Downsizers Team Chat - AUGUST 2022

Replies

• JaysFan82
    JaysFan82 Posts: 852 Member
    edited August 2022
    We are killing it this week! Great job everyone!
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    edited August 2022
    Good evening everyone. Glad my jury duty is over. Sat there all day. Ugh.
    Check in for 8/3:
    Steps - 5869.
    Calories - 2250
    Exercise - none. Daughter said no to walk after dinner so just stayed home.

@lindamtuck2018 night snacking is worst for me. I feel like I'm starving before I go to bed, even if I eat 1 hour before.
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,470 Member
    rwillems wrote: »
    Oh no! 😱 up 1 lb mid week. On vacation with the family this week and I need to be more selective with menu choices.

Did you use your normal scale or someone else’s? Different scales can give different weights. It will come off when you get back from vacation. Just be careful of your food choices.
  • lindamtuck2018
    rwood566 wrote: »
    Good evening everyone. Glad my jury duty is over. Sat there all day. Ugh.
    Check in for 8/3:
    Steps - 5869.
    Calories - 2250
    Exercise - none. Daughter said no to walk after dinner so just stayed home.

@lindamtuck2018 night snacking is worst for me. I feel like I'm starving before I go to bed, even if I eat 1 hour before.

Nights are my bad time too. It is what gets me with weight loss. So I started buying crispy mini rice cakes. I get the buttery popcorn one and it has 35 calories in each one. They are pretty bland but you get used to them. My friend even melts cheese on them but I think that would be gross. 🤢 I will have a boiled egg and a piece of fruit also. Tangelos are my new favourite. If I am still hungry I grab another rice cake. I know it’s not the healthiest snack but I can make it last over the evening and it’s not a ton of calories like when I would have chips and chocolate. I stopped having potato chips in the house. I only have one bag on the weekends. Not a family size bag or I would eat the entire thing. My husband likes to snack on sweets sometimes so he only gets things I don’t like. My dietitian was the one to suggest that.

Are you able to not bring your favourite snacks in the house? Also, I know they say not to eat right before bed but make your snack closer to bedtime. I also find by planning my snack it helps me from over snacking.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Steps: 5,216
    Exercise: 3/5

I ended up doing 23 minutes of mini walks. I am not counting it in my exercise tally because it wasn’t continuous. The good thing about mini walks it makes sure I am moving through out the day. I pretty well finished my closet yesterday. Just got to drop the donations off and move things around. Next closet to tackle is my entrance way. Off to the pool soon. Today I am doing laps and arms. I will to an extra longer stretch today.

Have a terrific Thursday!
  • lindamtuck2018
    edited August 2022
    Question:

What are your top three low calorie snacks?
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 877 Member
    Weigh Day Thursday
    PW: 224.8
    CW: 225.8
    😐 Out of town next week, but hope to make better choices.
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 877 Member
    Steps-
    8/1: 14,536
    8/2: 9,127
    8/3: 17,726
  • JaysFan82
    JaysFan82 Posts: 852 Member
    Question:

Pickles. I LOVE pickles.

I make spicy green beans quite often for a snack at night.

A cup of Life cereal with no milk. I'll eat it at my desk while I work.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,881 Member
    Question:

1. celery with peanutbutter or cream cheese
    2. 1/2 an apple with peanutbutter
    3. a handful of salted almonds (28 grams)
  • lindamtuck2018
    IP2021 wrote: »
    IP2021

Wednesday
    PW: 268.1
    CW: 267.4

At least it's a loss, but I don't get it.

I've been more active (more than 10,000 on Saturday, Sunday and Monday), stayed within my calorie budget and drank plenty of water. When I weighed myself on Saturday, my loss was greater than this morning 🤔

So even though I've been more active I've gained weight since Saturday morning.

I'll keep going of course, but it's kinda frustrating.

Did you have any high sodium meals? I can gain 3 pounds or more if I have too much sodium. I had fajitas the other day. I just used the package seasoning and put salsa on them. My weight was up the next day.

• IP2021
    IP2021 Posts: 85 Member
    IP2021

Wednesday

I've been more active (more than 10,000 on Saturday, Sunday and Monday), stayed within my calorie budget and drank plenty of water. When I weighed myself on Saturday, my loss was greater than this morning 🤔

Did you have any high sodium meals? I can gain 3 pounds or more if I have too much sodium. I had fajitas the other day. I just used the package seasoning and put salsa on them. My weight was up the next day.

To be honest I usually don't pay much attention to nutrients, such as sodium, but maybe I should take a look at that a bit more.

I just checked and some of the days where definitely a bit higher in sodium, but still within the daily limit.

I'll have to keep an eye on it, and see what happens.

Thanks for the tip!
  • lindamtuck2018
    JaysFan82 wrote: »
    Question:

Pickles. I LOVE pickles.

I make spicy green beans quite often for a snack at night.

A cup of Life cereal with no milk. I'll eat it at my desk while I work.

I like pickles but the sodium gets me. I used to eat cheerios as a snack. I will have to look at life cereal at the supermarket on Saturday.

Question:

1. celery with peanutbutter or cream cheese
    2. 1/2 an apple with peanutbutter
    3. a handful of salted almonds (28 grams)

I never thought about putting cream cheese on celery. Sounds delicious! I can’t stop at a handful of almonds.

Mine are:

1. Rice cakes
    2. Tangelo or an apple
    3. Boiled egg

• lindamtuck2018
    IP2021

Wednesday

To be honest I usually don't pay much attention to nutrients, such as sodium, but maybe I should take a look at that a bit more.

I just checked and some of the days where definitely a bit higher in sodium, but still within the daily limit.

Thanks for the tip!

One thing I noticed since they changed the app, is I can’t see the totals of fats, sodium, protein, etc. Now you have to get premium to see all that.
  • IP2021
    IP2021 Posts: 85 Member
    IP2021

Wednesday

Thanks for the tip!

One thing I noticed since they changed the app, is I can’t see the totals of fats, sodium, protein, etc. Now you have to get premium to see all that.

🤔, strange that you can't see it anymore, since I don't have premium, but I can see the totals for fats, sugars, sodium, vitamins, etc.
  • Jpedno
    Jpedno Posts: 301 Member
    Question:

1. Definitely popcorn
    2. Dry cereal if I want something kind of sweet
    3. Fruit. I love seasonal fruit. Lots of peaches in my life right now!
    4. Also tortilla chips and salsa. Although I only eat one measured serving of chips, salsa is virtually calorie free so I can pile it on.
  • rwood566
    IP2021

Wednesday

Thanks for the tip!

🤔, strange that you can't see it anymore, since I don't have premium, but I can see the totals for fats, sugars, sodium, vitamins, etc.

I can see it on my laptop but not my phone. The screen won't flip to the wide mode when I turn it.
  • rwood566
    Good evening everyone. Time for another Friday.
    Check in:
    Steps - 8207
    Calories - 2480 or so. A bit high.
    Exercise - 30 min pickleball - probably more since all 3 games were close. Gym tonight. 9 machines and 18 min walking outside.

@lindamtuck2018 I normally have dessert about 8pm and try to go to bed at 10.
This discussion has been closed.