Downsizers Team Chat - AUGUST 2022

Replies

• NanElisaP
    NanElisaP Posts: 35 Member

Question:

What are your top three low calorie snacks?

1. Canteloupe (or other fruit, I love fruit) always pre-measured so I don't go over on calories or sugar
    2. Cucumbers with tajin seasoning (I realize cucumber is technically a fruit but ... usually isn't categorized as one so ...)
    3. Slivered almonds - premeasured - I eat less but feel like it's more because they are in smaller sizes - it's a mind trick - but it works
  • NanElisaP
    edited August 2022
    @IP2021

I have this happen periodically and ultimately found out it was less about food and more about my body's own fluctuations due to hormones, etc.
    My trainer at the time suggested weighing daily for three months and keeping a diary. Through that I found that I gained for a few days during ovulation (sorry men) and then the week prior to my cycle no matter how much food was on point or exercise I did. Then I would quickly drop it a few days later, etc.

I also found that on days I overworked my body (lots of cardio, sports, new weight lifting routines) that my body would retain water (gain) while repairing the muscles.

Ultimately, he pointed at the graph and said what I really needed to focus on was the consistent downward trend during those months.

You've got this. We are here for you! There will be weeks like this but stay on point with food and you will keep losing!

• NanElisaP
    @lindamtuck2018
    I should be listed for a Saturday weigh-in but I don't see my name.
    My scale posted a mid-week weigh in earlier this week but my official weekly weigh-ins are Saturdays. It is what my original weight for the challenge was based on.

Hahaha actually - weighing in last Saturday was what prompted me to join. My official weigh in made me immediately determine I had to do something more than just be on here.
  • IP2021
    IP2021 Posts: 85 Member
    NanElisaP wrote: »
    @IP2021

I have this happen periodically and ultimately found out it was less about food and more about my body's own fluctuations due to hormones, etc.
    My trainer at the time suggested weighing daily for three months and keeping a diary. Through that I found that I gained for a few days during ovulation (sorry men) and then the week prior to my cycle no matter how much food was on point or exercise I did. Then I would quickly drop it a few days later, etc.

I also found that on days I overworked my body (lots of cardio, sports, new weight lifting routines) that my body would retain water (gain) while repairing the muscles.

Ultimately, he pointed at the graph and said what I really needed to focus on was the consistent downward trend during those months.

You've got this. We are here for you! There will be weeks like this but stay on point with food and you will keep losing!

Thanks for the tip. This actually makes sense 😊

I'll try to do the same and weigh every day for a while and see what happens 👍
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,501 Member
    rwood566 wrote: »
    Good evening everyone. Time for another Friday.
    Check in:
    Steps - 8207
    Calories - 2480 or so. A bit high.
    Exercise - 30 min pickleball - probably more since all 3 games were close. Gym tonight. 9 machines and 18 min walking outside.

@lindamtuck2018 I normally have dessert about 8pm and try to go to bed at 10.

Try eating closer to bed time and see if that helps.
  • lindamtuck2018
    @lindamtuck2018
    I should be listed for a Saturday weigh-in but I don't see my name.
    My scale posted a mid-week weigh in earlier this week but my official weekly weigh-ins are Saturdays. It is what my original weight for the challenge was based on.

Hahaha actually - weighing in last Saturday was what prompted me to join. My official weigh in made me immediately determine I had to do something more than just be on here.

I post the reminders a day before so Saturday weigh ins will be posted today. I have you on the list.
  • lindamtuck2018
    IP2021 wrote: »
    @IP2021

Thanks for the tip. This actually makes sense 😊

I'll try to do the same and weigh every day for a while and see what happens 👍

I use the app happy scale for tracking my weight. I never thought to mention cycle weight gain. I think as a 58 year old I have blocked that out. 😂 There are so many things that can cause weight fluctuations. Even a sunburn can cause water retention in some people.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Steps: 11,413
    Exercise: 4/5

Busy day today. I am going to exercise soon and then coffee with friends. This afternoon I am going to get blood work done for my diabetic check and for my rheumatologist. If my A1C is still good this time I think the doctor will push my check ups to every 6 months instead of 3. In September, I will be one year insulin free.

Yesterday, the plus size store had a really good sale. I wanted a pair of blue jeans. I swim in my 18’s and my 16’s are loose. I ordered a 14. I think even if they are snug I will keep them and aim to get into them by the fall. I got such a good deal. I decided it’s time to stop wearing things that are too big for me. I still wear my 2x shirts and I need to be wearing an x. I spent the last 30 years dressing to hide my weight it’s hard to change that mindset. Anyone else find it hard to switch to more form fitting clothes?

Happy FriYAY!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Weigh Day Thursday
    PW: 224.8
    CW: 225.8
    😐 Out of town next week, but hope to make better choices.

Will you be weighing in while away?
  • chrissyinbloom
    chrissyinbloom Posts: 64 Member

Friday Weigh In

Chrissyinbloom
    PW 225.3
    CW 222.6

SW 242.2
    Total Loss 19.6

Getting out of the funk I was in last week. Spoke to my doctor and she made me feel better because she is so understanding. She upped my Effexor temporarily and that has helped as well.
    I finally got an appointment with a therapist to help me deal with all my mental baggage. My weight is really the thing that drove me to seek therapy again. I have to stop using food as a tool to relieve anxiety & depression. I don't want to be like my parents, diabetes, heart disease, cirrhosis from a fatty liver, and depressed. :'(
  • tahm42
    tahm42 Posts: 4,744 Member
    edited August 2022
    I like egg whites, frozen berries ( black or blue), and frozen bananas dipped in dairy free dark chocolate. There is also 3 wishes high protein cereal.

He guys I am still around but I am in a muscle building phase so I am moved to support. As of the 1st I have 1183.5 miles of my 2022 mile goal this year. Hopefully I will be able to build without too much of a gain but not likely. I have been hitting goal the past week, Yay! My gram goal is 170 to 200. Most of my calories. My coach says 1 gram per pound of body weight... 220 -230 is all of my calories. So no, I have adjusted my goal. Eating that much meat could also damage my kidneys so no thank you. Most days I hit 178. Rarely do I do 200. I am also adjusting my calories to BMR plus activity. If my burn is high and I am hungry I will add to my plan. There is no shame in adapting your plan.
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Rwood566
    PW: 229.8
    CW: 230.2. +0.4 lb
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 869 Member
    Weigh Day Thursday

Could I weigh Wednesday instead of Thursday? I was tempted to skip...but I could probably use the accountability.🙂
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,512 Member
    Megan_smartiepants1970
    Weigh-in Day- Friday
    PW: 174.0
    CW: 173.2 ( loss 0.8 lbs)
    LTD: 95.8
  • Steps: 10,973
    Exercise: 3/5

PW 194.2
    CW 195.2

The gain wasn’t as bad as I feared. The scales asked me if it was my weight as there was such a big drop from the day before. Monday and Tuesday my weight was over 200. I moved my weigh day to Wednesday from Friday for a change. My reasoning for Friday weigh in went back to my WW days. I went with a friend and we figured Friday weigh in gave us time to recover from a weekend indulgence. 😆

No pool today. I slept in and there are some things I have to get done around the apartment before my doctors appointment after lunch. Yesterday I did laps and legs. My lap time is way down but I am sure it will improve in the next few weeks. For today, I am going to get some mini walks in to ensure I get my 4K steps.

Same reason i weigh in on Fridays 😄
  • SW - 180
    PW- 167
    CW-166
    A small loss, but going in the right direction so im happy. Ive been good with diet this week but haven't done any exercise aside from walking, need to sort that for the coming week.
  • Question:

30g almonds or walnuts-really keeps hunger and cravings at bay.
    Low fat Greek yoghurt with strawberries
    2 squares lindt 70% dark chocolate 😋
  • lindamtuck2018
    Weigh Day Thursday

Could I weigh Wednesday instead of Thursday? I was tempted to skip...but I could probably use the accountability.🙂
    You sure can.
This discussion has been closed.