Monthly Post for August 2022

Options

Replies

• KateNkognito
    KateNkognito Posts: 1,523 Member
    Options
    @Meghan509 I know I made a post that said Happy birthday to your BF! Happy Birthday to him!
    @MelodiousMermaid I hope you had a great vacation!
    Today was the first day of school. I remember why I love my job. :)
  • Meghan509
    Meghan509 Posts: 1,964 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

Awww, thanks @KateNkognito BF had a great birthday and nice day! We had nice weather and a relaxing day working remotely. :)

Congrats on first day of school! Sounds like it went well! Woo hoo! I was hearing on the news today how there is a teacher shortage around the US. :(

Not a whole heck of a lot going on here, which is fine by me. Work was busy yesterday but today it has leveled off. Off to go grab some more water.

Hope you have a great day and see you real soon!

• KateNkognito
    Options
    My mother-in-law had a massive heart attack last night and passed away this morning. I haven't slept in almost 40 hours. But I just realized I fasted for about the last 24 hours (except for the insane amount of diet Mt Dew I had)
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Hello,

Oh no, @KateNkognito I am so so sorry. I am thinking of you and your family. May your Mother In Law rest in peace. <3

Thinking of you.
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning,

Thinking of you and your family, @KateNkognito

Doesn't feel right talking about anything else, during a time of loss.

<3
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Thanks, Meghan. I took the day off and slept. She was 90 and went on her terms. It was sudden, but not unexpected. I think we are all getting our feet under us. She wanted to be cremated, so the service won't be for a while.

How's everyone doing? Tell me something good.
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning.

Sending much love @KateNkognito 90 years old is an awesome full life. <3

Doing well here. Couple of positive things to share!

Beautiful weekend on tap with still no rain expected (my poor plants)... Planning to have my BF's friend over on Sunday. He has been riding his motorcycle across the country (originated in California) and coming our way this weekend. Looking forward to that! The weather should be nice so maybe a little BBQ on the patio.

My sister and husband down in Florida had a new roof installed on their home yesterday for free! Their insurance company paid for it. My sister said they also paid off the rest of their mortgage recently. She is almost 36 and he is almost 41 and the have two kids and their own business. They had maybe purchased the home five years ago at most. So happy for them.

My little nephew started third grade last week and loves it! She said they have a good teacher.

Hope you have a good rest of the day and week and a nice weekend. Speak to you soon!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Went back today. My students missed me. Love 'em! Looking forward to a nice weekend. I think I will be really productive and do my laundry while I watch Netflix. :D

@Meghan509 That is a whole lotta good news!! Sounds like a great weekend for you guys! And that is great about your sister's house. It is a great feeling to get the house paid off. :)

A friend stopped by this evening and we ended up going to eat at Subway. She is a hoot. I worked with her a few years ago and we still get together every so often. Fun times.

I am going to put my feet up and enjoy my evening.
  • MelodiousMermaid
    MelodiousMermaid Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Hello @Meghan509 and @KateNkognito . Finally getting around to posting. Travel weight plus eating at maintenance gave me a notable scale jump last weekend and I didn't feel like posting with a case of the grumpies (I know it was water/digestion weight, but still couldn't shake it for whatever reason).

So sorry to hear of your loss, Kate. It is good to hear she lived a long, full life.

So I'm kinda stuck since I got back. I wasn't prepared for the return to home and it was a test that I failed. I've had a really hard time with fasting and eating in general this week. I did do well enough on a couple of days that by the numbers, my week should have been about a 0.6 lb fat loss, so I need to get my attitude in order, because that is a good outcome, especially with everything I was fighting. It is hard seeing a higher number on the scale though, and it's frustrating knowing that I left 1.5-2 lbs of fat loss on the proverbial table, pushing my future achievements back. I really need to let that go, though, and give myself grace. Easier said than done, but hopefully I can make baby steps and keep from backsliding. I have to remember that the last is the most important part, as this needs to be about a new set of habits and processes that will keep things from being out of control in the longer term.

Anyway, TL;DR is that I'm fighting myself, but generally making progress. Looking to become friends with fasting again moving into the new week.
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Been a busy and productive morning but all good!

Our friend ended up changing his plans, so now he is coming this coming weekend and will spend the night Saturday and we will have brunch on Sunday.

@KateNkognito hope you had a much deserved relaxing weekend. Your get together with an old friend sounds fun!

@MelodiousMermaid hang in there. I totally understand about not wanting to post when you are having a tough time. The ups and downs can be rough, especially when you feel you should be down when you are not. The scale always causes me stress. I try and weigh in once a week on Fridays and keep female stuff in mind too and that helps. Head high, you go this.

Well, my PC is being a pain so I need to shut down and restart. Sigh. Going to sign off and do this now.

See you soon!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Happy Monday!? It's been a long week already! LOL I learned two things: I am not patient enough to wait 3.5 minutes for my lunch to cook and the little cup of noodles and sauce at the store is really good and really filling. Also, I was kinda hangry today.
    Back later to say more. Must go make copies.
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Too funny, @KateNkognito 3.5 minutes can be a lifetime when you are hangry!! LOL

Things are good here. Can't really complain. The weather is still really hot, humid and annoying. We are in such a drought here that the leaves are already falling off the trees. They shouldn't be doing that for another couple of weeks in this area. Sigh...

Just had my Kind Breakfast Protein bar and I really have to say they make me feel full and satisfied for quite a while. I likey.

Going to get back to my projects here. Have a good day!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    We'll, I never made it back here yesterday. Good news on the weight loss/fasting front: I am slowly losing weight. Very slowly. I skip breakfast almost every day. So I am back to 18:6 again. Not my favorite fasting protocol, but apparently it is working for me right now. I think if I track what I eat during the 8, I will lose faster.
    @Meghan509 I have noticed some trees losing leaves a bit earlier this year, too.
    @MelodiousMermaid Just keep swimming! Imperfect progress is still progress.
    Must go set up for my next class. Have a good one y'all!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Just one of those days today. Totally NOT feeling it! At least traffic was easy this morning. Would rather be home in my more comfy clothing, sleeping in a little later. Sigh... My boss is getting new office furniture today in to tomorrow, so I have to go and empty out her filing cabinet. just not feeling it...

@KateNkognito happy to hear about your weight loss! I like 18:6 a lot when I was home during the lock down. When I am in the office, my coworker promptly shows up each day to sit and have lunch by 12:30pm which makes things a little difficult. Lately I just eat my little breakfast protein bar because that is what I am craving lately. Fasting will be there when I am ready.

Hope you have a good day. See you soon.
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    @Meghan509 I hope tomorrow is better!
    People are a pain today. I have been grumpy. Going to watch a Christmas movie or something. Grr.
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Today is okay. LOL Could be better.

Today the furniture guys showed up at the crack of dawn to deliver and install the new furniture for our office. Have to do it early or late, per our office landlord's guidelines. All the proper access was submitted but the guys still had to hang around and wait for 30 minutes. I was getting ready for work and they are calling my work cell asking to be let in. UGH. Our office landlord or security was supposed to let them in. I sent an email this morning to the landlord to ask what happened. Still waiting a response.

Alright, been sitting here on this page in draft mode for way too long. Let me run and I will see you guys soon!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Friday Eve! I really need a weekend. Meghan, it sounds like you do too. 6 more school days then a long weekend.
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Friday Eve is the best saying, ever! :D

Happy Friday! Weeee!

Yes, yesterday was one of those days. Sigh... I got an apology from our office landlord for not letting the office furniture delivery guys upstairs when they should have. ;)

I am with you, @KateNkognito looking forward to having an extra day off for Labor Day weekend!

Supposedly our friend visiting from CA via his motorcycle is coming this Saturday in to Sunday. Fingers crossed. I like company and entertaining. :)

Nice weather on tap due to zero rain lately. Just trying to enjoy the last bit of summer!

Have a great weekend and see you soon!!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    We are supposed to have much nicer weather for the next week. Looking forward to not cooking while I have bus duty in the afternoon.

@Meghan509 Enjoy your weekend and entertaining!

I am going to go get all wild and crazy and clean house and do laundry. Then I am really going to ramp it up with Netflix and sewing. I know, everyone is jealous. :D Have a lovely weekend!
  • MelodiousMermaid
    MelodiousMermaid Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Hi @Meghan509 and @KateNkognito , hope the weekend is proving to be a good one for you both. Meghan, hope your friend was able to arrive safely and that you're having fun, and Kate, hope that you were able to have a very productive day!

This weekend is more on the quiet side, which I'm totally ok with. Got a ton of groceries (ok, that was an exaggeration), but I'm hoping that other than a quick stop for some produce or maybe a bit of fancy cheese, I'll not need to really shop for a few weeks.

Fasting went reasonably well this week. Or as well as it could as far as Wednesday was concerned... it was a tad on the miserable side as I tried to make it through a splitting headache, but I was able to stick to the schedule, so it's a win. Fasting is going to be my best buddy ever this coming Wednesday, as my daughter and I are going to be helping with a fundraiser for her marching band at a local pizza buffet place, and I totally plan to indulge. They have basic calorie/macro info available online so I've pre-planned it and while it won't be the fasting day I'd normally have (low cal), the timing of the fasting will help me keep the overall day's totals in line at or below maintenance. I'm really looking forward to this success!

Despite the hiccups I had after coming back from my trip, getting back into the fasting routine has showed me that I didn't give up too much ground, so I've been able to set some of the thoughts of my prior post to rest. And also (and more importantly) that it's a tool I can always come back to with success, even if I have a break from it.

Anywho, that's the big stuff from this week. I'll probably see you next weekend in the new month's post!