Tuesday Cuppa Joe: 9.13.22

Options
DocSkippy
DocSkippy Posts: 7,037 Member
Pour yourself a mug of your favorite morning brew. Pull up a chair and join us for our morning roll call here on the BBB.

“.. he tried to be a good person! Though he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn’t a dog..” Charles M. Schultz (Snoopy)

Replies

• DocSkippy
    DocSkippy Posts: 7,037 Member
    Options
    All in all - a good first week for FF! Sitting in a good spot!

Have a safe trek, Dennis!

Had to come to office this morning. Traffic already b2b at 0530. Ugh.

Hoping to shoot out early and work from home remainder of day. We'll see.

Here's to an OP day.

Skipper
  • manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,699 Member
    Options
    Mornin' BBB.

That is insane traffic for that hour, Skip. I couldn't do it.
    My FF team made a good effort but we lost due to an amazing game by Josh Allen on my opponent's team.

Be OP ;-)
  • lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB Friends.
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,963 Member
    Options
    Good morning gentlemen.

Loved watching Seahawks upset the Broncos last night. Real football - and baseball - is enough for me. I have never figured out the fantasy stuff.

That was a good end to a bad day. My VA hearing test showed the expected problems with high range sound, especially in my left ear - closer to the muzzle for right-handed shooters. I'll be getting hearing aids next month. Sigh. Then Rita took a home Covid test and it was positive. A second test was negative, and I tested negative, but DS tested positive. Now we have appointments for PCR Covid tests, and we're quarantined at least until we get the results. Carp.
  • steplinn398
    steplinn398 Posts: 2,908 Member
    Options
    Sorry about the positives. Those close quarters on cruises are the pits.

Our homeowners were at the Seahawks game. They are HUGE fans.

Yesterday we took a road trip to Jerome, Sedona and Flagstaff. Mostly just enjoyed the scenery. Took our toothbrush in case we decided to spend the night but Sedona is too fancy and we spent a few days in flagstaff a few years ago so decided to just come home. Beautiful drive.
  • mcee1
    mcee1 Posts: 3,606 Member
    Options
    Good Afternoon BBB

Sorry Dave and family hopefully all positive, just have mild symptoms

Ride safe Dennis, hopefully your repair gets done Timely!

Neighbors gave me a gorgeous tomato to eat. I now need to get bacon.

I hear the DC traffic is crazy bad. The plus side for me, I often get a hello Mom phone call while ds1 is stuck in it.

Ds2 and DN are heading to DC for the GB Packer game towards end of Oct. I got an invite too. But passed. Let the youngins go it alone this time. I'd rather visit on a non game day!

Be well BBB
  • louisstone
    louisstone Posts: 2,565 Member
    Options
    Good evening, folks.

Sorry about the Covid, Dave. My neighbors brought it back from their cruise - where everyone was required to test negative before boarding 🙄
  • Authenticity3
    Authenticity3 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    Sorry about the covid stuff. I hope it's mild and short for you.
    Mary, that's so cool that your son calls when he's in traffic. He loves you! It means so much to me when my grown children want to connect.
    Traffic is awful around here lately, too, Skip. I attribute it to the fact that most of the roads are closed for construction, so everybody is jammed onto the few that are open. It's annoying. On Tuesday nights, my commute used to take about 20 minutes. It's been 45 lately, with 4 detours along the way.

My bff's last workshop was tonight, and my other bff's last workshop was Saturday. I feel like the last man standing. I don't plan to go anywhere, though ... I still love my job.