Tuesday Cuppa Joe: 9.20.22

Options
DocSkippy
DocSkippy Posts: 7,037 Member
Pour yourself a mug of your favorite morning brew. Pull up a chair and join us for our morning roll call here on the BBB.

“.. he tried to be a good person! Though he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn’t a dog..” Charles M. Schultz (Snoopy)

Replies

• DocSkippy
    Options
    G'Morning~

Sorry I will miss the Que, Slew, & Slaw!

Up to eyebrows with retirement and Hurricane Fiona.

Did catch a few moments of the Queens ceremony yesterday. (As a former USAF Honor Guardsman, we are always critically watching the service members techniques).

Tucker wanted some pool time yesterday - but didn't wrap calls until after 6p.

Long day ahead. BUT hoping for some puppy play time in pool!

How's Rita?

Hope our IN friends are enjoying the cruise.

Cheers,
    Skipper
  • manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,699 Member
    Options
    Mornin' BBB.

• Authenticity3
    Authenticity3 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    2 days until we leave for VA! Yay! We're going to stay over in Cleveland at our friend's house on the way. She'll be out of town, but she's leaving a key for us. I'm hoping some others might be able to meet us for dinner that night.

I found out yesterday that a coach friend of mine from Texas is in her last days. She's one of the tribe members who's met at our gatherings numerous times. We knew she had cancer, we knew it was getting worse, but her daughter's post yesterday still knocked the wind out of my sails. She has a really strong faith and is at peace with it ... it's the rest of us who are hurting this time. I am in awe of her grace.

Her daughter wrote this: "Loss isn’t easy. The one thing I know for sure when our times come our jobs, our status, our bank accounts none of it will matter. The only thing you’ll want is more time. So make the absolute most of it. I know that I’m going to spend my time with intention. Love each other. Be kind. Leave moments better than when you find them."

So on that note, make the MOST of today, my friends. Hugs to you all!
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,963 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB friends.

We should be able to pick Sassy up from the vet sometime late this morning. Miss her.

Rita can't shake the lingering effects of Covid. She tests negative but has a periodic cough that bothers her.

My niece was finishing her bachelor's degree with study abroad in Spain, in June, and caught Covid. It has now been discovered that her pancreas was affected. She can't drink any alcohol and has to carefully watch her sugar intake while they figure out what is going on. She's a great kid. Avid hiker. Wants a career as a park ranger/naturalist - her degree is in biology. Hope she can get back to a normal life.
  • LeonardRing
    LeonardRing Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    Brunswick strew is made up with chicken, beef, pork, tomatoes, corn and seasonings very popular in south with barbeque. As one heads north they may find folks add peas or lima beans, not me.
    Off to working on a bath then two yoga classes this afternoon
  • louisstone
    louisstone Posts: 2,565 Member
    Options
    Good morning.

I was up until 1 last night and up again at 730. I see a nap in my future.
  • steplinn398
    steplinn398 Posts: 2,908 Member
    Options
    Hugs Lisa.

Mary we are headed to Cuba in November and Cozumel Mexico for December and January. None of those are housesits just Airbnbs but we won’t rule out housesits. We have no real plans after that. Tentatively stay in Mexico or South America until April/ May then a reposition cruise to Italy or Spain.

Second AC is frozen over. Repairman coming today. Thankfully the bedroom wing was still working fine.
  • DocSkippy
    Options
    <<<Lisa>>>> Poignant reminder for sure!
  • lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,597 Member
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Good morning BBB Friends.
    . Started my morning with my Emmaus group. Always a good way to start the day.
    . Sorry I can't make it over to the big city Lou. It's almost 200 miles RT and there's a lot going on. I'm guessing you don't have much free time. Good luck with your presentation.
    . DW is panicking over our VA trip. Apparently I'm not prepared. Who knew that was a requirement.
    . Looking forward to the tales and pics from Cuba.
    . Welcome home Sassy. Take it easy girl.
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,963 Member
    Options
    Got home with Sassy a half hour ago. She is cuddled on my lap, now. Has an impressive incision and collection of stitches. As long as she doesn't worry at them, she can avoid wearing a cone. Great to have her home.
  • DocSkippy
    Options
    Tucker sending love and prayers to Miss Sassy while she recovers!