Options
steve0mania
steve0mania Posts: 2,946 Member
Yo. How'd you do?

Replies

• steve0mania
    steve0mania Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    I'm up 1.2 pounds. As I suggested last week, I think I'm just going to be in a holding pattern for a few weeks, given the Jewish High Holiday season. We had an amazing two-days of Rosh Hashanah, but that came with a couple of major "festive meals." While Yom Kippur is a fast day, break-the-fast usually involves some beer in additional to my favorite break-the-fast bagels and lox meal. After that comes Sukkot, which includes 8 days of meals in the sukkah, usually with friends.

On a good note, I did manage to shift my running days around and get in my usual full complement of runs this week.

182/138.8/146
  • Al_Howard
    Al_Howard Posts: 7,929 Member
    Options
    We didn't go to WW this week (first miss since I recovered from my back surgery last fall. Had a "WONDEFUL" anniversary (our 58th) dinner at my favorite restaurant, with appetizer before and desert after the entree.
    I was 3.2# up from last Wednesday, but well worth it.
    Back down by this morning (as God sees me).
  • Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,231 Member
    Options
    Here
  • crewahl
    crewahl Posts: 3,807 Member
    Options
    As near as I can tell, I’m down a pound. It’s approximate because like Al, I didn’t weigh in at WW since I’m traveling on vacation. I have been doing my normal weigh-in (driving vacay, so brought the scale), and so my estimate of 187.0 is based on my morning weigh-in plus what I usually weigh above that when dressed at my weekly evening WW weigh-in.

I’ve been reasonably good this trip. It’s been breakfast in the condo, and then a late afternoon meal as our meal of the day. Bought watermelon at the grocery store as an evening snack. Most meals have been a salad with protein, including a tasty ”power bowl” at BJ's Restaurant & Brewery. I also had a pizookie while there, which shot a pretty big hole in my points at 30 points for half. Still, it’s that sort of situation where it’s better to have something and spend the point/calories than to deprive myself and make a stream of bad choices later due to feeling deprived.

I’m pleased to say that the fourteen day average of my daily weigh-in has been under 190 for twenty-one days now, and the current figure is in the 187's. I’m about six or seven pounds from my goal weight of 180, and starting to think not about when (because, as we know, “Que sera, sera”) but about how I’ll manage the transition to maintaining and how to keep a range approach rather than a number approach. Guess there's some more mulling in my future.

And on the good news/bad news front? BJ's Restaurant has been expanding their geographic footprint. They added one 60 miles away this year, and they’ve gotten approval for one in Manchester NH, one town over. Happy there will be one nearby when I want to go; scared as poo that there will be one nearby because I want to go. Talk about your first world problems . . . .