Who is fasting to get their deficit?

Options
Metaboliccoach
Metaboliccoach Posts: 11 Member
Who is fasting to get their deficit? I’m looking to support others or support each other. Who’s with me? I’ve been Olympic lifting for five years and I’ve cycled through many diets lately to see which way was going to be the best for me since Olympic lifting is anaerobic and the fuel used to Wakesurf is different. I’ve decided to go back to low-carb which I did for at least five years so fasting seems to be the way to go for me. Is anyone else drinking ketones anyone else want to partner up to support each other?
I’m a certified fitness nutritionist specializing in strength and conditioning as well. I’ve been coaching for a little while now couple of years for Nutrition and go to my goal weight but then I thought I would like to cycle through some different phases to build muscle and I’ve built about 26 pounds of muscle in the last two years so I’m doing something right for sure but sometimes you doubt yourself and it’s nice to have Supported or maybe you need some coaching and I can get you to your goal

Replies

• baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,954 Member
    Options
    I do IF. Fast until about 2:30pm.
  • Naija82
    Naija82 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I’m currently doing IF, vary between 16-21hrs of fasting and also low carb. I want to do longer fasts once I am fully adapted to this fast but right now my energy levels are not so great.
  • 2t9nty
    2t9nty Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    I am keto and do not eat between 7 PM and 7 AM. I realize that is a pretty lame IF by most standards, but it is what I do.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,954 Member
    Options
    2t9nty wrote: »
    I am keto and do not eat between 7 PM and 7 AM. I realize that is a pretty lame IF by most standards, but it is what I do.

well if it works, it works.
  • gsp90x
    gsp90x Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    2t9nty wrote: »

Dude! That is still intermittent fasting. Good on you! I've been away from all forms of "diet" for way too long and 12 hours seems like a mountain right now so give yourself credit. :smile:
  • beccaboo1276414
    beccaboo1276414 Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    I do daily IF, a minimum of 12 hours to 15 hours. I do it to control my blood glucose. I've been gluten free since 2012, which really helped me lose weight, and lower carb for a few years now. I went from 345 pounds to 222 pounds. I am thrilled that I've kept off the weight.
  • ellen2428
    ellen2428 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am doing my first fast since spring. I am dying.. it’s like an alcoholic.. I logged in looking for support..
  • 2t9nty
    2t9nty Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    ellen2428 wrote: »
    I am doing my first fast since spring. I am dying.. it’s like an alcoholic.. I logged in looking for support..

How did things end? Did you complete the fast successfully?