Living The Lifestyle Thursday 9/22/2022

Options
imastar2
imastar2 Posts: 5,944 Member
This is a thread for everyone. If you're new to GoaD, or to weight loss, your questions and comments are always welcome. If you're maintaining, or a long-term loser, your thoughts on the topic may be just what someone else needs to hear. If you're reading this, join in the discussion!

Each weekday, a new topic is offered up for discussion.

Monday - crewahl (Charlie)
Tuesday – Flintwinch (Tim)
Wednesday - misterhub (Greg)
Thursday -imastar2 (Derrick)
Friday - Wildcard

Today's Topic: Your weight journey History.
Do you check in on your weight journey history? Do you just use week to week if so do you sometimes look back 3 months, 6 months or 12 months? Do you use that weight history in your journey?

Replies

• Al_Howard
    Al_Howard Posts: 7,925 Member
    Options
    Excel sheets since 2010,
  • crewahl
    crewahl Posts: 3,803 Member
    Options
    I’ve got weekly history in the WW app. As I creep closer to goal, it’s nice to look back and say “last time I weighed this little was August of 2014”. It’s also a good perspective when I’m frustrated with progress to see “well, I’m bouncing in the 185-190 range, but for about six months in bounced around in the 190-195 - so that’s progress.”

I also started logging my daily results in a spreadsheet on my phone. One day is daily weigh-in with a 14 day average, and the other is my blood pressure by week.
  • imastar2
    imastar2 Posts: 5,944 Member
    Options
    I use my MFP history pretty much everyday. Mostly it's a benchmark to keep my eye on my trends and check my self on trends and ask my self what was actually going on during the last 30, 60, 90 days or even the year in the past. Is there anything I can do with the data? Not really but I can use it to remind me of what can happen if I do this or that.
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,467 Member
    Options
    I think I still have my WW book for the period when I made goal weight. Maybe have my first Lifetime book. I quit full time tracking in about 2012. I did do WW weigh ins at least 1 time a month April, 2006 to Sept, 2017 but I don’t have a record. Sure I was never more than GW +2 lbs.

I think of my history like this- I spent about 10 years gaining weight from 185 lbs to 285 lbs. I spent about 12 years losing 285 lbs to 184 lbs, my WW goal weight. That includes a long stopover around 215-220 lbs. I’ve been maintaining now since about Sept, 2006, 16 years. So I’ve been maintaining now longer than I was gaining or losing. Best thing I’ve ever done next to marrying DW and having a family.
  • steve0mania
    steve0mania Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    I jot down my weight in my running book (where I track my running and keep rare notes to myself) everyday, and I also plug my weight into MFP.

I do look at the MFP weight-chart pretty regularly, but mostly just the past 1-3 months. It never really tells me anything I don't already know, but sometimes when I'm losing weight it's nice to see the graphical representation.