New Senior Member

Options
I’m 70 and 240 lbs. My Dr. Suggested a low carb diet and to try My Fitness Pal app. So I’m slowly acquainting myself to the diet and app, would appreciate any help, advice or encouragement. Exercise is where I am restricted it will definitely have to be low impact. Most likely walking will be it and even that will have to be integrated a short distance at a time. But I want to do this to lose some weight and be more active. Thank you all in advance.

Replies

• JeniPie2017
    JeniPie2017 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I’m 75 and at 233, same boat of minimal ability to exercise, bad knees. Just joined again today, time to do a reset on my relationship with food, carbs in particular! Wishing you success!
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,954 Member
    Options
    welcome welcome!

Feel free to join our challenge thread for August anytime. That's where our active regulars post most often. Def ask questions!

At the top of the group's page is a link to the Launchpad, a library of FAQs and Open Thread on commonly asked topics. You should check those out.
  • Oppaloopa
    Oppaloopa Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hello welcome I am 73 and weight 298 lost 45 pounds doing low carb with intermittent fasting
  • DLSTQ
    DLSTQ Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have a friend in her 60's who weighs 280 and has bad knees. She does some chair exercises for 20 minutes per day. It's really making a difference for her.
  • peiotter
    peiotter Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I am 68. I have lost 40 lbs using 18/6 intermittent fasting. Going to 2 meals a day has reduced calories and not snacking has allowed insulin levels to go down. I eat healthy but am not terribly strict about it.