This November I Will...

Options
themedalist
themedalist Posts: 3,212 Member
edited October 2022 in Social Groups
ksdqz4mscw1w.jpeg
And Hello November!

With 2 more months left of 2022, what's on your to-do list? What healthy habit would you like to create before the year ends that will be a great platform for 2023?

If it's helpful, you might frame your goal along these lines:

1. My goal for this month (This November I will...")
2. The small actions I’ll be taking to accomplish this goal
3. The trigger or cue to remember to do my habit
4. How often will you do your new habit (daily is best if possible)
5. What reward will you immediately give yourself for doing your habit?
6. What help do you need from us?
7. What does success look like to you at the end of this year?

If you are new to our group, welcome! Let us know what your goal is and how we can help. If you're stumped by what to work on this month, our list of previous challenges can help.

Looking forward to hearing what you'll be working on this month!

🌷Denise & 🌸Maddie
@themedalist & @MadisonMolly2017

New to Habit Building?

Read our Nuts and Bolts of Habit Building.

It will help you make your habit stick!

Β«13456

Replies

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,088 Member
    edited November 2022
    Options
    I find completing the Calendar table with colourful symbols for my goals a great motivator
    🌾🍁πŸ₯€πŸ‚πŸŒΎπŸπŸ₯€πŸ‚πŸŒΎ
    πŸ§˜πŸΌβ€β™€οΈπŸπŸ‚ NOVEMBER πŸ‚πŸπŸ§˜πŸΌβ€β™€οΈ

Daily Solid Habits:
    1-2-3-4-5-6-7
    8-9-19-11-12-13-14
    15-16-17-18-19-20-21
    22-23-24-25-26-27-28
    29-30
    1. My intention for November (This November I will...")
    For November, I am research on how to become more grounded.
    Daily πŸ§˜πŸΌβ€β™€οΈ or πŸ¦‡
    1-2-3-4-5-6-7
    8-9-19-11-12-13-14
    15-16-17-18-19-20-21
    22-23-24-25-26-27-28
    29-30
    (Using β€˜am’ as opposed to β€˜I will … β€˜ as it gives me less scope to cop out.
    2. The small actions I am taking to accomplish this goal
    Research > 5 mins
    3. My trigger(s)
    Morning/Afternoon coffee break
    4. Every day
    5. What reward am I immediately giving myself for doing my habit?
    I am doing a victory πŸ’ƒπŸΌ and posting πŸ§˜πŸΌβ€β™€οΈ In my Calendar
    Click β€œLike” or any of the feedback responses so I know you are reading? Having this place to report in every few days and knowing someone else is reading is really helpful.
    7. What does success look like to you at the end of October?
    More aware of my inner space

Nothing feels
    as good as
    Fit and Healthy
    In MIND and BODY!!!
    πŸšΆβ€β™€οΈπŸšΆπŸ» Autumn Ambles πŸšΆπŸ»πŸšΆβ€β™€οΈ
    Autumn Ambles: walk > 7500 steps daily
    Target for the month > 100 miles
    1-2-3-4-5-6-7
    8-9-19-11-12-13-14
    15-16-17-18-19-20-21
    22-23-24-25-26-27-28
    29-30
    (x/100)
    Walking is just what I do. Every day! Indoors or outdoors. I take every opportunity to do NEAT exercise.
    I have daily steps, and active hours goals set on my Fitbit, with alarms set 15 minutes before the hour every 2 hours so that I can have at least a 10 minute walk.

Where there’s a will, there’s a way!

October Recap
    β€’ Walking goal was surpassed
    β€’ Much more aware of mindless scrolling and have definitely reduced the instances. It’s so easy to get sidetracked when you go Online.
    β€’ Solid Habits have made maintenance so much easier. Tracking food in advance reduces the temptation to eat off plan. I also belong to a couple of accountability challenges to help keep me on the straight and narrow.

• snowshoe072
    snowshoe072 Posts: 4,550 Member
    Options
    Not sure about November have re join the gym so will make a big effort to do leg work to strengthen the knees. Would like to continue with my habits in progress tai chi, reducing meat and dairy products. I have found a decent pb coffee creamer so I am hopeful to be done with 1/2&1/2 to much cholesterol in it. So I guess I have a fewπŸ™‚
  • snowshoe072
    snowshoe072 Posts: 4,550 Member
    edited November 2022
    Options
    5snl2z45kduv.jpeg

I stumbled across this shot in the back yard sums up fall well I think. I had to hang over our fence to get it almost dropped my phone lol decided I needed the digital slr instead, shot is even nicer all it needs is a small bird. I may print a copy for my desk.
  • biketheworld
    biketheworld Posts: 2,240 Member
    Options
    I joined this group a couple months ago but have been inactive. Time to refocus. I’ll be working on a couple habits but the one I’ll report on here is:

This November I will: do my 20 minute Essentrics workout every morning after coffee and before getting dressed.

Progress: 1/30
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,364 Member
    Options
    Not sure yet what my specific target (non UAC) will be ... or maybe it will be best if I make "SIGN ON MFP (DAILY)" and "LOG ALL FOOD INTAKE (DAILY)" my focus for Nov. (sorry - I know block caps are the e-equivalent of shouting)

If that is what I go with, then Nov 1 🀩 and Nov 2 "off to a good start"

Also going through major transition (my business line at work shifted to a different Directorate as of yesterday) and I have no idea what exactly the impact is going to be. Maybe I WILL have to start going back on-site one or two days a week (thought until we got the news of the switch-up that I would be remaining off-site for the final 13 months till my target retirement date.

Everything about this was no-notice to my level, up in the air and unclear. πŸ˜”
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    Nov 1

1. in bed by midnight. Yes
    2. Exercise at least 20 minutes. Yes
    3. Plan and prelog my meals. Yes

This week

1. Research a new vegetarian meal, shop for it and prepare it. Not yet
    2. Clean one kitchen cabinet or drawer. Not yet

• KacyCarpe
    KacyCarpe Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I am new to this group and excited to have found it. Thanks to @themedalist & @MadisonMolly2017 for lots of insightful content. I have just finished reading Atomic Habits and today rewatched the BJ Fogg TEDx Talk that was linked in one of the discussion threads. I have been stacking habits since September and find it very effective.

1. This November I will ... add push-ups to my list of exercises.
    2. The small actions I’ll be taking to accomplish this goal: Two incline push-ups after I flush the toilet.
    3. The trigger or cue: Flushing the toilet.
    4. How often will you do your new habit: Each bathroom break (I will start tracking how many on my phone).
    5. Immediate reward: The BJ Fogg "Awesome!" celebration and adding two more reps to the running total.
    6. What does success look like? Being able to crank out 10 standard push-ups. From two incline push-ups, I can work up to several incline push-ups, then to knee push-ups, then to regular push-ups.
    7. How can we help? Not sure if this level of progression is realistic to achieve by the end of the year. I am pretty weak right now... Has anyone done this tiny habit before? If so, how long did it take you to increase your push-up output?

• MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,995 Member
    Options
    I am new to this group and excited to have found it. Thanks to @themedalist & @MadisonMolly2017 for lots of insightful content. I have just finished reading Atomic Habits and today rewatched the BJ Fogg TEDx Talk that was linked in one of the discussion threads. I have been stacking habits since September and find it very effective.

1. This November I will ... add push-ups to my list of exercises.
    2. The small actions I’ll be taking to accomplish this goal: Two incline push-ups after I flush the toilet.
    3. The trigger or cue: Flushing the toilet.
    4. How often will you do your new habit: Each bathroom break (I will start tracking how many on my phone).
    5. Immediate reward: The BJ Fogg "Awesome!" celebration and adding two more reps to the running total.
    6. What does success look like? Being able to crank out 10 standard push-ups. From two incline push-ups, I can work up to several incline push-ups, then to knee push-ups, then to regular push-ups.
    7. How can we help? Not sure if this level of progression is realistic to achieve by the end of the year. I am pretty weak right now... Has anyone done this tiny habit before? If so, how long did it take you to increase your push-up output?

Welcome @KacyCarpe !
    You are far along the habit path already 🌼

I find when I’m Beginning strength training, that’s when I have the biggest
    improvements. I love your habit trigger! I might have to begin using that. I have continued only using the upstairs toilet!!

We’re happy to have you in our group❣️

• texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    Options
    My goal/habit this month is to again do intentional exercise/walking as well as other activities such as yard/garden πŸŒ·πŸ›, maybe a little outdoor walking, or extra household tasks, to continue to purposefully increase my activity on most days, as tolerated. In order to increase the amount of walking on some days of November I am going to do several walks instead of only the one purposeful walk in the morning. I will have to figure out how to successfully incorporate that.

I will also continue to draw colorful flowers on my workout calendar every day that I did something intentional toward dealing with my long time friend "paper tiger 🐯".

:flowerforyou: πŸ¦‹
  • TerriRichardson112
    edited November 2022
    Options
    I find completing the Calendar table with colourful symbols for my goals a great motivator

Daily Solid Habits:
    πŸ‘ŒπŸ»πŸ‘ŒπŸ» 3-4-5-6-7
    8-9-19-11-12-13-14
    15-16-17-18-19-20-21
    22-23-24-25-26-27-28
    29-30
    For November, I am doing research on how to become more grounded.
    πŸ§˜πŸΌβ€β™€οΈπŸ§˜πŸΌβ€β™€οΈ 3-4-5-6-7
    8-9-19-11-12-13-14
    15-16-17-18-19-20-21
    22-23-24-25-26-27-28
    29-30
    Comments:
    1: Found a chakra graphic and changed my propic
    2: Did some reading on chakras
    (Using β€˜am’ as opposed to β€˜I will … β€˜ as it gives me less scope to cop out.
    Research > 5 mins
    3. My trigger(s)
    4. Every day
    Click β€œLike” or any of the feedback responses so I know you are reading? Having this place to report in every few days and knowing someone else is reading is really helpful.

Nothing feels
    as good as
    Fit and Healthy
    In MIND and BODY!!!
    πŸšΆβ€β™€οΈπŸšΆβ€β™€οΈ3-4-5-6-7
    8-9-19-11-12-13-14
    15-16-17-18-19-20-21
    22-23-24-25-26-27-28
    29-30
    (8/100)
    Walking is just what I do. Every day! Indoors or outdoors. I take every opportunity to do NEAT exercise.
    I have daily steps, and active hours goals set on my Fitbit, with alarms set 15 minutes before the hour every 2 hours so that I can have at least a 10 minute walk.

• BMcC9
    Options
    BMcC9 wrote: Β»
    Not sure yet what my specific target (non UAC) will be ... or maybe it will be best if I make "SIGN ON MFP (DAILY)" and "LOG ALL FOOD INTAKE (DAILY)" my focus for Nov. (sorry - I know block caps are the e-equivalent of shouting)

Also going through major transition (my business line at work shifted to a different Directorate as of yesterday) and I have no idea what exactly the impact is going to be. Maybe I WILL have to start going back on-site one or two days a week (thought until we got the news of the switch-up that I would be remaining off-site for the final 13 months till my target retirement date.

Everything about this was no-notice to my level, up in the air and unclear. πŸ˜”

More specific ...
    IF I logged in (which means I at least started the pre-log before work) : πŸ’š This tells me *and you-all* that I have (a) SIGNED IN before work [and (b) while signed in, kicked off my "Go for the Green" game for the day - can I juggle the ci vs co info for the day to wind up with my Total Remaining "in the green"? = whether I end the day in the red or in the green is irrelevant for THIS thread]

IF, at the end of the day (or next morning, looking back) I LOGGED ALL FOOD (regardless of whether I ended up with Remaining in the green or the red) the πŸ’š will be changed for a 🀩.

🀩-🀩-πŸ’š-4-5-6-7
    8-9-19-11-12-13-14
    15-16-17-18-19-20-21
    22-23-24-25-26-27-28
    29-30
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,995 Member
    Options
    My goal/habit this month is to again do intentional exercise/walking as well as other activities such as yard/garden πŸŒ·πŸ›, maybe a little outdoor walking, or extra household tasks, to continue to purposefully increase my activity on most days, as tolerated. In order to increase the amount of walking on some days of November I am going to do several walks instead of only the one purposeful walk in the morning. I will have to figure out how to successfully incorporate that.

I will also continue to draw colorful flowers on my workout calendar every day that I did something intentional toward dealing with my long time friend "paper tiger 🐯".

:flowerforyou: πŸ¦‹

@texasgardnr
    What a great way to reward yourself for dealing with the dastardly paperwork!

I use the β€œ5 minute” Technique. Grab papers, set timer for 5 minutes. Then stop or continue as I wish.

Once I got through ALL my papers a la Marie Kondo, paper has been very easy to keep under control.,

More specific ...
    IF I logged in (which means I at least started the pre-log before work) : πŸ’š This tells me *and you-all* that I have (a) SIGNED IN before work [and (b) while signed in, kicked off my "Go for the Green" game for the day - can I juggle the ci vs co info for the day to wind up with my Total Remaining "in the green"? = whether I end the day in the red or in the green is irrelevant for THIS thread]

IF, at the end of the day (or next morning, looking back) I LOGGED ALL FOOD (regardless of whether I ended up with Remaining in the green or the red) the πŸ’š will be changed for a 🀩.

🀩-🀩-πŸ’š-4-5-6-7

8-9-19-11-12-13-14

15-16-17-18-19-20-21
    22-23-24-25-26-27-28
    29-30

@BMcC9 what a great strategy ❣️
    You’ve got me thinking!
  • donna25trinity
    donna25trinity Posts: 3,008 Member
    Options

2nd and 3rd Nov
    Goals/ habits for November
    *Hve increased calories this month to allow for honest trackingπŸ’–
    * Dont cheat, track evey blt including w/e and pass daysπŸ’–
    * Make friends with guilt, dnt ppl please πŸ’–
    * Leave work on time and hve things to look forward to after work, these activities also ensure i am being present with bub! πŸ’–
    * Find out what hubby is cooking the night b4 and pretrack food wen I get to work in the morning! πŸ‘‡
    * Weekly self care activities either hair salon or massage πŸ‘‡

I have put alot of time into thinking about realistic habits for November as took on too much last month and failed miserably. In my defence I had a really hectic month of travelling and hosting!! Fresh month with realistic goals!

• TerriRichardson112
    edited November 2022
    Options

Daily Solid Habits:
    πŸ‘ŒπŸ»πŸ‘ŒπŸ»πŸ‘ŒπŸ» 4-5-6-7
    8-9-19-11-12-13-14
    15-16-17-18-19-20-21
    22-23-24-25-26-27-28
    29-30
    πŸ§˜πŸΌβ€β™€οΈπŸ§˜πŸΌβ€β™€οΈπŸ§˜πŸΌβ€β™€οΈ 4-5-6-7
    8-9-19-11-12-13-14
    15-16-17-18-19-20-21
    22-23-24-25-26-27-28
    29-30
    Comments:
    Research > 5 mins
    3. My trigger(s)
    4. Every day

Nothing feels
    as good as
    Fit and Healthy
    In MIND and BODY!!!
    πŸšΆβ€β™€οΈπŸšΆβ€β™€οΈπŸšΆβ€β™€οΈ4-5-6-7
    8-9-19-11-12-13-14
    15-16-17-18-19-20-21
    22-23-24-25-26-27-28
    29-30
    (12/100)

• corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    Nov 2 & 3

1. in bed by midnight. Yes and yes
    2. Exercise at least 20 minutes. Yes and yes
    3. Plan and prelog my meals. Yes and yes

This week

1. Research a new vegetarian meal, shop for it and prepare it. Not yet
    2. Clean one kitchen cabinet or drawer. Not yet

• TerriRichardson112
    edited November 2022
    Options

Daily Solid Habits:
    πŸ‘ŒπŸ»πŸ‘ŒπŸ»πŸ‘ŒπŸ»πŸ‘ŒπŸ» 5-6-7
    8-9-19-11-12-13-14
    15-16-17-18-19-20-21
    22-23-24-25-26-27-28
    29-30
    πŸ§˜πŸΌβ€β™€οΈπŸ§˜πŸΌβ€β™€οΈπŸ§˜πŸΌβ€β™€οΈπŸ§˜πŸΌβ€β™€οΈ-5-6-7
    8-9-19-11-12-13-14
    15-16-17-18-19-20-21
    22-23-24-25-26-27-28
    29-30
    Comments:
    Research > 5 mins
    3. My trigger(s)
    4. Every day

Nothing feels
    as good as
    Fit and Healthy
    In MIND and BODY!!!
    πŸšΆβ€β™€οΈπŸšΆβ€β™€οΈπŸšΆβ€β™€οΈπŸšΆβ€β™€οΈ 5-6-7
    8-9-19-11-12-13-14
    15-16-17-18-19-20-21
    22-23-24-25-26-27-28
    29-30
    (12/100)
  • BMcC9
    Options

Nov 4

🀩-🀩-🀩-πŸ’š-5-6-7
    8-9-19-11-12-13-14
    15-16-17-18-19-20-21
    22-23-24-25-26-27-28
    29-30