Low carb but high protein

Options
Anyone doing this?

Looking to gather friends to stay motivated and learn tips on getting thin and being healthy. Will accept friend requests

Replies

• MiaMiaMiaMiaMiaMiaMiaMiaMia
    Options
    Hi there,
    literally joined here 5 minutes ago.
    Also starting high protein, low carb.
    Happy to be friends, but not sure how to do it on here yet.
  • Alaplum
    Alaplum Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I do ketovore but keep my protein moderate as it affects my blood glucose levels.
  • vickiecarroll528
    vickiecarroll528 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am 5 months post Gastric bypass surgery patient, eating a high protein, low carb diet. working well for me so far. I've lost 84.5 lbs in 5 months.
  • 2t9nty
    2t9nty Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    I have fairly high protein macro levels and do keto. I know the protein is supposed to impact BG levels, and I find it does not for me.
  • tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    My first few years on keto I focused on carbs being VERY low and fat pretty high, not thinking much about protein. I lost weight but also muscle so I've been more aware and set a higher protein goal. I feel better and it's helping my body use the store fat and become more lean.
  • taylok23
    taylok23 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I too, try to keep my protein above 100g per day. Some days it is easier than others but I’ve found protein keeps me the most satisfied while cutting into cravings.
  • 2t9nty
    Options
    Same here, and I don't want to lose muscle mass.
  • ginnysue21
    ginnysue21 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am looking for others trying to stay motivated to get healthy. I am almost 300 pounds. My family is heavy and so are most of my friends so my support network is literally non-existent at this point. Would love to have a few people on here to help keep each other accountable.
  • 2t9nty
    Options
    You are welcome to friend me. My diary is open, but my meals might seem a little boring. I do not have a lot of variety in my meals, but they work well for me.
  • ldytrvl
    ldytrvl Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have been on the keto meal plan for years, it consists of high proteins (100g a day) and low carb (currently 50g or less a day). I did really well for a long time, but as I age into my late 50s, the lbs keep creeping up along with my BP. Any suggestions on how to get back on track so I can lose 20 lbs by Feb 28?
  • Healthymom_5
    Healthymom_5 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    This is me! I've not started logging yet...just starting back keto. I'll probably incorporate some fasting to boost my results. I would love it if everyone would continue this conversation here??!
  • Healthymom_5
    Options
    @ldytrvl basically the same here. Keto has worked really well for me, but the last 1.5 years have not gone well, and my weight and BP have crept up! Also late 50's here. I think you're goal is doable - I'll join you! I have to get this weight off...I've never been this concerned about my health and I don't want to get to a point of no return!
  • Lisa_Marie1416
    Lisa_Marie1416 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Welcome to friend me! I’ve been a member on and off for years, lost 60lbs doing low carb/high protein, got pregnant twice and have struggled since. Trying to get back in the swing of things 🙂
  • kimberwolf71
    kimberwolf71 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I am definitely focusing on keeping my protein over 80g/day. Last week I also decided to start incorporating some intentional fasting as night time snacking/boredom eating has always been a huge issue for me. I do not keep my carbs at keto levels, but feel my best when I average around 100g/day. I haven't been so good at hitting that target lately though. Time to reign it all in, always happy to have extra support.
  • kirstenfabulous
    kirstenfabulous Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I had bariatric surgery in October 2022. I’m following a high protein low carb/fat diet. While it can be tricky, I feel great and am enjoying the rewards. Anyone else with resources or recipes to fit this lifestyle- please friend request me! 😁
  • Healthymom_5
    Options
    I am sending friend requests to y'all! I hope we can keep this discussion going!!