Introduction Thread (please tell us who you are:)

Options

Replies

• gzimmermann3855
    gzimmermann3855 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi! I’m Garth, 66 and happily retired. I find myself stuck at 320 lbs. for over a year after losing 22. Hoping to find new motivation to at least get to 300lbs, which my heart would appreciate!
  • JDSandling91
    JDSandling91 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey! I’m Joe, 30 from Notts in the UK! I’ve been big for the majority of my life - getting married to my partner of 7 years in October - but looking to make healthy choices and change my life forever, not just for one big day. On a calorie deficit, weight training and cycling - open to new friends, so say hi!
  • colossal_katy
    colossal_katy Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Katy, 30, 6"0', bi/pan, engaged, and live in San Diego. I'm now at 351lbs and terrified because I've never been this big before and don't want to continue to gain.
  • richardholt2011
    richardholt2011 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Richard from London and not feeling so great, because i am starting to get serious health issues from my weight, plus i am pretty overwhelmed with other stuff. Hoping that maybe i can get the support and motivation on here that doesn't come from elsewhere.
  • adamb83
    adamb83 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Hello! How we all doing? Who’s active and looking to connect?
  • Philiose
    Philiose Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello, all, and I can't tell you how happy I am to find a safe place to share. My name is Christina, I'm officially a senior now, and I have the extra inches around the waistline to prove it. I would like to lose around fifty pounds, which seems like a daunting goal right now.
  • GayLittleMagpie
    GayLittleMagpie Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi y'all!

My name is Jade (she/her), I'm Canadian and in university. Dealing with depression and anxiety, stress eating, and a whole lot of schoolwork, lol!

I am 21, lesbian, asexual, and either demiromantic or aromantic.

I tried Noom but that's a lot of money for a university student. I like cats, art, anime, music, and science, and I speak French and play the violin!

Good to meet you, and here's to losing weight successfully and healthily!
  • eamcguire67
    eamcguire67 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi y’all

My name is Liz (she/her). I am from Alabama. (No, not originally.). I have been out for 26 years. My wife and I are working to gain control over our weight.

I need hip surgery (bone-on-bone), but I am considered morbidly obese for my height. I am 270. I put back on 70 pounds after having ankle surgery two years ago when I became less mobile due to complications.

In December, I was diagnosed with lupus after having my gallbladder last April. Now it is difficult for me to loose weight.

I started working with a nutritionist to try to help, but I am overwhelmed as I have not lost any weight in a week while actively working to stay on the plan.

Just wanted to log on for support….

Good to meet you all.
  • Jack_mc
    Jack_mc Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hello,

My name is jack, back after some time. Several years ago i had some success, however it didn't go to plan. Gay, cis male from UK.

eoosyyjvbb0d.png

Now to start again, wanting friends to help support and cheer on each others wins.

Please add me!
  • Caliri24
    Caliri24 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Andrew, I'm living in Los Angeles. My main goal is to work on body composition (building muscle and losing fat) and focus on nutrition. I got thrown off track from my fitness goals thanks to COVID and getting into a new relationship (no one talks about how much weight you can gain going on dates!). Now that things are coming back to relatively normal with COVID and I'm happily settled into my relationship I'm finally back to focusing on my fitness and lifestyle goals! I was glad to find this community, I love LGBTQ+ people supporting other LGBTQ+ people ❤️
  • TheRealJohnnyDelWalker
    Options
    I’m Johnny (gay). I’m from Southern California originally but have been living in Las Vegas for the past 10 years.

6’1” and around 195lb +/-. My goal is to stay active, more or less maintain my weight, eat well, and connect with other like minded people that are focused on improving their lives (in a judgement free environment).

Nice to meet everyone!

• tombessa
    tombessa Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Born in 1987, Brazilian guy, Gay, systems analyst, I love the beach, soccer, snooker and gym. I'm currently overweight (10kg ~ 22lb), but I'm looking for inspiration here to lose them.
    Fell free to add me and get in touch.
  • mattlegere7
    mattlegere7 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My name is Matt Legere and I live in Southern New Hampshire with my husband and our 4 children. Between the stress of coming out of the closet a few years ago and having 3 back surgeries, I have put on some weight and my goal is to get down to something for sustainable. Currently at 273 and phase 1 goal is 210.
  • supercpa999
    supercpa999 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome everyone. I tried to send you all friend requests, in case I missed you, please send me a message and I will send you a request.
  • Kaledarniel
    Kaledarniel Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello all! I'm Kale they/them - Nonbinary Lesbian. I'm here to get to a more healthy state of being, I am currently obese and would like to increase my exercise and lose weight to improve my joint and heart health.
    Just want to be in a community free of lgbt-phobia and to be able to uplift and support others in my community <3
  • supercpa999
    Options
    Great, welcome, I sent you a friend request Kale:)
  • DreahDriver
    DreahDriver Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Dreah (they/them, but lately I don't mind he/him). I'm non-binary, AFAB and on the more masculine side of the spectrum (or at least I'm trying to be.)

I have been vegan for nearly 8 years, and have been married to a wonderful partner for almost a decade, who has been very supportive of my self-discoveries in the past 18 months or so. We also have 3 teen boys, two silly dogs, and two fish.

I'm trying to lose some body fat (femininely curves, specifically) and gain muscle, so I really need some accountability to do that. I also want to just be healthy in general, as I have some chronic health issues that make it difficult to work out consistantly.

I have gone hard on a few different programs in the last 5 years or so, but then I burn out and don't stick with it, so I'm trying out a more moderate slow and steady approach at this point.

Feel free to say hello or let me know if you have any tips or questions.
  • supercpa999
    Options
    @DreahDriver
    Welcome. I am sending you a friend request so we can encourage each other:)
  • EzraTellington
    EzraTellington Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Ezra, non-binary (they/them) and transmasc (I've been on T for 6 months now). I'm also, uh, bisexual I guess?

I'm French, 30 (31 in December), a teacher librarian, an ADHDer and a creative type.

I've been steadily gaining weight for fifteen years despite being skinny as a child. I kinda suffer from binge eating disorder, but I have it under control now (though it wasn't the case for most of these fifteen years). So here I am trying to lose a little weight (say, a little less that 50lbs? I'm at 244 right now) but also get in better physical shape and gain muscle to masculinize my silhouette (I'm also in the process to get top surgery, probably next year?).

Hit me up if you wanna be friends!
  • supercpa999
    Options
    @EzraTellington welcome Ezra, I will sens you a friend request and look forward to supporting you on your journey!