We need a "Pro Calorie Counting" thread/discussion

Options
123457»

Replies

• NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    FIT_Goat wrote: »
    Calories do count, but you might not need to count them. It depends on what you're eating and how in tune with your hunger signals you are.

This! I just started doing "lower" carb because of PCOS...but otherwise was mostly a calories in vs calories out person. But I think you nailed it. It depends on the person and their eating style and hunger. Me...I can eat 4 lbs of bacon all to myself in one sitting without a flinch. So I need to count calories to keep me in check.

I think others who feel fuller with the higher protein will naturally eat less and it works itself out, no calorie counting needed.
  • bubaluboo
    bubaluboo Posts: 2,098 Member
    Options
    I have to count as I don't appear to read my fullness cues until it's too late...even with mindful eating.
  • redoux33
    redoux33 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I think I need to count because I am 68 yrs old with thyroid issues. I can't eat more than 1200 calories a day because if I do I start to gain. It's pretty hard to stay under 1200 without counting no matter what you are eating. If I just ate nothing but leafy greens I wouldn't have to count but I don't do that. I'm currently focused on weight loss again now and have cut my calories to 1100. I have stayed under 1100 for two weeks and the number on the scale is holding steady. I should also add that I have quite a bit to loose. 80 pounds. I'm thinking the next step will be a food scale. I'd rather not count but I don't dare go there.