edited July 2022
    rwillems wrote: »
    Weigh in day: Sunday
    PW: 294.6 lbs
    CW: 290.0 lbs

I hope I put this in the right place!
    User Name: rwillems
    Date July 31, 2022

You got it in the right place :) Great loss ...Congrats :)
  • RoniMo16
    RoniMo16 Posts: 9 Member
    y4inry6glz5g.png

Here is my friendly Sunday reminder of the people's steps I need for July Week 5 ...Please have them in by Tuesday night 8/2 so that I can post the results and the grand finale ... If I do not have them by then I will have no choice but to zero them out ...Thanks for your cooperation and understanding :)

@888Angie888 7/28 - 7/30
    @Morethanjustanumber 7/30
    @aactuallyaash 7/25 - 7/30
    @Eatthefruitnotthecake78 7/25 - 7/30
    @roniMo16 7/24 - 7/30

Username - RoniMo16
    Weigh in day - Sunday
    Previous weight - 222.2
    Current weight 224.0

Steps: (GOAL 11,000 a day)

Sunday - 4,479
    Monday - 6,054
    Tuesday - 6,399
    Wednesday - 5,303
    Thursday - 7,960
    Friday - 8,590
    Saturday - 9,034

Finally feeling better… and put on some weight since my COVID weight drop, as I expected. Looking to get back into my workout routine this coming week. Slowly getting my energy back.
  • red1185
    red1185 Posts: 388 Member
    Good evening everybody.
    I’m Rachel. I’m 36, a teacher, and a travel agent. I’ve been trying to lose weight for a long time - fluctuating from 130-180 for the past few years. It’s been very frustrating. It really started with getting on a medicine that makes it very difficult to keep weight off. The other reason is that I only have willpower with food some of the time. I’m trying to be better about it, but it’s a strange feeling - I enjoy food, cooking, etc…so I don’t describe it as an addiction to food, I describe my feeling as “missing out.” Idk if that makes sense.
    I have to remind myself that I can eat small
    amounts of stuff, and still feel fine - that’s where my issue really is.

My weight right now is holding steady around 170. I started out at 179.6, got down at one point to 156, and then life happened. I hit a plateau, stopped moving, COVID, and cooked a lot of high-fat foods. Now I’m trying to get back down. My doctor’s goal weight for me is 150; mine is 145.

I’m just starting back at school from a summer of vacationing at the beach - so not moving a lot. I also broke my toe, so walking is all the more frustrating now. One good thing about being at school is that I am forced to move around, so my weight tends to drop somewhat.

Anyway, welcome to all the new members. I’m still glad to be a part of this community. Everybody is so supportive!

My numbers for this week:
    PW: 170
    CW: 170

Steps:
    7/24: 2,150
    7/25: 7,614
    7/26: 7,092
    7/27: 4,305
    7/28: 6,355
    7/29: 3,854
    7/30: 1,258
    7/31: 3,157

Have a great week everybody! I will try to check in more than once a week!
  • JaysFan82
    JaysFan82 Posts: 851 Member
    edited August 2022
    SW: 388.6
    PW 309.2
    CW: 305.8

No more swimming for a month. Worked up a massive sweat on the elliptical so that'll be my exercise until the pool reopens. Had a great July and hopefully should see myself close to the 100 pound mark by the end of the month
  • NanElisaP
    NanElisaP Posts: 35 Member
    I will need to catch up and learn also some of the ways to respond here.

In the mean time - i am fairly active on my newsfeed and have few friends (as I just rejoined after several years break). I would covet your friendships if you are interested in additional accountability
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,512 Member
    NanElisaP wrote: »

In the mean time - i am fairly active on my newsfeed and have few friends (as I just rejoined after several years break). I would covet your friendships if you are interested in additional accountability

Welcome to our awesome team ... Glad to have you join us ...You are welcome to add me as a friend ...Also if you are interested in our step challenge ...just give me a step pledge that you plan on hitting daily ... and post your steps either daily or weekly ...I have a converter chart so I can convert most exercise into steps ..you don't have to be a walker to join ...I hope to see you join :)
  • aneedlecraft
    aneedlecraft Posts: 169 Member
    Intro

I go by Andi. I am married with 3 older teens and teach high school. I enjoy gardening, reading and playing games. Much of my motivation is to reduce high blood pressure and the effects of arthritis on my knees. I want to improve my stamina to keep up with my family and friends.

Current overall goals: lowering my sodium intake, moving more, and getting out of the 300s.
    For August, I will focus on increasing my activity level by being intentionally active for 5 minutes at least 4 times daily.
  • NanElisaP
    I would love to join the step challenge. My Apple watch is currently being repaired so I don't have a good counter right now as I don't always carry my phone. I'll do my best 🤣. Let's go for 8000 right now. I'll up it as I progress back into fitness

Welcome to our awesome team ... Glad to have you join us ...You are welcome to add me as a friend ...Also if you are interested in our step challenge ...just give me a step pledge that you plan on hitting daily ... and post your steps either daily or weekly ...I have a converter chart so I can convert most exercise into steps ..you don't have to be a walker to join ...I hope to see you join :)

• NanElisaP
    I truly understand this. I don't know your details, but I recovered from a huge injury last year. Walking was scary for a long time, and I am still afraid that some movements will cause me to injure it again. I also have struggled with vertigo over the last few years which caused some spills. Hugs to you.
    We are going for our 1st walk tomorrow morning ...I haven't been walking since my 4th fall on June 2nd ...I am anxious and scared

• rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Good evening all. I am sure everyone successfully navigated this weekend. One less weekend between us and Christmas. Everyone think of that and hopefully you will feel cooler in this heat.
    Check in for 7/31:
    Steps - 13131. Nice palindrome.
    Calories - 2450 or so. Forgot the last 2 digits again.
    Exercise - walk in late morning. 1 ht 37 min up and down a large hill.

Welcome to the team, everyone new. We have a great group. Feel free to ask anything.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    I truly understand this. I don't know your details, but I recovered from a huge injury last year. Walking was scary for a long time, and I am still afraid that some movements will cause me to injure it again. I also have struggled with vertigo over the last few years which caused some spills. Hugs to you.
    We are going for our 1st walk tomorrow morning ...I haven't been walking since my 4th fall on June 2nd ...I am anxious and scared

Thanks.. I have fallen 4 times while walking with my daughter and husky...I fell June 2nd and have not been out there since..I have a screw in my foot from lots of stress fractures...my ankle goes out when it wants and down I go...I have tendonitis in my knee .. my last fall did a number on my knee...it is bothering me right now so I have decided not to go walking...I will just use my pool for the month of August and see if I can go walking in September
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    We have one more new member joining our amazing team.. Please welcome @carriedavis77 :)
  • jimboden3
    jimboden3 Posts: 305 Member
    JimBoden3
    Weigh-in Day: Monday (Aug 1, 2022)
    PW: 232.3
    CW: 231.3
    SW: 240

Bit by bit, as long as the trend is my friend then I'm satisfied.
  • jimboden3
    jimboden3 Posts: 305 Member
    Let’s get to know each other!

1. Tell us a little about yourself? Hi - I'm Jim (53) and live in St. Louis, Missouri with my wife Susan of 26 years and have two adult daughters living in Columbus, OH and Indianapolis, IN with one boy in college (The Ohio State University) and our 6' 1" (baby boy) that's a junio in High School. I'm an IT Director with a very large health care company which keeps me very busy. I've suffered from insomnia for most of my life which would be less of an issue if I worked out more but I usually get on the laptop so my goal is to exercise more. We're big travelers.

2. Why are you on this journey? What pushed you to start? I wasn't happy with my appearance in in family pictures and got my 'wake up' call after hearing about someone else passing away early due an unhealthy lifestyle. I'm on track to retire early (~ 4 years) and I want to be around for a long time to enjoy retirement and eventually be a grandparent.

3. What are your triggers and how can you avoid them? Pizza, Nachos, and Moose Tracks ice cream. I never buy the stuff but my wife does so I try to make sure I eat some fruit or vegetables first to mitigate the risk of eating too much.

4. Do you have a favorite diet you go by? No specific or regimented approach - I just try to eat healthy when I can, and treat myself every now and then. No one is perfect and life is short so eating food shouldn't just be about survival or losing weight all the time.

5. What is your favorite way to workout? Walking / Hiking is #1 (I enjoy being outdoors) but rowing machine and adjustable dumbbells is next on the list. I tried to use a weighted jump rope, but it's too difficult (lack of coordination I guess)

6. What are some of your goals this month? Lose 2-3 lbs / month.

7. What do you expect to gain from the team? It's been inspiring to hear about the challenges others are taking on and it helps me realize that I can do this if I put my mind and effort into it.
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,503 Member
    cormierannie
    Weigh in day Sunday
    PW 145 pounds
    CW 144 pounds

Great loss! You keep dancing those pounds away.

Its been a rough weekend food wise. We had a family meal out, meeting with relatives not seen for a few years, whilst it was lovely to see them ive consumed way more than i meant to at the all you can eat chinese 🤦‍♀️. I have put it behind me though, and am planning a healthy week. Been busy today sorting and cleaning the house.
    Steps for the week:
    Mon 25th-7,013
    Tues-12,349
    Weds-7,580
    Thurs-12,351
    Fri-10,335
    Sat-5,020
    Sun-7,200

Those days/weekends happens. You have the right attitude with putting it behind you.
    rwillems wrote: »
    Weigh in day: Sunday
    PW: 294.6 lbs
    CW: 290.0 lbs

I hope I put this in the right place!
    User Name: rwillems
    Date July 31, 2022

Fantastic loss and an amazing way to start the challenge.

• lindamtuck2018
    JaysFan82 wrote: »
    SW: 388.6
    PW 309.2
    CW: 305.8

No more swimming for a month. Worked up a massive sweat on the elliptical so that'll be my exercise until the pool reopens. Had a great July and hopefully should see myself close to the 100 pound mark by the end of the month

Awesome loss! With your determination I definitely see you reaching your goals.

I will send you a friend request. I see you are using the quote button. You can also put an @ symbol in front of the persons username like I do in the weight reminders.
    Intro

I go by Andi. I am married with 3 older teens and teach high school. I enjoy gardening, reading and playing games. Much of my motivation is to reduce high blood pressure and the effects of arthritis on my knees. I want to improve my stamina to keep up with my family and friends.

Current overall goals: lowering my sodium intake, moving more, and getting out of the 300s.
    For August, I will focus on increasing my activity level by being intentionally active for 5 minutes at least 4 times daily.

You have to be a saint to teach high school. That’s a great idea with the intentional exercise.

rwood566 wrote: »
    Good evening all. I am sure everyone successfully navigated this weekend. One less weekend between us and Christmas. Everyone think of that and hopefully you will feel cooler in this heat.
    Check in for 7/31:
    Steps - 13131. Nice palindrome.
    Calories - 2450 or so. Forgot the last 2 digits again.
    Exercise - walk in late morning. 1 ht 37 min up and down a large hill.

Welcome to the team, everyone new. We have a great group. Feel free to ask anything.

Great job going up and down the hill.

jimboden3 wrote: »
    JimBoden3
    Weigh-in Day: Monday (Aug 1, 2022)
    PW: 232.3
    CW: 231.3
    SW: 240

Bit by bit, as long as the trend is my friend then I'm satisfied.

Nice loss!

• lindamtuck2018
    Steps: 12,883
    Exercise: 1/5

I did a total of 45 minutes in the pool yesterday. I stepped my workout up and did some laps. I had to stop and catch my breath quite a few times but I did it. The pool had a lot of kids in it so I was dodging them when working out. It’s a holiday here so I am sure it will be the same today. I am considering doing the exercise bike instead for today.
  • lindamtuck2018
    edited August 2022
  • lindamtuck2018
    Awesome job Downsizers! We made the top 3 for both week 5 and the entire month!

Congrats to our top 3! 🎉👏🎉

Week 5
    @JaysFan82
    @motivatedmom13
    @jimboden3

July
    @Eatthefruitnotthecake78
    @JaysFan82
    @MadDuck62
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    oops I forgot to add the July winners ..I apologize .. Congrats to @Eatthefruitnotthecake78 , @JaysFan82 and @MadDuck62 :)
This discussion has been closed.