Living The Lifestyle - Monday 8/1/22

Options
crewahl
crewahl Posts: 3,790 Member
Welcome to August!

This is a thread for everyone. If you're new to GoaD, or to weight loss, your questions and comments are always welcome. If you're maintaining, or a long-term loser, your thoughts on the topic may be just what someone else needs to hear. If you're reading this, join in the discussion!

Each weekday, a new topic is offered up for discussion.

Monday - crewahl (Charlie)
Tuesday – Flintwinch (Tim)
Wednesday - misterhub (Greg)
Thursday -imastar2 (Derrick)
Friday - Wildcard

Today's Topic: Morning beverage

Sitting here staring at my now-empty coffee cup got me thinking - what’s your morning beverage? Coffee, tea, water, fruit juice, soft drink? How do you take it? What is its importance to you?

Replies

• crewahl
    Options
    I’m a coffee person. It’s not a dependency; I have one cup and that’s it. It’s more about the ritual to start the day. I used Kona beans, grind them each day, use filtered water, brew at a specific temperature - all the things coffee snobs say to do. I’m not TOO much of a snob, but I’m trying to make that one cup as good as it can be.

And it gets two Splenda and one tablespoon of real cream.

Coffee done; now it’s time to walk! 😊
  • Al_Howard
    Al_Howard Posts: 7,910 Member
    Options
    I brew a 12 cup drip. Good French roast, and NO additives.
  • misterhub
    misterhub Posts: 6,189 Member
    Options
    Coffee. Black and unsweetened. On a rare occasion, an energy drink of some sort.
  • whathapnd
    whathapnd Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    English Breakfast Tea, black. Sometimes Earl Grey. (Hot.) 😊

Before dairy allergy, I added a good glug of whole milk -- never skim.
    Normally use pre-bagged tea, but occasionally I use loose leaf.

I have an electric tea kettle, and I much prefer the flavor I get with it versus microwaving the water. And it's much faster than a stove- top kettle.
  • Flintwinch
    Flintwinch Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    Tea for me. I prefer a heavier tea in the morning, something with some bite along the lines of a British breakfast tea.
  • imastar2
    imastar2 Posts: 5,942 Member
    Options
    Decaffeinated Coffee Black 12 oz cup sometimes 2 12 oz cups.
  • cakeman21k
    cakeman21k Posts: 5,848 Member
    Options
    Coffee all the way 2 cups and if it ain't Dunkin Donuts coffee somebody is going to suffer!
  • steve0mania
    steve0mania Posts: 2,940 Member
    Options
    Coffee, Dunkin' Donuts when possible. One large travel mug full. I'll often finish off a can of soda that I left overnight as well (to take my meds and have a sip of something after I run in the morning).
  • crewahl
    Options
    cakeman21k wrote: »
    Coffee all the way 2 cups and if it ain't Dunkin Donuts coffee somebody is going to suffer!

I grew up about 10 miles from Dunkin' headquarters. I like the coffee, but it seems to me it loses flavor as soon as the temperature of the coffee drops by twenty or so degrees. Anyone else find that?
  • Al_Howard
    Al_Howard Posts: 7,910 Member
    Options
    I'm a New Englander, and HATE DD coffee. McDonalds is usually ok. Prefer a strong, rich roast.
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,466 Member
    Options
    Black coffee. Importance? I’m addicted to caffeine.