cooking the same type of food and new recipes. Bored

Options
I'm new and recently lost 14 pounds and gain it back. I need different ways to cook low carb food and need to lose a lot of weight. Joining this group I feel this will help motivate me and keep a positive attitude of eating healthy. Over 60 and want to eat healthy and being the person I use to be. Doesn't like going out because of the way I look in my clothing. Mainly in the stomach area is the biggest. Waiting to hear and listen to others

Replies

• PurplePenguinnn
    PurplePenguinnn Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Good morning. You know all those meal plans you can buy that have it all counted out for you? Well I bought a bunch of containers and started measuring out the amount of calories I want for each meal. For me it is about 200. Then I freeze the meals and grab them out when it is time to eat. which I do roughly every two hours. If something is high in calorie and I can only have a little of it I add vegs ex. romaine lettuce, pickle or broccoli to make it more filling. I make what I call a brk fritta. roasted veggies chopped up after cooked add eggs cook till almost done on med. flash it under the broiler for 3 min and I have enough breakfast for 6 to 10 days. dish it out and freeze it. Sorry rambling.. anyway nvr hungry. and I have lost 47 pds.
  • GinLee61
    GinLee61 Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options

I find tons of recipes at https://www.skinnytaste.com/. Some are low carb, some are not, but you may find some recipes that appeal to you or some that you could change to make them lower carb. I've liked most of the recipes that I have tried from this site. I usually end up making a few substitutions and I always import the recipes into the MFP recipe builder to get the calorie and macro counts.

I don't do low carb but I am following a reduced carb eating plan, which equates to about 40% of my daily calories from carbs. I will be 61 soon and since January I have lost just shy of 50 lbs through my dietary changes and exercise.
  • Carollee24
    Carollee24 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you have found some things that work for you. I just began this after having a mild heart attack this past Monday. My cardiologist wants me to eat better and get in some activity. So I guess it is time for me to get moving on this and just get it done. I am 75 years old and I need to loose an abundance of weight. Maybe 90 lbs. to become more healthy. I know that eating better is and eating less along with activity will get the job done. So I do hope to follow your lead and try these new recipes. I do hope we can be friends. Blessings, Carol
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,574 Member
    Options
  • kmbtrigger24
    kmbtrigger24 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I just got done looking up skinnytaste.com
    WOW I am so excited, there is so many recipes and you can look them up in MFP and they are in there! so exciting!!