Options
steve0mania
steve0mania Posts: 2,940 Member
Yo. How'd you do?

Replies

• steve0mania
    steve0mania Posts: 2,940 Member
    Options
    I'm down 1.2 pounds this week. It's nice to see the scale moving. I've said recently that each week's weigh-in really reflects my efforts from two weeks ago, and I think there's some truth to that. Indeed, I've expanded my view to encompass a bit more:

Weight loss reflects how you followed your plan two weeks ago, while weight gain reflects what you did two days ago. In other words, as we all know, it's much easier to gain weight, but much harder to lose weight, and there's a level of asymmetry to the process.

Anyway, my plan is to keep on keeping on. This upcoming week will be more of a challenge as I'll be out of town and likely to be eating out at a few of my favorite kosher restaurants while away. As such, I'll make an easy prediction. I'll be up in weight next Friday, and it'll be three more weigh-ins until I start seeing losses again. I hope I'm wrong, but this would go along with my current viewpoint.

182/138.8/146
  • imastar2
    imastar2 Posts: 5,942 Member
    Options
    Down 5.4 lbs this week. I'm still in my reset phase since July 15th. Down 23.2 lbs in 5 weigh ins. Average of 4.72 lbs a week. I know 2lb is the safe range bit I've got a whole lot of different factors going on medically that a healthy person doesn't have.

So with that said on to another week.
  • Al_Howard
    Al_Howard Posts: 7,907 Member
    Options
    Didn't get to WW this week. Our dog was sick, so vet visit. She's better now, but we'll go next week. At home I'm about the same. Maintenance is hard.😆
  • crewahl
    crewahl Posts: 3,790 Member
    Options
    Weight loss reflects how you followed your plan two weeks ago, while weight gain reflects what you did two days ago. In other words, as we all know, it's much easier to gain weight, but much harder to lose weight, and there's a level of asymmetry to the process.

Steve - congrats on the loss. I love the summary that “there’s asymmetry to the process”.

Another ho-hum week on the journey back to goal. The official report from my Thursday evening weigh-ins shows that I didn’t gain, and I didn’t lose - exactly 191.0 for each week.

The reality from my daily weigh-in at home?

0zkosrx5anfl.jpeg

Well, last Thursday I weighed 190.4 in the morning and 191.0 at WW in the evening. This Thursday, I weighed 190.0 in the morning, and 191.0 at WW in the evening. Pretty uneventful - except for everything that happened in between.

Last Thursday after weigh-in, I had a collision with some Nutrageous bars. Man, those things are good! Combine that with my usual more indulgent post weigh-in dinner, and I was up to 193.8 at home on Friday morning. Saturday dinner out - a salad with shrimp! - and I started Sunday morning at 198.2. Followed my normal weekday habits, and ended up Thursday morning this week at 190.0, down 0.4 from a week ago - but flat at the WW scale at 191.0. This morning, down another 0.6 to 189.4 after my usual more indulgent post weigh-in dinner last night.

I’m hearing The Moody Blues in the background singing, “isn’t life strange? A turn of the page can read like before. Can we ask for more?” (I know; now you’re gonna hear that all day. You’re welcome.)

On the plus side, it’s three weeks in a row without a gain, which feels less like a roller coaster than usual. I can sort of feel myself gearing up to make it a dedicated push back to goal - setting aside the trip to Kansas next weekend to see Alan Jackson on his last tour as a performer.
  • whathapnd
    whathapnd Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options

Weight loss reflects how you followed your plan two weeks ago, while weight gain reflects what you did two days ago.

I agree with this.

My weigh-in showed me up .6 for the week despite having another good week,of tracking and eating in a deficit. Because I wondered if last week's two pound loss was influenced by a stomach bug, I decided to weigh every day this week. For most of the week, I was down an additional .8 pounds. But Fridays weigh-in came in at .6 above last week. I'm pretty sure this was due to a late dinner the night before weigh-in.

I'm sticking with the same plan for the upcoming week, but I did find myself getting a little sloppy with tracking in real time. For now, I need to record immediately, so I don't forget things.

Have a great weekend!