and looking at spectacular views yesterday. Looking forward to heading back north and picking up Sassy tomorrow.
  • steplinn398
    steplinn398 Posts: 2,994 Member
    Morning BBB

Took a scenic drive yesterday. Watched the Tour de France Femme then read my book on the patio while it rained. Good day.

Can’t believe it’s Friday already.
  • LeonardRing
    LeonardRing Posts: 4,826 Member
    Good Morning,
    Board of Equalization hearing this morning, only 2 appeals
    Listening to DW cut grass, she will not allow me to
    I'm having to listen for her phone, boring
    Eye doing great, can't believe difference it made
    Kids do not appreciate scenic views, but bet they could really get into sand, water and castles plus it uses lots of energy.
    I'm no longer interested in babysitting, but enjoy Mary
  • kgmoody
    kgmoody Posts: 3,209 Member
    It’s gorgeous here in Indiana. Friends are coming over for some ribeyes on the grill. 4 ribeyes $157. Yep. I about choked. Obscene
  • Authenticity3
    Authenticity3 Posts: 1,270 Member
    WOW, Kelly! That is so expensive!!! Sheesh! A friend of mine bought 1.7# flank steak the other day for under $10 at Costco (in NC), which I thought was a steal.
    Mary, have fun with the grands! Don't hurt yourself ... my back is finally not hurting so much after 9 days with ours.

It's pretty much perfect weather here, too. I think it got to about 78 today, sunny, a really nice breeze, practically no humidity. Michigan is awesome in the summer! Not so much in February.

I've been stretched a bit thin this week with friends/members/people needing support. Within a 48 hour period starting on Tuesday night, 6 people I know lost loved ones. I'm glad they reached out, that they let me love them in that. And I'm reminded that tomorrow isn't promised, so, as Ephesians says, "make the most of every opportunity." To me, the most important, impactful thing I can do in the entire world is to love ... so I'm doing that with all I've got.

Speaking of important, I just finished a really great book called Anxious People by one of my favorite authors. He has such an unexpected prose and incredible insights into humanity! In one spot, a woman is talking about her husband, and how he always wanted grandkids because he wanted to be important. Someone asks her how that would do that, and she says that, "when you walk down the street holding the hand of a 3 year old, you are the most important person in the world." (my paraphrase) Isn't that so powerful? It's crazy how our culture, driven by advertising and media, has downplayed what really matters so much. In the end, it's not the big moments that are big. It's the little ones that are truly big. For all those people who just lost loved ones, they aren't missing the big things ... they're missing cups of coffee in the morning together and doing homework together and playing games together and hugs and music and inside jokes and holding hands and the smell of their hair.
  • manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,899 Member
    Amen Lisa.
  • mcee1
    mcee1 Posts: 3,685 Member
    I second that ....its the everyday normal that means so much. Don't take it for granted