Friday Cup of Joe - 10/21/22

Options
lowbar31
lowbar31 Posts: 6,597 Member
Pour yourself a mug of your favorite morning brew. Pull up a chair and join us for our morning roll call here on the BBB.

"If you find yourself in a hole, stop digging." - Will Rogers

Replies

• DocSkippy
    DocSkippy Posts: 7,037 Member
    Options
    G'Morning~

Damn Yankees!

TGIF!

Tuck off to daycare while I go get peepers exam; haircut; and run errands.

Thinking of a new pickup - might swing in to "talk."

Cheers,
    skipper
  • manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,699 Member
    Options
    Mornin' BBB.

Ditto the darn Yankees. Ugh.
    LOL, Skip. You are too funny with the vehicles.
    Sad about the nieces not talking, Steph. Family drama is often disappointing.

BBB OP ;-)
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,963 Member
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Good morning BBB friends.

Skip's looking at a new vehicle! All is right with the world. Looking forward to the vicarious thrills.

Still pulling for the Yankees. I'm with you, Lee. I've really moved on to football, though.

Summer is finally over in Tumwater. I can see the band of rain on the radar. It will get here around 9 a.m. After freakishly warm sunny weather up to now, we will be chilly and wet going forward. Time to pack away the short sleeve shirts and shorts. I checked the NOAA website to get the weather for the area I hiked on Wednesday. It calls for heavy snow.
  • louisstone
    louisstone Posts: 2,565 Member
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Good morning.

Stupit Yankees.

Cecilia starts the new job today, so any prayers or juju that you can send out there would be appreciated. She's been a ball of nerves for 3 weeks and I'm praying that she'll calm down now that she's actually starting.

We'll be in the upper 80's through the weekend before it cools into the 70's next week. I'll take it.
  • manladdvm
    manladdvm Posts: 8,699 Member
    Options
    (((Cecilia)))
  • steplinn398
    steplinn398 Posts: 2,908 Member
    Options
    Good luck Cecilia

We are headed “home”. Excited to see everyone

Got a call yesterday from united. Our flight to Cuba was cancelled with no option to rebook. Ugh. We spent all afternoon finding a new route. Now a much longer flight with a layover in Florida instead of direct from Houston. I did get a full refund of points and money but now that’s trapped at united instead of much more useful Chase points. I’m filling out the compensation for later this week. Maybe they will give us something else too.

We almost scrapped Cuba and just went toMexico but the flight from Cuba to Mexico in December isn’t refundable. We could have changed the dates but not the to/from.
  • louisstone
    louisstone Posts: 2,565 Member
    Options
    Stupit United!
  • lowbar31
    lowbar31 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Good morning BBB Friends.
    . Got up early to attend the funeral of an old friend whose been battling leukemia for the last 15 years. He's the one got got me involved with Boys State.
    . After that I'm going to donate platelets in his honor.
    . Yankees have a real uphill battle.
    . Best of luck to Cecilia and her new job.
  • DocSkippy
    DocSkippy Posts: 7,037 Member
    Options
    {Celia}

Ugh, Steph!

My eye exam was 40 mins late. I asked how much longer and got an actual "Hmppphhhh and eye roll" from some snot nosed young'n! Then asked when I could reschedule. She said five weeks. I said no bother, won't be back. Sad. Mom/Pop operation that recently sold out to big chain "My Eye Dr" - the signs were there that this wasn't going to be the same! It aint.

• Authenticity3
    Authenticity3 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    Goooooooooooooooo, Cecilia!
    How frustrating, Steph!
    I'm sending you a big hug, Dennis ... I'm so sorry about your friend. What a beautiful thing to do in his honor.

We've had Anabelle all week while her mama was in the hospital. She's doing much better now. My youngest and her new dh took the 2 toddlers for the week. It's going to feel awfully quiet around here when they all go home! I was able to find Anabelle 2 new little girls to play with this week, so that's cool. One is the daughter of some church friends, and the other is in the neighborhood here. I didn't know that one at all ... but I put out a request on our neighborhood fb page for a little girl for her to hang out with, and voila! It worked. :smiley:

• mcee1
    mcee1 Posts: 3,606 Member
    Options
    Sending get well wishes to dd1 Lisa! Scarey I'm sure. Hope she is on the mend.

My sympathy Dennis. Enjoy your date with Stella on Sat!

Thats too bad Steph on the cc points lost and for your nieces, too. I assume they are cousins to eachother? Maybe you can bridge them back :) since you want to see both and your time is limited....

Our warmer temps came in like the weather desk promised for a change woohoo! Its sunny and 72. I have Maddie dog for the weekend while her people are in D C for the GB Packer vs Commanders game visiting ds1. I was invited but not my thing lol.

Plus we are putting the pink drink thru
    the RV this weekend and calling
    glamping a wrap until April 2023.

We just got back from the dog park and she ran and ran, and is wore out now, for the 2.5 hour drive the lake
    soon. Just waiting for my honey to get home from work.

Be well BBB!
  • LeonardRing
    LeonardRing Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    Good Evening,
    Stuck sitting DMIL
    Did early voting today