Ninja Creami low carb recipes?

Options
tru2one
tru2one Posts: 298 Member
Hi all! I was (impulse) shopping recently, and since I'd been craving something cold, sweet, and low carb all summer long, decided to pull the trigger and buy this contraption. Every other attempt at a decent low carb ice cream has been less than successful for me in the past, so I was hoping this appliance would prove to be the Holy Grail in keto/low carb ice cream wanna-be bliss. So far? Not so much. ;-) I've found a couple of different recipes online and have given them a go, but haven't landed on anything that knocks my socks off yet. Posting to see if anyone has had any Ninja Creami success stories, or knows of a good recipe I can try to adapt to work in this machine. TIA!!

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,393 Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    not sure if she is using a machine ... but I have made her recipes for ice cream...they came out delicious
    https://www.wholesomeyum.com/?s=ice+cream+recipes+'
  • tru2one
    tru2one Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Megan_smartiepants1970...Thank you! I will give one of these a try. I'm thinking that the sweetener used is critical to getting proper texture and sweetness. Just need to experiment with a few different ones. Looks like she uses an allulose blend, which is one I haven't tried yet. Thanks again!
  • taylok23
    taylok23 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    If you lean toward a more sorbet or fruity craving, try frozen bananas and berries. The bananas become very smooth and sweetener isn’t really needed.
  • tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    This my go to site for keto and low carb recipes. In this link she has both churn and non-churn recipes.
    alldayidreamaboutfood.com/#search/q=ice%20cream
  • gsp90x
    gsp90x Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    https://ketogenicwoman.com/category/recipes/

has several recipes and she uses this ninja thingy. She really likes it. She also has a YouTube channel of the same name. Very down to earth always trying to make things affordable and even though her name is ketogenic she cycles through several different ways of eating so seems to be doing lots of experiments to find affordable options based on different WOE. I have tried her eggfast ice cream in my traditional ice cream maker. I love it when it is first finished because it is like an amazing soft serve. However, I omit sweeteners (and obs don't use sugar) so once frozen it is FROZEN! Like gotta nuke it for 15 seconds first frozen. BUT in her ninja and using her exact ingredients it seems to be quite creamy. Honestly, I love her versions better than store bought and I am quite an ice cream snob. :wink: