Hump Day Cuppa Joe: 9.28.22

Options
DocSkippy
DocSkippy Posts: 7,037 Member
Pour yourself a mug of your favorite morning brew. Pull up a chair and join us for our morning roll call here on the BBB.

“.. he tried to be a good person! Though he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn’t a dog..” Charles M. Schultz (Snoopy)

Replies

• DocSkippy
    DocSkippy Posts: 7,037 Member
    Options
    G'Morning

Gonna be a long day.

Praying safety for all in FLA path of Ian!

Endoscopy and esophagus stretch later today (hoping for the best)! Didn't sleep well all night - not worried about procedure - but worried about the what if this doesn't work!

How's Miss Lucy and her muzzle feeling? Hopefully back to semblance of normal and pain free!

How's Sassy? Betting she's fully recovered from her little visit last week!!! Thoughts to both!

Thats a long cruise, Moody's! KNOCK KNOCK!!!

Raine/Tom & Larry - stay safe!

Cheers,
    Skipper
  • manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,699 Member
    Options
    Morning BBB.

Batten down the hatches, Raine. Stay safe!
    Skip, prayers for success today. This has been going on too long!

BBB OP ;-)
  • LeonardRing
    LeonardRing Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    Good Morning,

Happy Humping!
  • louisstone
    louisstone Posts: 2,565 Member
    Options
    Good morning.

Do what the nice man on TV says, Raine.
  • lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB Friends.
    • I enjoyed sleeping in this morning.
    • The Braves are tied for 1st place with the Mets in the NL East. Let's hope they can outlast them.
    • Good luck today Skip.
    • Stay safe Raine.
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,963 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB friends.

Prayers for a successful procedure, Skip. And for safety from the storm for Raine, Tom and Larry.

Sassy feels fully recovered and wants to return to normal life. But she still has a bunch of stitches and staples we need to keep dry, so she is still restricted from her normal romps in the wet grass.

I didn't make it to the Army pharmacy yesterday, which means that is on my list for today. Oh joy.
  • mcee1
    mcee1 Posts: 3,606 Member
    Options
    Good morning

Stay safe Raine & Co.! Hope FL comes out ok!

Well wishes for you today Skip. This time it will work!

Pup tent Steph? On hard ground? I'd need an air mattress at minimum. Or I can sleep in the car, better yet!

Ds2 and ddil are going to Big10 Badgers football Sat. Then driving another hour north to lake by us after. I will take Maddie dog with us Friday night. Should be in the 60's daytime, but down into 40s at night already, geezer. We got little spring, now seems we will have little fall before winter sets in. Colors should be nice though. Boat ride is on agenda!

I updated our HOA assessment list. Invoices to go out next week. 10 out of 70 homes sold in 2022 in our HOA.

Ds2 is going to learn how to replace his garbage disposal tomorrow night. My Tom is his teacher. Little screw was jammed down in it. He got that out. But now its leaking.

Wheres Kelly!?? Hope all is well!

• kgmoody
    kgmoody Posts: 3,149 Member
    Options
    It WAS a long cruise. The seas were angry a few days.
    Then, I got feeling pretty bad Saturday. Horrible Sunday all day Monday. Back home late Monday night. Sicker than a dog yesterday and tested Covid positive today. Good grief. So, I do feel better now. I talked to me RN friend. As long as I feel up to it, I can go back to work tomorrow as long as I’m fever free for 24 hours which I will be. I have groceries being delivered in a few minutes.

I hate being sick

Skip, sorry I had no idea that you were still having those problems I thought they were all cured.

The hurricane will hit the place we go every year for Mother’s Day. Ugh.
  • steplinn398
    steplinn398 Posts: 2,908 Member
    Options
    Morning all.

We had a meet up with other online friends last night. So fun. They are in an early retiree/nomad group but currently all live in Phoenix area.

Our tent is small but enough for us and one small bag. We have air mattresses, sleeping bags and a battery operated electric blanket so we should be ok down to 35 or so. Hoping it will be more like 45-50.

Today not much on our plate.

Stay safe Raine.
  • kgmoody
    kgmoody Posts: 3,149 Member
    Options
    Prayers for Tom and Raine to be safe!!!
  • Authenticity3
    Authenticity3 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    I'm praying for Raine and Tom, too. They're tough and they've got skills - I feel confident for them.
    Steph, you constantly impress me.
    Kelly, that sucks! I'm glad you're feeling better.
    Mary, do you have much color there yet? We don't. A teensy bit, but it's sparse.
    I'm happy to hear that Sassy is doing well!
    Lou, as usual is wise. Sometimes it's "wise guy" but today it's just "wise". :D
    I'm glad you could sleep in, Dennis, as opposed to being woken up by loud roommates making coffee at o-dark-thirty.
    How did the dialation go, Skip? Did you stock up on popsicles? Jim has that every 6-12 months (and has since he was 10), and popsicles are his routine. I often will make him potato soup, too.
    Hi Sam!

It's been a week. One thing after another. But, I feel like I'm handling it all pretty well. I've been doing my best to stay in the moment and do the next right thing (which is my life's mantra), which usually means simply focusing on and doing the thing in front of me as best as I can. That seems to alleviate stress a lot and not project into the future. FEAR = Future Events Appearing Real, right? And most of what I would worry about never happens, so why let it ruin the present.
  • mcee1
    mcee1 Posts: 3,606 Member
    Options
    Were did wednesdays thread go?